The New Raith Rovers Thread

MacDonald was a good shot stopper but was glued to his line for corners, didn't command his box and his kicking was horrendous at times. Majority of keepers have those weaknesses, especially at this level. Big Kev has similar strengths and weaknesses to MacDonald but is young and will improve. If he was good at everything he wouldn't be playing lower league Scottish football. 

Every player at this level has some noticeable flaw. Big Kev is unfortunate in that as a goalkeeper it's far more noticeable but also that we've been blessed with three exceptionally good goalkeepers at this level for the best part of the last decade in McGurn, Cuthbert and MacDonald. Even Cuthbert got a lot of stick during his first season for always trying to save with his feet.

I've got faith he'll come good. While criticism is fair, it won't help anyone if you've random folk on social media calling for him to get replaced after we lose a grand total of one game. 

On 22/08/2023 at 21:17, TxRover said:

IM specifically addressed in his post match interview that Big Kev was unable to come out due to a couple of players physically blocking him back on his line. I suspect that some focus will result in finding ways to beat that.

If you watch the replay the goalie and defender push the attacker out way soon as ball kicked, for sure he could have came for it.. but didnt.. 

That aside, he generally does not fill me with confidence like other keepers have who were more solid than not.

So who is playing left back Saturday ?

6 minutes ago, R12ATH said:

If you watch the replay the goalie and defender push the attacker out way soon as ball kicked, for sure he could have came for it.. but didnt.. 

That aside, he generally does not fill me with confidence like other keepers have who were more solid than not.

So who is playing left back Saturday ?

Scott McGill, probably.

45 minutes ago, georgeb25354 said:

As far as I can see, Pars TV is only offering audio even for overseas subscribers. Anyone got any information on where to get video?

I believe ParsTV are doing video internationally going by their Twitter. RaithTV are doing international video streaming to their subscribers (not UK).

Think big Kev has been reading our posts. Best game he's had so far. I know it was offside but what a save he made in the 2nd half and he was coming for crosses, haven't a clue what he was trying to do with that one in the first half though, Byrne gave him a roasting and told him to catch the ball. 

On the game itself, the defence were superb today, McGill was MOM for me.

The defence will deservedly get a lot of credit today, but Scott Brown is up there with the best signings we have made in the past decade.  We've been crying out for a genuine leader in the middle of the park like that for years. 

26 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Connor Smith in the away end today. Although given we have about 500 options in his position, it’s safe to assume he was just along supporting his brother rather than anything more to it.

Aye, they're both local so it'll just have been along to watch his brother. He was at the Kelty v Accies game recently and in with the Accies fans, and then less than a week later turned down a loan to go back to them.