The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Scottydog said:

So here's a new one,  Barrow and Mckenzie will jump ship to Eastend.

Discuss🤔

They'd have to have really, really deep pockets to walk away from us and hope someone bought their shares,  and takeover at debt ridden Dunfermline, of course they couldn't anyway as it would be contrary to SFA regulations

Just now, SirJimmyofNic said:

They'd have to have really, really deep pockets to walk away from us and hope someone bought their shares,  and takeover at debt ridden Dunfermline, of course they couldn't anyway as it would be contrary to SFA regulations

It's debt ridden Doonfermline.

Just now, CrossgatesCynic said:

A bit of chat I got from a Dunfermline supporting mate yesterday was that McKenzie et al were interested in a stake in Dunfermline originally.

I put it down to soor plums. 

I did notice someone post on their thread yesterday saying something similar 

8 minutes ago, ZeDav said:

Edgar davids spotted in Morrisons buying a meal deal. Think he’s signing his contract this afternoon 

What meal deal combo did he go for?

My thoughts on this are, Barrowman may have fealt like he needed to say certain things last week when he said they hoped to have it done in a few days,

I suspect they thought Mcabe Brown or Courts would Jump at at he Raith job but the reality is they all seem settled. 

The next issue will be that the list of remaining candidates is utter dross and they are all getting ridiculed on social media which Barrowman will be reading. 

I honestly dont see a new manager in place before the Ayr game or even the livi game, a good few interviews have all brought up the same phrases, "Nothing changes, the system we currently work with is here for this reason" i see potter and cameron continueing in this role and the board will use only have 2 league games in the next 4 weeks to their advantage to find the 100% right candidate. 

It may have been a rushed sacking & Barrowman stating they were all ready planning ahead may well have been a comment to calm the support from the shock.

The severe lack of any real media leaks is what will be most concerning. Your damn right someone will have leaked it out had Scott Brown or Rhys Mcabe been interviewd or even if raith had asked Ayr or Airdrie for permission. No leaks is the biggest red flag for me. 

But we all trust this board, they have turned our club around in such a short period of time with a lot of positives, they know they cant get this wrong or all the good work goes down the pan fast.

42 minutes ago, MunichAway said:

My thoughts on this are, Barrowman may have fealt like he needed to say certain things last week when he said they hoped to have it done in a few days,

I suspect they thought Mcabe Brown or Courts would Jump at at he Raith job but the reality is they all seem settled. 

The next issue will be that the list of remaining candidates is utter dross and they are all getting ridiculed on social media which Barrowman will be reading. 

I honestly dont see a new manager in place before the Ayr game or even the livi game, a good few interviews have all brought up the same phrases, "Nothing changes, the system we currently work with is here for this reason" i see potter and cameron continueing in this role and the board will use only have 2 league games in the next 4 weeks to their advantage to find the 100% right candidate. 

It may have been a rushed sacking & Barrowman stating they were all ready planning ahead may well have been a comment to calm the support from the shock.

The severe lack of any real media leaks is what will be most concerning. Your damn right someone will have leaked it out had Scott Brown or Rhys Mcabe been interviewd or even if raith had asked Ayr or Airdrie for permission. No leaks is the biggest red flag for me. 

But we all trust this board, they have turned our club around in such a short period of time with a lot of positives, they know they cant get this wrong or all the good work goes down the pan fast.

You could be right with that scenario as much as I would hate that ,that for me shows a lack of forward planning by the board and a knee jerk reaction. Hopefully it is resolved sooner rather than later not because I wet the bed because as others have said we want a couple of new players in and would like our new manager/coach to choose them and it should be our no 1 priority now 

1 minute ago, Been going too long said:

You could be right with that scenario as much as I would hate that ,that for me shows a lack of forward planning by the board and a knee jerk reaction. Hopefully it is resolved sooner rather than later not because I wet the bed because as others have said we want a couple of new players in and would like our new manager/coach to choose them and it should be our no 1 priority now 

good post

1 hour ago, Varna Rover said:

you wish

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

What meal deal combo did he go for?

Egg and cress sandwich, sparkling water and a bag of carrot sticks 

1 hour ago, MunichAway said:

I honestly dont see a new manager in place before the Ayr game or even the livi game

Going to be peak Raith Rovers if we win both those games with Potter and Cameron in charge only for someone new to come in and it goes downhill.

22 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Agree it's not really an issue, you were never going to have a manager in for the Partick game (and even if you did they wouldn't have had time to make any impact) and you'll have one by the next league game. It's not uncommon for mid-season sackings to result in caretakers being in charge for a few games if it hits a busy part of the season with midweek games, whereas Raith will only have been without a manager for one game. Plus, for all their flaws, Cameron and Potter are experienced former managers, it's not like you're asking the Under 18s coach to step up and manage at a level he knows nothing about.

I'd say the frustration is mainly a result of Barrowman going in a bit heavy with his comments. He understandably wanted to give the impression that everything was in hand, but he basically gave the impression that they had options lined up ready to come in pretty much straight away. The fact they haven't means fans will obviously assume (rightly or wrongly) they've been turned down by preferred candidates and are now going down the list. Of course if Barrowman had said 'we're going to take our time and invite applications' he'd probably have got criticism for sacking Murray without a plan, so either way he probably couldn't win. If there's no manager by the middle of next week I could understand the worry, I don't see that being the case though.

You make a good point re Barrowman's' comments, he did come over as bit of a know it all, but I think that is him compensating for what may turn into a bit of a clusterf**k when their ' preferred top 5' tell them to ram it because they don't like they way they treat managers!

@Been going too long given your name, I would have thought you would have expected such fallout.

The naivete of some on here who don't think the media will rake through us if we appoint an ex OF player as manager  is alarming, either that or we have a lot of Celtic fans on here posing as Rovers fans. This is not personal against anyone or their views, but we need to be realistic, appointing someone like Brown will put us under the BBC OF spotlight, even if temporarily.