The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Beachbum said:

He's not. 

I believe he suffered a stroke a year or two ago and gets confused very easily as a result. 

You can see that in his writing and thought processes. 

Put him on ignore if it bothers you but stop calling him names or ridiculing him. 

yes i did 2 in fact but to the morons on here it means nothing. however one day some of them will suffer the same and then it will be their turn if they live through it

58 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Please let today be the day, if only to stop the bedwetting here.

Going by Barrowman's replies to fans on twitter last night wouldn't hold your breath for any announcement being imminent. 

I'm not that fussed, I would rather they took time to get the right guy than rushed into a panic appointment. Their plan A may not have come to pass but that doesn't mean we have to settle for something that doesn't fit the club just because a few fans on P&B are getting cranky.

The team are in decent hands with Potter and Mickey in the interim and there is no game this weekend so I don't think they'll be under pressure to conclude and announce anything today.

I'd rather they got it right than did it quick.

1 minute ago, Double Jack D said:

I'm not that fussed, I would rather they took time to get the right guy than rushed into a panic appointment. Their plan A may not have come to pass but that doesn't mean we have to settle for something that doesn't fit the club just because a few fans on P&B are getting cranky.

The team are in decent hands with Potter and Mickey in the interim and there is no game this weekend so I don't think they'll be under pressure to conclude and announce anything today.

agreed good post

1 hour ago, Varna Rover said:

yes i did 2 in fact but to the morons on here it means nothing. however one day some of them will suffer the same and then it will be their turn if they live through it

SORRY TO HEAR THAT...ALL THE BEST

1 hour ago, Double Jack D said:

We also only play two more league games (Ayr away and Livi at home) from now until the Fife Derby approximately one month from today. I know we want to add to the squad and would want a manager to have a say in this, but the ground work can be done with the current structure in place (although not having a manager in post will make it harder to convince players this is the place to come, as players/clubs loaning players will want to know who they will be working with). In sum, better to take time and get it right than rush and have a mare. 

It's the lack of recruitment linked to the lack of manager that bothers me... there's a big vacuum just now and the dogs on the street know we need reinforcements 

2 minutes ago, bagpuss said:

It's the lack of recruitment linked to the lack of manager that bothers me... there's a big vacuum just now and the dogs on the street know we need reinforcements 

Do we though? We've got Vaughan, Hanlon and Brown all expected to be back for next week. Those three would get into any team in the league when fit. 

The club have made it clear recruitment is ongoing despite the change. It might be we've just not found the right personnel yet.

Edited by Broken Algorithms

2 minutes ago, bagpuss said:

Totally agree. I know they've said Potter is still tracking new signings but surely that has to be done on conjunction with a new manager.  We lack in attack, we lack pace and probably a right back.

I've heard Fordyce and Hamilton are out for several weeks.

14 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Agree it's not really an issue, you were never going to have a manager in for the Partick game (and even if you did they wouldn't have had time to make any impact) and you'll have one by the next league game. It's not uncommon for mid-season sackings to result in caretakers being in charge for a few games if it hits a busy part of the season with midweek games, whereas Raith will only have been without a manager for one game. Plus, for all their flaws, Cameron and Potter are experienced former managers, it's not like you're asking the Under 18s coach to step up and manage at a level he knows nothing about.

I'd say the frustration is mainly a result of Barrowman going in a bit heavy with his comments. He understandably wanted to give the impression that everything was in hand, but he basically gave the impression that they had options lined up ready to come in pretty much straight away. The fact they haven't means fans will obviously assume (rightly or wrongly) they've been turned down by preferred candidates and are now going down the list. Of course if Barrowman had said 'we're going to take our time and invite applications' he'd probably have got criticism for sacking Murray without a plan, so either way he probably couldn't win. If there's no manager by the middle of next week I could understand the worry, I don't see that being the case though.

I agree Man.  What a rare pleasure to see some common sense written down.

I would add however, Barrowman's convincing rhetoric that Murrays sacking was apparently part of a "well thought out plan", doesn't seem so convincing now eh?

Although I absolutely agree that taking time to get the right man is the proper thing to do, I believe the longer we take to announce a manager, just  points out the board were not at all ready or prepared for the aftermath of their decision. Or worse.  They had a plan that did not work, and that leaves them scrambling around looking for an alternative, and that points to the fact they did not have a plan B.  Or worse.  Plan B also failed, and that means ............  I could go on but I'm sure you already get my point.

Having said all that we really cannot afford to make the wrong appointment at this time, because then the brown stuff will really hit the whirly thing!

Or…. And hear me out on this…. it just takes time to agree a time for an interview and give the candidate time to prepare, then even if that first candidate is deemed suitable (and he wants to join us) it takes time to agree personal compensation with him, and since we know he’s in a job elsewhere it takes more time to agree compensation with the club he’s leaving etc. 

I think the folk who expected us to announce a new manager within a matter of days were being extremely naive. 

Just because nothing is announced yet doesn’t necessarily mean that we don’t have a clue who we want, or our first 3 choices have turned us down. 
Anything that involves legal negotiation takes time. 

14 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Totally agree. I know they've said Potter is still tracking new signings but surely that has to be done on conjunction with a new manager.  We lack in attack, we lack pace and probably a right back.

I've heard Fordyce and Hamilton are out for several weeks.

Not really, if somebody becomes available who's an obvious upgrade to the team I'd imagine we'd still go for them.  If Megwa becomes available for example. ignoring that it's more likely he'd go to Airdrie, I'd fully expect us to go for him as it's a no brainer signing.

As long as we're not spunking the entire budget on players before the new manager comes in or making random signings that aren't an obvious upgrade on what we already have then it's not really an issue.

Edited by SanStarko

8 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Do we though? We've got Vaughan, Hanlon and Brown all expected to be back for next week. Those three would get into any team in the league when fit. 

The club have made it clear recruitment is ongoing despite the change. It might be we've just not found the right personnel yet.

C'Mon Broken Algorithms.  What player in his right mind is gonna sign for us when he doesn't know who his Manager is going to be.  We are also seen as a bit of a strange bunch right now.  The perception, in pretty much the whole of Scottish Football right now (rightly or wrongly) is that we have sacked a Manager who achieved second place by a country mile in the league last season, and  got us to within 120 minutes of promotion, and we have sacked him after only one league game this season?  Is this really the sort of outfit you would want to play for and be employed by?  I think we could struggle to attract good players to our club under this perception/misperception!

i think were missing the point here.we were told the club hopes to make a statement by Friday.if they are not in a position to do so then out of common courtesy surely an update can be given