The New Raith Rovers Thread

I'm not saying he doesn't have a right to compensation etc. But the guy has admitted no responsibility to this season and should have the decency to walk away. I hate when fans through this "real world" argument. Since when has football been the real world?
You're fucking Raith Rovers not Real Madrid, your not watching multimillionaire footballers being coached by some Svengali type manager who can f**k off to the Bundesliga or Serie A at the drop of a hat, the guy earns a crust the same as me and presumably you, you can't expect him to put his family on the breadline and potentially lose his home and/or fittings because the Team you happen to support failed to get promoted this season, get real!!!  

I'm not saying he doesn't have a right to compensation etc. But the guy has admitted no responsibility to this season and should have the decency to walk away. I hate when fans through this "real world" argument. Since when has football been the real world?

Football at this level is very much the real world though.

If this was the English Premiership then your argument would be much more valid.

12 minutes ago, grumswall said:

I was one of the people who clapped the team off today as regardless of how shit the past couple of seasons have been for us as a club some of those players will be moving on. We have no idea if the likes of bene who has served us well will be here next season or not. Touch of class by him giving his arm band to a young fan also.

The Alloa team deserved their applause aswell. The better team over the two legs and I hope they go up due to family connections.

Agree with this. For as bad as the last two seasons have been the likes of Thomson and Benedictus have been good players for us and deserve a bit of respect if it's to be their last appearance for us.

There are also others such as Hendry who are not to blame for this and the likes of Court who gives his all.

None of the above deserved to be booed. Those who clapped weren't necessarily clapping all the players and those who booed weren't necessarily booing all the players.

At least the players just didn't bolt right down the tunnel like their manager.

Bump ya ignoramuses

No fussed who goes up. Not seen dumbarton play. Alloa look like a decent side hitting form at the right time. I’n sure all raith fans on here will be firmly focused on what is going on at our club, rather than care who goes up or down now.

If we are having a clear out at player level, i would say smith, thomson and mchattie have to go. Who we would get into replace them would be the issue. Davidson can stay after this season. We would need a manager though that gets the ball on the ground to play, we had the midfield and strikers that would have won us the league playing that way.

No fussed who goes up. Not seen dumbarton play. Alloa look like a decent side hitting form at the right time. I’m sure all raith fans on here will be firmly focused on what is going on at our club, rather than care who goes up or down now

I hope Alloa go up - sick of them, frankly! 

I stand corrected

Criticising Smith for not walking is ridiculous. He was offered a 2 year deal presumably with the thought in mind that if some other club came in for him, Raith would get some compensation. So it's extra security for the club in one sense and extra security for Smith in another. If Raith had won the league by 20 points and a bigger club had come in for Smith, would the Raith fans be saying the club should do the decent thing and tare up his contract? Would they f**k.

Well worth noting that on a day where we needed goals, Barry Smith didn’t put the striker he’s played most this season on the park at all. As recently as Wednesday, Smith saw fit to start Buchanan too. By Saturday he’s fifth choice.

One of a number of genuine headscratchers. All over the place with his selections in the second half of this season.

"With no chairman now in place, and owner John Sim currently out the country, the club is effectively rudderless, although the Press understands a board meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, where important discussions over the club's future will take place."

https://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/football/raith-rovers/chairman-resigns-manager-future-uncertain-after-raith-play-off-exit-1-4735446

Smith will be sacked on Tuesday then. I think his position is untenable we’ve been rank rotten away from home and some of our play has been dreadful. I’d like to see a clear out of quite a few players who’s contracts are up as very few have impressed these last two years. Bobby Barr should be the first out the door I hope his contract is up. I doubt Benedictus will stay for another season in this league.

Glad our chairman has walked the last 3 managerial appointments have been woeful but Gary Locke was inexcusable, every fan in Scotland knows he’s utter shite except our board. Our season was destroyed when we sold Ross Callachan for a lot less than losing the league will cost us. We looked good until he left and then we were never the same team without him.

1 minute ago, Scary Bear said:

Yep but on Monday the reality sinks in that we’re stuck in League 1 for at least one more season.

Also that we threw away the league on the last game of the season.

I'm sure that someone with a pointy thing could identify a few other occasions.

Just now, Scary Bear said:

Yep but on Monday the reality sinks in that we’re stuck in League 1 for at least one more season.

Also that we threw away the league on the last game of the season.

I’m at the point where I don’t think it really makes much difference.  If this squad had squeaked the league we’d be in for a long hard season in the Championship with Smith avoiding relegation.  At least now we’ll have a new manager, a new squad, more wins and a pop at promotion again. Yeah the crowds and finances are shit down in League One but we can’t afford the Championship either. 

1 minute ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

Ok so this talk about "it's real life" if I played and for that bad at my job in be sacked. End off. Calm down. Goodnight!

Losing that job as an English teacher must still sting.

At a club like Raith it very much is the real world.

I read an article with your player Thomson and he said everyone is fighting for their futures at the club. He’s spot on. Those guys won’t be on grand wages and will have bills to pay.

Now that Raith are staying down most of them will be released which means they’ll have no income. You’d be gutted if you lost your job.

Now some of them will pick up new clubs but if you’ve had a crap season you could be waiting awhile for a new club to pick you up.

5 minutes ago, somerset_lad said:

At a club like Raith it very much is the real world.

I read an article with your player Thomson and he said everyone is fighting for their futures at the club. He’s spot on. Those guys won’t be on grand wages and will have bills to pay.

Now that Raith are staying down most of them will be released which means they’ll have no income. You’d be gutted if you lost your job.

Now some of them will pick up new clubs but if you’ve had a crap season you could be waiting awhile for a new club to pick you up.

Some of that is on the players though. If they only wanted to sign for a year, and had been offered two, in hope they have a good season and be picked up by a bigger club, or get a wage increase, then that's the chance they take. Either the club or the player is going to end up in the lurch. depending on how they perform.