The New Raith Rovers Thread

The performance yesterday was directly comparable to the league matches against Rangers under Murray, I'm afraid; a timid surrender of sit back and let them hammer us.

Other than that, it is far too early for that sort of talk. If we're 7th at Christmas and struggling then I may be inclined to start agreeing. At any rate, and as I've now said several times, we can't expect instant results under McKinnon given what are more or less wholesale changes.

The performance yesterday was directly comparable to the league matches against Rangers under Murray, I'm afraid; a timid surrender of sit back and let them hammer us.

Other than that, it is far too early for that sort of talk. If we're 7th at Christmas and struggling then I may be inclined to start agreeing. At any rate, and as I've now said several times, we can't expect instant results under McKinnon given what are more or less wholesale changes.

Not really, this Rangers team are years ahead of last seasons. Can't compare the two at all!

Rangers are going to piss it this year they're thrashing everyone for fun although 2 soft penalties ran up the score.

QOS next will be a reasonable match up and hopefully pick up again especially at home.

All in all a shitter of a weekend and I fucking hate football some weeks.

But folk wetting their knickers because of 2 shite league games.

Are they any better than Hearts were last season though?

we are 2 points, 7 goals and +7 in the goal difference better off than hearts were at this stage in the season last year, we are also a round further than hearts managed to get in the challenge cup last year - based on the stats so far its pretty clear we are better than hearts last year

Are they any better than Hearts were last season though?

I'm guessing you weren't at the game yesterday? Otherwise you wouldn't be asking that question. They are miles better than Hearts were last year.

I guess the only consolation after yesterday is I have Tavernier and Wallace in my fantasy team so will get points for the goals. I will also get points for them both keeping clean sheet as well as foderingham. On to next week though, I'm sure we'll bounce back.

We did say when the fixtures came out, that we have a good chance of winning all our home games in the first quarter as well as losing all 4 away games. Thats the way that it's panned out so far.

I'm guessing you weren't at the game yesterday? Otherwise you wouldn't be asking that question. They are miles better than Hearts were last year.

I guess the only consolation after yesterday is I have Tavernier and Wallace in my fantasy team so will get points for the goals. I will also get points for them both keeping clean sheet as well as foderingham. On to next week though, I'm sure we'll bounce back.

We did say when the fixtures came out, that we have a good chance of winning all our home games in the first quarter as well as losing all 4 away games. Thats the way that it's panned out so far.

No I wasn't there. Just like about 95% of our support judging by the video.

The way we were letting that number 10 just run right through us was ridiculous.

Although we were royally raped on Saturday, I won't be defining our season against the likes of Rangers and Hibs. This Sevco team are light years ahead of what they were last season. I'm usually the most negative of supporters. But I still feel optimistic about our chances. We have a new manager, new players (near enough) and a new philosophy. We should be a match for anybody. I'm still hopeful as we all should be.