The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

It wasn't actually tongue in cheek. The bloke standing next to us mentioned it. There may be nothing in it, but that was slightly strange today. At no point did he warm up with the other subs and why wouldn't you bring on one of your best players when chasing a game away from home?

Probably injured then and on the bench to boost numbers as really we had 2 outfield subs who would get on 

Poor day. 
A clusterf**k for the first goal. KB could’ve taken a touch and cleared. He could’ve booted out of play to the right. Byrne (who was playing well) could’ve booted it out for a corner, he could’ve let them shoot, possible score but still have 11 men on the park.

I definitely think there’s something up with Stanton. Never got out of the dugout apart from heading into the changing room 5/6 minutes before HT.

Smith has looked really strong and some near turns. We just create absolutely nothing. Hanlon looked good.

Barrowman needs to sort the right manager pronto and bring at least another couple in. We look utterly bereft of ideas. I’m hoping when Vaughan comes back in we’ll see the neat one twos with Easton etc.

We look a mile off it. 

1 hour ago, Stardog_champion said:

Exactly, why would he leave a club with REAL potential to a club that can’t 

What potential do they have ?already are the biggest club in NI, if he comes here and does well a premier league club will take notice or he is backed and we get to the premier league . I would be amazed if he got the PNE job over heckingbottom who has a decent record in England. He has been at Linfield 9 years he might be bored 

7 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Smith has looked really strong and some near turns. We just create absolutely nothing. Hanlon looked good.

He works really hard but hasn't been given any support for any of the 3 league games. I think ideally he would work well with a target man playing next to him , Jack Hamilton possibly if he can ever get fit.

No surprise that Linfield Chairman is wanting to keep Healy at the club going by the Belfast Telegraph today.

2 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

He works really hard but hasn't been given any support for any of the 3 league games. I think ideally he would work well with a target man playing next to him , Jack Hamilton possibly if he can ever get fit.

That would surely involve giving Hamilton service, that isn't long punts up front. 

2 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

Smith has put a shift in every game I've seen him play since he got here. He reminds a bit of a young Vaughan but not as natural a striker. He has a bit of pace, will come in from the wide has an eye for gaps in defence.  

I agree he would probably benefit from playing as a 2 with a big man knocking things on. 

Just now, renton said:

Why?

Probably because we're 3 games in to the season where we've played two games without a manager and arguably our best player in vaughan has been missing for two of them. 

1 minute ago, grumswall said:

Probably because we're 3 games in to the season where we've played two games without a manager and arguably our best player in vaughan has been missing for two of them. 

Arguably being so poor without your best player is an issue itself. One player should not dramatically change the way a team players, otherwise you're causing yourself problems. 

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Looks like it was Healy's assistant that did the post match press today.

Healy did a post match interview. The Linfield chairman also commented on their determination to retain his services via Twitter

1 minute ago, grumswall said:

We've had management, even if we havent had a manager, and I accept the fact we havent had it easy with injuries, but I'm not sure I could point to a single positive today. We nearly made it to 0-0 at HT? 

Just now, renton said:

We've had management, even if we havent had a manager, and I accept the fact we havent had it easy with injuries, but I'm not sure I could point to a single positive today. We nearly made it to 0-0 at HT? 

I haven't seen us play a single minute since the league kicked off so I really can't comment on how we've played. I don't really think two failed managers in Potter and Cameron can be considered management though. Perfectly good at the roles they where signed to do, but neither one of them have a successful management career. 

4 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Arguably being so poor without your best player is an issue itself. One player should not dramatically change the way a team players, otherwise you're causing yourself problems. 

We did turn to shit when Stanton got injured in December. Considering our form since then was apparently why Murray was sacked, you'd think the guy making the signings would address this...

i find it strange linfield gave us permission to speak to healy then the chairman says he will do whatit takes to keep him. is that correct or is he trying to get more money from us

Just now, Varna Rover said:

i find it strange linfield gave us permission to speak to healy then the chairman says he will do whatit takes to keep him. is that correct or is he trying to get more money from us

He may have a clause that allows him to talk to other clubs under circumstances, but that doesn't mean they can't give him a counter-offer to stay. 

1 hour ago, Stardog_champion said:

Let’s be honest, it’s not like he hasn’t sent out a scout or two to go to Somerset Park and check us out. The report card will not be a positive one

You need to go and lay down in a dark room. Wasn't the greatest showing today for sure but we have better players than previous years, Better facilities than ever and high expectations.

I am taking a stab that you did not have to go through the tough times of the late 80s-early 90s ?

Having opposing opinions are healthy but just moaning for the sake of it is just plain boring 

2 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

He may have a clause that allows him to talk to other clubs under circumstances, but that doesn't mean they can't give him a counter-offer to stay. 

which would be an admission they were under paying him i suggest