The New Raith Rovers Thread

Hans-totally inappropriate and unjustified regarding your “idiot’ comment. Have a look in the mirror pal. He may not be your choice of manager but you should be showing the man a bit of respect.

Why? I take it the same rules should be applied to all the people who lambasted Barry Smith? Didn't see much respect on here for him?

Difference between criticising a manager in a footballing sense and resorting to personal insults. Especially with someone like Cuthbert who seems a really nice guy, just out of his depth. 

Seems like he's a lovely chap based on his idiotic interviews, tactics, team selection and recent results.

Seems like he's a lovely chap based on his idiotic interviews, tactics, team selection and recent results.

His tactics, team selection and recent results?!

Are you having a laugh? :lol:

You’ve been sticking up for Barry Smith for months despite him not having a clue about tactics, sticking to one formation that failed for us last season and His away results have been ridiculous as well over the last year 14 months.

You’ve been sticking up for Barry Smith for months despite him not having a clue about tactics, sticking to one formation that failed for us last season and His away results have been ridiculous as well over the last year 14 months.

Eric > Martin > Barry???

Barry Smiths tactics and team selection had us a post width away from winning a league where we were the second strongest team. It also got him one of, if not the best record of results in one season a Raith manager has ever had. Kevin Cuthbert played the joint top goals scorer in the whole of Scotland at right wing back, dropped a centre back who featured in the SPFL team of the week and has clearly just read the book of managerial interview cliches before sitting down to bore us all with his usual patter about his demands for the team and showing Montrose the ultimate respect so we can go out and beat them. Out of his depth is an understatement.

I'd also like to point out that whilst Barry Smiths tactics and our style of football was so heavily criticised last season and this season, Kevin Cuthbert has had a coaching role at the club throughout that period. Perhaps he's escaped a bit too lightly from the boo boys who hounded out Smith.

So what you’re saying is his tactics and team selection failed last season? I’m glad we agree! [emoji1360]

He failed to win the league, he failed to win the playoffs. I'm not going to deny that he should have shouldered some of the responsibility for this but our league win/unbeaten statistics under him with his tactics show that maybe they weren't as bad as some would like to make out on here.

My point still stands that Cuthbert comes accords as an idiot in his interviews.

In between his football cliches I did notice he was being very cuddly with his opposite number Petrie. Full of praise and admiration for the Montrose manager before the game. Might be getting his brownie points in early for his new gaffer?

30 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

He failed to win the league, he failed to win the playoffs. I'm not going to deny that he should have shouldered some of the responsibility for this but our league win/unbeaten statistics under him with his tactics show that maybe they weren't as bad as some would like to make out on here.

My point still stands that Cuthbert comes accords as an idiot in his interviews.

In between his football cliches I did notice he was being very cuddly with his opposite number Petrie. Full of praise and admiration for the Montrose manager before the game. Might be getting his brownie points in early for his new gaffer?

I find myself agreeing with you on some points especially Barry smith but idiot is a bit strong about Cuthbert, I like him, his passion for his job,for telling yogi where to go BUT he isn't ready to be our manager,too much pressure to be promoted this season. Petrie yeah why not, gained promotion so willing to give him my backing even if he is a townie c#%t lol

Barry Smiths tactics and team selection had us a post width away from winning a league where we were the second strongest team.

Maybe if his tactics and team selections had gotten us better than a 39% win rate away from home in the league then you wouldn’t have to keep going on about the width of a post stopping us getting promoted.