The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 hours ago, Langtounlaud said:

I just hope the Ayr hammer-throwers don't try and injure our best players this time. The rest of the league should have thanked them for half killing Stanton. That was when our bad run started. 

Pleasing.

McGinty was rightfully sent off for a stupid "tackle" on the half way line. There really wasn't anything else.

Stanton simply fell awkwardly after jumping for a header.

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

Friday was Murray's best use of subs for a long time, perhaps even for the season. He swapped like for like kept the shape didn't go daft at the back and it really paid off. Connolly and Easton went for DU down the sides and we just got the ball further up the park. 

It's a great philosophy to have finish the match as strongly as we start it, the issue being getting players who are desperate to play to buy into it when they are on the bench. 

We just looked hungrier and seemed more of a team on Friday than we have for weeks. 

I wonder how Millengate has affected the team? 

Not sure if Brown was having a dig at a player or 2 during his interview saying how he was gutted to be on the bench but came on with the right attitude 

13 minutes ago, AUcal said:

Pleasing.

McGinty was rightfully sent off for a stupid "tackle" on the half way line. There really wasn't anything else.

Stanton simply fell awkwardly after jumping for a header.

I'm just still bitter about us scoring 4 goals at home against 10 men and not coming away with 3 points 😏

We just fell apart when Stanton went off and didn't recover until Friday there when, coincidentally, Stanton came back into the team. Hopefully that's galvanised us and the fire and passion is back 

1 minute ago, Langtounlaud said:

I'm just still bitter about us scoring 4 goals at home against 10 men and not coming away with 3 points 😏

We just fell apart when Stanton went off and didn't recover until Friday there when, coincidentally, Stanton came back into the team. Hopefully that's galvanised us and the fire and passion is back 

I'm still bitter about scoring 4 away from home and somehow not winning.

Nightmares about Bullen inexplicably taking Amartey, Chalmers and Dowds off while they were still causing chaos.

6 minutes ago, AUcal said:

Nightmares about Bullen inexplicably taking Amartey, Chalmers and Dowds off while they were still causing chaos.

Well I, and those of us with a Raith persuasion, are glad he did as they were ripping us a new one.

Hopefully we've learned from that and come away with the 3 points 😄

45 minutes ago, Langtounlaud said:

Well I, and those of us with a Raith persuasion, are glad he did as they were ripping us a new one.

Hopefully we've learned from that and come away with the 3 points 😄

At least with Watson and Brown at least we won’t have defenders scared to put a foot in, just play big Jack at the back as well he loves a slide tackle 

Few things Inside Matchday made me recall. Its a quality bit of content from start to finish, really well done.

Sibbalds lunge at Smith was a shocker, but at the same time a break stopping tactical foul. Deserved a yellow.

Kai Fotheringham has come on leaps and bounds, when he was with us, he was brittle. 

12 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Few things Inside Matchday made me recall. Its a quality bit of content from start to finish, really well done.

Sibbalds lunge at Smith was a shocker, but at the same time a break stopping tactical foul. Deserved a yellow.

Kai Fotheringham has come on leaps and bounds, when he was with us, he was brittle. 

Did fotheringham not only play 2/3 times for us before getting injured then sent back? Definitely impressed when iv seen him this season for the most part. 

8 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Did fotheringham not only play 2/3 times for us before getting injured then sent back? Definitely impressed when iv seen him this season for the most part. 

Certainly wasn't with us long before he damaged his ankle. Lasting memory was him rounding the keeper against Hamilton and putting it over, we went on to draw 4-4 

Fotheringham was a young, lightweight player with us, and now he’s an entirely different dimension. It’s quite shocking because you “remember” one player and something totally different confronts you.

I'm sure if you asked Dumbarton or Ayr fans about Kevin Nisbet, they'd have told you he was a useless forward. The same goes for Ryan Hardie at St Mirren. 

I wasn't impressed by Fotheringham in his very short loan with us, but he clearly gained a lot of confidence with Stirling and kicked on from that.

Had you told me a couple of seasons ago he'd be well ahead of Ethan Ross in terms of Scottish football, I'd have laughed in your face. 

37 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I'm sure if you asked Dumbarton or Ayr fans about Kevin Nisbet, they'd have told you he was a useless forward. The same goes for Ryan Hardie at St Mirren. 

I wasn't impressed by Fotheringham in his very short loan with us, but he clearly gained a lot of confidence with Stirling and kicked on from that.

Had you told me a couple of seasons ago he'd be well ahead of Ethan Ross in terms of Scottish football, I'd have laughed in your face. 

In exactly the same way as most Rovers fans would have scoffed at the prospect of Jordan Thompson commanding six figure transfer fees in the English Championship.

There is probably a sizeable number of St Mirren and Morton fans who were pretty meh about Lawrence Shankland when they had him on loan.

Edited by Specky Ginger

9 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Doing fantastic at Millwall 😂😂 mind if you have any other ex players that you didn’t  rate like Connolly, Callum smith, Shaun Byrne then send them along the A92 😉

All 3 were pretty decent at the Pars to be fair. Connolly hardly got a sniff but looked a wee bit lightweight if I remember rightly. Callum Smith got chucked in at the start of the 17/18 season and did really well scoring against Inverness on his debut but he got loaned out once Nicky Clark was fit and never got a look in after that sadly. Shaun Byrne is a completely different player to the one we had the year we won League 1. He's way more physical whilst retaining his ability to use the ball well.

I can't seem to remember dismissing any of them as "duds" though unlike someone I know fairly well........😃

Edited by da_no_1

11 hours ago, TxRover said:

Fotheringham was a young, lightweight player with us, and now he’s an entirely different dimension. It’s quite shocking because you “remember” one player and something totally different confronts you.

All I remember was him hitting the bar when a cut back and tap in was available, and then fourteen seconds later the bottle job from 4-0 up was complete. 

That's enough to sour your impression of any player. 

14 hours ago, TxRover said:

Craig Wighton was pish with us when he was on loan from Dundee and now he’s…………….even worse