The New Raith Rovers Thread

Is it too late to tell the club? "Speedy striker" is the quote.

http://www.raithrovers.net/22945/mckinnon-moves-to-strengthen-squad.htm

Sounds promising.

Going on that article he'll probably start against Alloa. We'll know soon enough whether he's speedy or not. However, goals are required more than running ability.

The fact he isn't a big target man is a promising sign at least. Hopefully that's mckinnon ditching the long ball game to something more suited to the players we have at the club. Regardless he will have my full support should he play tomorrow. As has been said we were mocked when we signed graham and look how he turned out for us.

Craig Wighton needs 1 premier league goal in the next 6 years to surpass Longridges top league strike count. I'm confident he will tbh.

Wighton will have a good career at Dundee Imo. He has the technical ability just needs to strengthen up and be more confident in front of goal. It's quite ridiculous seeing fellow rovers ripping into an 18 year old like they are! We are spoiled because Vaughan is a better prospect potentially but still.

Realistically he's (Wighton) gonna have to fill out, toughen up and improve vastly if he's any chance of still being at Dundee in 2 seasons time.

Anyhow he's away now and as such history.

Edited by Scottydog

Bloody hell, this laddie hasn't even kicked a ball for us yet but everyone is already passing judgment on the guy...

Aye welcome to the Rovers Louis.

Too early for anyone to say how Longridge's time with us will go. He's featured 16 times this season in the SPL and though his style of play may not suit Accies who's to say he won't be a revelation for us?

I admit he wasn't what I was hoping for but as long as there's another signing to come, then I'll be happy with his arrival as we were woefully short on options out wide.