The New Raith Rovers Thread

32 minutes ago, North West said:

Absolute cringe factor through the roof of your old rickety L-shippit staund.

1000010185-01.jpeg

The pars slayer returns, be very afraid .........

....agree with you though, totally cringeworthy, pity given the excellent social media recently.

42 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Announcing the singing section trial for an area in the south stand after almost all the tickets have been sold for the stand is an interesting move. 

There were a couple of fans groups posting on Twitter last week this is where they planned to relocate for this game so not sure why it's taken club so long to mention it. 

6 hours ago, TxRover said:

Just noticed they put Brown in the "2" shirt...hummmm.

Pretty sure Millen was quoted that he preferred the number 4 jersey when he signed. Nothing in it at all whatsoever.  

Edited by Wardy

13 hours ago, North West said:

Absolute cringe factor through the roof of your old rickety L-shippit staund.

1000010185-01.jpeg

Interesting! Cringeworthy as it definitely is, I I were you I'd be far, far more concerned with what is happening within the bowels and outhouses of power in thon stand on the Halbeath Rd. 

This push for a Singing section feels like a bit of a distraction. No one was complaining about the atmosphere when winning earlier in the season. If the performance is there on the pitch the atmosphere at Stark’s is fine. It’ll be the same tomorrow night. If we do well whole stand will be bouncing, if we don’t then the singing section will probably be as quiet as it was against Airdrie. 

15 minutes ago, FitbaSupporter said:

This push for a Singing section feels like a bit of a distraction. No one was complaining about the atmosphere when winning earlier in the season. If the performance is there on the pitch the atmosphere at Stark’s is fine. It’ll be the same tomorrow night. If we do well whole stand will be bouncing, if we don’t then the singing section will probably be as quiet as it was against Airdrie. 

I disagree, I think the atmosphere at Starks has always been pretty flat except in the bigger games. Tomorrow will take care of itself but against teams like Morton, even when we were winning, it was always dull. A singing section/better atmosphere won’t fix performances in itself but it’ll definitely lend a hand!

The atmosphere was good in small patches in earlier games this season ... but the last home game I remember having a good atmosphere overall was the Well cup game.

A consequence of increased crowds is that the South stand is fuller. Traditionally those wanting to get an atmosphere going would head up the back.. but with less space free, and more young folk wanting to get involved, it's becoming more difficult to accomodate this without overcrowding/upsetting other fans. The atmosphere imo has definitely suffered a bit.

The pars home game in the league was dire atmosphere wise compared to previous derbies.

Im confident the BOD want to make the matchday experience as positive for every fan... be they the singers, or the guy taking young kids who doesn't want to be in an overcrowded area with potentially overcrowding/standing/swearing.

I reckon before the season tickets go on sale next season they will have an a singing section up a side or at the back/front that will help ensure everyone is happy and gets the matchday experience they want.

@FitbaSupporter You are right that what happens on the pitch also has an impact. You could see the enthisiasm drain from the young lads as the Airdrie game went on.

40 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

I disagree, I think the atmosphere at Starks has always been pretty flat except in the bigger games. Tomorrow will take care of itself but against teams like Morton, even when we were winning, it was always dull. A singing section/better atmosphere won’t fix performances in itself but it’ll definitely lend a hand!

The home atmosphere is not a patch on away games but it’s the same at every club. More moaners at home games. Being up the back should help but a flat performance tomorrow and it could go quiet like it did against Airdrie.

3 minutes ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

I reckon before the season tickets go on sale next season they will have an a singing section up a side or at the back/front that will help ensure everyone is happy and gets the matchday experience they want.

This is the way to go. And to be fair to the BOD this is what they tried at the start of this season, probably just made the wrong call with the Railway Stand but that’s easy to say with hindsight.

Think other clubs were it works the young team has more of an identity. They have a name and seem to be organised, have banners and the like. Don’t think it’s that organised at RRFC.