The New Raith Rovers Thread

18 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Where's the pie chart for him? 

Can't use my laptop just now, but this is one i made during the winter break.

1_B4NLau6dF_FqETROHn6DEw.thumb.webp.11a2f01183c77f630d5c744e9cbfe0c0.webp

Ruaridh Kilgour looking for any old footage people may have, especially before the 90s. I know Daniel Elder has a fantastic archive of them in seasons order as well on youtube. But if anyone fancies digging out old footage they may have. IMG_4108.thumb.jpeg.8a6958e798fbbfd9b8102eab92fe6752.jpeg

Edited by buchan30

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye. RB in a back 4, at Championship level, is about right for him.

Twitter etc., will be filled with Saints fans celebrating this and proclaiming him one of our worst players, but he as mentioned above he was played constantly in positions that just highlighted his weaknesses. Hes not a great attacking player and can be caught dreaming in defence, so RWB was a nightmare as he'd do nothing on the ball then leave space behind him due to high positioning. RB in a back 4 should negate most of that.

His confidence is done though, hes made a goal costing error virtually every league game hes played this season and that follows a poor season last year too. He might need games to build that up again. 

1 question unlike our other full backs can he stop a cross coming into the box? If so he’ll do 

Just now, RRFC_Liam said:

1 question unlike our other full backs can he stop a cross coming into the box? If so he’ll do 

Not really, but its hard to know if it was him or us, as no matter who plays wing back for us they just lazily saunter out to the crosser far too late.

17 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

Ruaridh Kilgour looking for any old footage people may have, especially before the 90s. I know Daniel Elder has a fantastic archive of them in seasons order as well on youtube. But if anyone fancies digging out old footage they may have. IMG_4108.thumb.jpeg.8a6958e798fbbfd9b8102eab92fe6752.jpeg

For anyone who hasn't seen it

Tony Rougier at the back post in Munich... you really wonder what could have happened if it went in.

I didn't appreciate that team and that run for what it was at the time. I was in 1st or 2nd year at High School and we all just thought that it would become the norm. Some great people at the club back then.

14 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Hibs confirmed for Vaughan's testimonial. Wednesday 20 March. 

I really, really hope he gets a big crowd for this. Nobody deserves it more. 

Hibs will bring through a decent crowd unless the weather is rancid.  Just hopeful for a better game of football than we got from them for Davo’s testimonial.  First half was pretty enjoyable but the second half was shockingly cynical football in a friendly match by Hibs. All they did was foul us anytime we attacked knowing the referee wouldn’t book them, utterly ruined a game where the score didn’t matter. Jack Ross must have been the first manager ever to not realise a testimonial is literally a kick about. 

On 02/02/2024 at 23:27, North West said:

Goodwille Gate: Reorganise.

Some semblance of order, new investment.

A new revitalised club, and team. Fair play.

But, your wankish social media had digs at us, rather than concentrating on pushing the positives of your success so far this season. Smacks horrendously of a wee team mentality.

Maybe you can ask that self confessed 'media personality' Blair McNally to offer some fund raising advice when you get relegated in a couple of seasons.

1000010029-01.jpeg

What a terrible shame.  

1 hour ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Has there been a fallout between Millen and the Gaffer?? , someone on facebook says they've heard a rumour,  probably a load of tosh 

Would make sense as to why they signed another RB

4 hours ago, mrraith71 said:

Would make sense as to why they signed another RB

Heard similar but Matthews opposed to Millen.

Utterly criminal to watch all these losses on the spin, us have a black hole in the middle of the park and Matthews can’t get any more than the odd 2 minutes. 

30 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Heard similar but Matthews opposed to Millen.

Utterly criminal to watch all these losses on the spin, us have a black hole in the middle of the park and Matthews can’t get any more than the odd 2 minutes. 

Sounds like the team are falling apart. Maybe the recent form has more to do with the dressing room and management