The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, RaithRovers1883 said:

Mullin states the players had a bit of a "hangover" from last season to explain the slow start. 

It is an interesting point how much did last season take out of the players and not just physically. 

We as fans were all in but the pressure must have mounted up for the players and manager as things came to a head. 

11 hours ago, Paco said:

I can understand why neutral fans were bewildered and it took most of our own support, myself included, by surprise too. However I’ve seen these do the rounds and I think it displays exactly what was meant by regression.

image.thumb.png.1cf99eeac001aa6695698af90a272c90.png

image.thumb.png.0bc7e5ae1bfef9c60bfcbf0e034e9cb3.png

image.thumb.png.64b5025a7ea8745e645aabac79a9f4e7.png.

The blue line is from 1st of January (not change in manager like the title says) and it clearly shows how performances dropped significantly in the second half of the season.

Without seeing the data, we could see as fans the performances had continued into the League Cup and the Airdrie match. 

Were we just meant to wait and hope it got better? It’s bold action certainly and time will tell whether it’s the right call. But the charts above showed what we saw from the stands last season - from January on, even when we were getting results, it was really because of individual moments (Vaughan at Ayr, Brown v Dundee Utd, O’Reilly at Dunfermline) rather than any coherent performance. 

Using the first half of your season as any kind of baseline is pretty harsh is it not? Pretty much everyone acknowledges first half was pretty atypical - the number of late goals to rescue or win games was exceptional. There was always likely to be at least some kind of regression to the norm. 

Almost every team has a dip in form during the season. The nature of results in the first half of the season made that dip more stark, but using this as retrospective justification for sacking Murray might be part of the reason you guys are struggling to get a manager to commit. Is a mid-season dip in form going to invite an unreasonable amount of pressure - is this now how managers are going to be judged?

Longer this goes on, the more ridiculous the original decision looks and the more the Rovers support seem to tie themselves in knots justifying it. 

Edited by AuldReekie

1 hour ago, AuldReekie said:

Using the first half of your season as any kind of baseline is pretty harsh is it not? Pretty much everyone acknowledges first half was pretty atypical - the number of late goals to rescue or win games was exceptional. There was always likely to be at least some kind of regression to the norm. 

Almost every team has a dip in form during the season. The nature of results in the first half of the season made that dip more stark, but using this as retrospective justification for sacking Murray might be part of the reason you guys are struggling to get a manager to commit. Is a mid-season dip in form going to invite an unreasonable amount of pressure - is this now how managers are going to be judged?

Longer this goes on, the more ridiculous the original decision looks and the more the Rovers support seem to tie themselves in knots justifying it. 

Agreed. Justification of this decision will only come once the new manager is doing better than Murray did.

That may never happen.

Wonder what number we’re at on this list of preferred replacements?

I hear Yogi believes we have some guid honest laddies and he can get them playing the right way. He loves a relegation play-off. It gets his blood pumping. Just needs the chance.

4 minutes ago, CrossgatesCynic said:

At least the cladding gave folk something else to moan about. The manager hysteria is tedious.

The funny thing on that one is that no one would even have moaned about the cladding running behind if we’d had a manager in by now. These trivial things only ever become an issue when larger issues exist.

1 hour ago, renton said:

It's a reasonable bet to suggest this isn't going swimmingly.

Fair to say that Peter Leven was one of our preferred candidates - he turned us down. Perhaps he isn't alone in that. 

Back to the McBookie list of doom. 

1 minute ago, Michael W said:

Fair to say that Peter Leven was one of our preferred candidates - he turned us down. Perhaps he isn't alone in that. 

Or perhaps he is?

Just now, Jives Miguel said:

Must be concerning for big-spending Raith Rovers that few seem willing to manage them despite the budget and wages on offer. Worrying!

Must be bewildering for some to see that the tired tropes might not be accurate after all!

5 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

Must be concerning for big-spending Raith Rovers that few seem willing to manage them despite the budget and wages on offer. Worrying!

Just out of curiosity what is our budget and wages that are on offer?

23 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Make you wonder why he applied in the first place 

16 minutes ago, edinburghrover said:

If I were of a more optimistic mind I would suggest that we #trusttheprocess, however the longer it goes on the more i get the fear.

The longer it goes on the less we are likely to get a 'tracksuit filler' 

If it was all about simply filling the role, some muppet would have had the old scarf aloft photo by now.

14 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

I'm not concerned.

I'm not 100% convinced sacking Murray was the right call and I'm so far quite underwhelmed with the list of candidates being linked. However I'm far from concerned about the prospects for the club.

The f**king cladding needs done ASAP though