The New Raith Rovers Thread

FIXTURES Q&A WITH SPFL CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER CALUM BEATTIE

It would seem this twat thinks Dunfermline v Falkirk is a derby

When are the derby matches in 2024/25?
The traditional derby games will again take place over the festive period. Sky Sports will show Heart of Midlothian v Hibernian on Thursday December 26 plus Rangers v Celtic and Dundee v Dundee United on Thursday January 2. The first meeting of Celtic and Rangers in 2024/25 is scheduled for the weekend of August 31/September 1 with the first Edinburgh derby set for Easter Road on the weekend of October 26/27. The opening 
weekend of the new season sees the Dundee derby at Tannadice, live on Sky Sports, while Dunfermline Athletic v Falkirk is one to look out for on the second weekend of the William Hill Championship. The festive derby matches across the William Hill Championship, League 1 and League 2 will take place on Saturday December 28.

1 hour ago, Rovers_Lad said:

The traditional derby games will again take place over the festive period. Sky Sports will show Heart of Midlothian v Hibernian on Thursday December 26 plus Rangers v Celtic and Dundee v Dundee United on Thursday January 2. The first meeting of Celtic and Rangers in 2024/25 is scheduled for the weekend of August 31/September 1 with the first Edinburgh derby set for Easter Road on the weekend of October 26/27. The opening 
weekend of the new season sees the Dundee derby at Tannadice, live on Sky Sports, while Dunfermline Athletic v Falkirk is one to look out for on the second weekend of the William Hill Championship. The festive derby matches across the William Hill Championship, League 1 and League 2 will take place on Saturday December 28.

As I predicted, the SPFL would change our “derby” away from the Pars…and onto Livi…sigh.

34 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

The fixture computer is just like it's SPFL employer. It only cares about 2 clubs. Or is certainly programmed to benefit only 2.

Given who's in charge up here, i'd be surprised if the fixture computer wasn't an actual SPFL employee and a trial version of excel. 

19 minutes ago, North West said:

Once we've taken care of the wee team, we'll deal with the other big team in the league Falkirk.

So far you've weakened your already poor side by selling Edwards and signing Ngwenya. At the same time we've strengthened our defence, Partick have made some decent signings, so have Ayr and Falkirk will do well this season. I wish you all the best, however, McPake will be out on his arse by Christmas and you'll be facing a long tough season.

15 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Cant blame them, surely it makes sense to put a much bigger rivalry in that slot?

Can't say I'm overly fussed which dates the games v Pars and Falkirk are on and the debate over which is the bigger derby is a fairly pedantic one. Main aim for me is that we are above both at the end of the season :)

Looking forward to the pre season getting underway. Unsure if I'll get to Bayview this weekend but should be able to watch us v ICT next week. 

17 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

1 hour ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Cant blame them, surely it makes sense to put a much bigger rivalry in that slot?

So which is it, a derby or a rivalry?

I'll be honest....I don't really care that much bout when we play each team.  We play them all 4 times anyway.  I did have a moan on twitter about no new year derby  but it was just an initial reaction and I'm not bothered really.

The main thing is that football Saturday's are back tomorrow after a long long summer (ok it's only been 5weeks for us and the weather's been pish so it didn't actually feel like summer).