The New Raith Rovers Thread

53 minutes ago, Leggy Blonde said:

We're all anxious to know obviously, but the club probably wont make a statement until Lewis has had a scan and the results are known for sure. 

Just got to cross all our fingers and hope for the best. 

With you going private it might be different, but it takes a bit of time fully confirm an ACL through an MRI. 

You need to let the swelling go down to take the MRI, that'd about 24-48 hours, then you need to get the results of the MRI.. 

I remember when Zouma? Done his though they done the surgery so quickly, helps with the rehab because you don't lose the muscle in the leg so much. 

A physio will be able to tell within seconds if it's likely to be your acl though, there's a couple of tests, horrible feeling. 

I had a recurrence of a knee injury last year and it absolutely buggered my confidence etc.  I'm similar to Vaughan in that I've has injuries on both knees, and I'll never even play 5s or golf again as even that has set it off.

To have gone through what he has and have had the confidence to get back on the horse is insane.  I really hope this isn't true or isn't as bad rumoured,  not ashamed to say that it would genuinely be upsetting.

Been thinking back to his goal against Dunfermline last season in the 5-1. It was like a double celebration. Going mental in the house when we scored to go back in front at 2-1 and then quickly realising it was Lewis who’d scored and just the extra joy I felt after all he’d been through. What a moment. 

Genuinely hope these rumours aren’t true. Rivalry between our clubs aside, this is a young man’s career that’s on the line. On his day, Lewis Vaughan could walk into most top flight sides. If it wasn’t for injuries, he’d have had a big move by now. Despite all these injuries, he keeps coming back and performing at a higher standard than other players at this level and that is admirable - says a lot for his determination and mental strength.

If indeed something has happened at training, I sincerely hope it is not as bad as feared above. I keep hoping for the lad’s sake that he can overcome all these issues and prove his fitness, in order to get a move to the top flight/down south and test himself at a higher level, where he deserves to be.

Was hoping this was a joke. If true then sadly it could be the end for Lewis. A talent we’ll likely never see again at Starks. Hopefully the others will step up to the plate. He is our best player, if I may be so bold. A legend. 

15 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Nicky Low had a recurring issue in his groin. Lewis Vaughan has (rumoured to) have suffered a fourth ACL injury. Dropping into part time football isn't going to help him if it's an issue which crops up. If it is true, then it's an absolute tragedy of a situation. When you look at how the likes of Shankland and Nisbet have both gone on to get Scotland caps, I've zero doubt that Vaughan could've gone on to have a career at a far higher level than ourselves were it not for the injuries he's suffered. The lad is an utter maestro with the ball at his feet. 

Match day four of the Cinch and we've had a 4-0 win turn into a 4-4 draw, an away loss to Inverness, a Derby which has been abandoned due to a power outage which made us look complete diddies, and a postponement due to our opponents having a COVID outbreak. Now we're chucking in this to the mix. I like the management and I like the squad we've got. I've got very little complaints about how the club is being run at the moment. But you really do have a frustrating feeling that this season can get in the bin already. We really need something to lift us up at the moment. 

If I could double greenie that I would. You’ve summed up every Rovers fans feelings on the matter. 

16 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Nicky Low had a recurring issue in his groin. Lewis Vaughan has (rumoured to) have suffered a fourth ACL injury. Dropping into part time football isn't going to help him if it's an issue which crops up. If it is true, then it's an absolute tragedy of a situation. When you look at how the likes of Shankland and Nisbet have both gone on to get Scotland caps, I've zero doubt that Vaughan could've gone on to have a career at a far higher level than ourselves were it not for the injuries he's suffered. The lad is an utter maestro with the ball at his feet. 

Match day four of the Cinch and we've had a 4-0 win turn into a 4-4 draw, an away loss to Inverness, a Derby which has been abandoned due to a power outage which made us look complete diddies, and a postponement due to our opponents having a COVID outbreak. Now we're chucking in this to the mix. I like the management and I like the squad we've got. I've got very little complaints about how the club is being run at the moment. But you really do have a frustrating feeling that this season can get in the bin already. We really need something to lift us up at the moment. 

We’re gonna beat Celtic aren’t we? Willem Dafoe Smile GIF

f**k it the League Cup is ours…again. 😂😬

Edited by Wardy

13 hours ago, CALDERON said:

I had a recurrence of a knee injury last year and it absolutely buggered my confidence etc.  I'm similar to Vaughan in that I've has injuries on both knees, and I'll never even play 5s or golf again as even that has set it off.

To have gone through what he has and have had the confidence to get back on the horse is insane.  I really hope this isn't true or isn't as bad rumoured,  not ashamed to say that it would genuinely be upsetting.

I think I remember talking to you on here after the 2nd(?) time it happened.  As another member of the ACL/Meniscus surgery club, I have nothing but good thoughts and wishes for the lad.  An absolute warrior to have already came back 3 times, I genuinely wish him nothing but the best.

Really hoping this is like the Hendry injury in our last season in L1 where the news broke on here first, seemed like he was going to be out for months and then it turned out it wasn't as bad as feared and he was back training 6 weeks or so later.

Anything other than another ACL injury for the lad.  

I was hoping to read on here today that our fears were unwarranted, alas with no-one denying or confirming the rumour , it would appear that the he's had some kind of injury,we can only hope now that its nothing as serious as another ACL

Speedy recovery to the lad whatever the problem is