The New Raith Rovers Thread

Said it a couple of days back, but folk should not be posting absolute unfounded nonsense about someone’s personal life based on silly rumours dished out by people who do not have a clue. What if things were being said about you?

After I did that someone responded saying it was ok to post whatever. 

Well done to those folk… you’ve just annoyed our best player last season, likely upset his partner and maybe he does want to leave now if this is how his club’s ‘supporters’ behave.

Edited by Raithfan2711

1 minute ago, Raithfan2711 said:

Said it a couple of days back, but folk should not be posting absolute unfounded nonsense about someone’s personal life based on silly rumours dished out by people who do not have a clue. What if things were being said about you?

After I did that someone responded saying it was ok to post whatever. 

Well done to those folk… you’ve just annoyed our best player last season, likely upset his partner and maybe he does want to leave now if this is how his club’s ‘supporters’ behave.

From outside looking in, totally agree. Can't be arsed with how so many people find it completely OK to circulate unfounded garbage online. Might be true, might not - not sure it's anyone's business other than those affected. 

Manager shambles no doubt contributing as it's a creating a vacuum into which fans will speculate about anything that's vaguely connected. You'd like to think a manager would have taken action by now to protect player, squad and club where required. Doing noone any favours when this stuff takes hold.

Anyways, if he needs a home...

3 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

0 days since last shambles 

I for one am now ready to embrace our move from fantastic season last year to full on banter season this one.

3 minutes ago, SanStarko said:

I for one am now ready to embrace our move from fantastic season last year to full on banter season this one.

Similarities to us last year IMO 

7 minutes ago, AuldReekie said:

Manager shambles no doubt contributing as it's a creating a vacuum into which fans will speculate about anything that's vaguely connected.

This… and it’s Barrowman that needs to take the responsibility for putting us in a situation that we didn’t need to be in that has since spiralled!

5 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

This… and it’s Barrowman that needs to take the responsibility for putting us in a situation that we didn’t need to be in that has since spiralled!

I think the supporter base as a whole needs to take a long hard look at its self a long time before anyone at the club does. You can be unhappy with how the board have acted, but the way the support has acted since the sacking has been absolutely woeful. 

It's been assessed that many things outwith the boards control have left this club manager-less. It isn't an ideal situation, but the constant melt-down and attempts to find a scapegoat really need to stop. 

7 hours ago, Varna Rover said:

thank god your not on our board, go away little man

Thank Chist we don't have Chris English in charge either.

Just now, David McGurns Left Glove said:

I think the supporter base as a whole needs to take a long hard look at its self a long time before anyone at the club does. You can be unhappy with how the board have acted, but the way the support has acted since the sacking has been absolutely woeful. 

It's been assessed that many things outwith the boards control have left this club manager-less. It isn't an ideal situation, but the constant melt-down and attempts to find a scapegoat really need to stop. 

If you could pin posts to the top of the page, I'd have this one. 

We've been unfortunate in that things haven't gone to plan. That's been due to external factors as opposed to incompetence. Yet folk want to burn everything down. People make mistakes and errors of judgement all the time. 

We've got rid of Murray which was questionable and then tried Leven who ultimately decided to stay where he was. We seemingly had the same with O'Carroll. Then we had the same with Healy who seems to have used the situation to his own ends to get an improved deal. 

3 minutes ago, David McGurns Left Glove said:

Not all of it has been out with the boards control, in fact most of it has been significantly within their control (how they handled the sacking of the manager and it's timing), and it ain't pretty.  Their targets so far have all turned them down, is that out with their control or have they actually been quite naive?

Tbh I can handle the board taking their time getting the 'right man' in, as long as much-needed reinforcements still arrive this week. My main worry is Stanton has been alienated to the extent he wants away and can we turn it back round again if so ?. Stanton at the top of his game is the best player in this league. No arguments

Problem is that there are so many competing agendas accross the fanbase and posters here. Thinly veiled ITK posts from people who seem to know more than they say but post enough to cause discord are routine

Add in gossip, hearsay and you have a grim mix.

Board made a rod for their own back, and it seems good efforts to appoint have blown up in front of them.

Dare I say it we as a group of posters have sailed as close to "old firm" ground as we could recently.

A great season has created not only expectation but entitlement. Posts that reach the point of an extremely private player having to denounce rumour is utterly ridiculous.

We might have to agree to disagree on this one but I think the threshold for incompetence has already been met. Sacking a manager one game into the season when everyone was still behind him and the club in general has caused a massive eruption. To not realise that would be the outcome is pretty naive on BOD’s part.

Just now, Broken Algorithms said:

If you could pin posts to the top of the page, I'd have this one. 

We've been unfortunate in that things haven't gone to plan. That's been due to external factors as opposed to incompetence. Yet folk want to burn everything down. People make mistakes and errors of judgement all the time. 

We've got rid of Murray which was questionable and then tried Leven who ultimately decided to stay where he was. We seemingly had the same with O'Carroll. Then we had the same with Healy who seems to have used the situation to his own ends to get an improved deal. 

While I agree with the majority of what you've said here, I think the timing of the sacking has had a fair bit to do with people turning us down which is neither an external factor (unless you're taking month of the year into that?) or incompetence. I think we'd have had more luck in people wanting to join had it been the season end rather than so soon after having already started. Leven and O'Carroll are in good positions with clubs looking to have a great season, one working with a new manager who has probably leaned on him a lot to understand whats going on at the club and the other at a club who were at the time in Europe and pushing for qualification again this season. Had we approached before their seasons started, it may have gone different. Healy it seems either got cold feet or his wife googled Kirkcaldy and gave it a hard pass.

It feels like we thought we'd have our pick and have been caught off guard by people saying no, like the spoilt kid being told off for the first time. 

However, the board have been excellent on the whole so far, so they deserve the backing to get things right. They know that the next manager is entirely their pick, they'll have a limited window to move players around, both in and out until January and the publicly stated expectation is promotion.

5 minutes ago, David McGurns Left Glove said:

Couldnt agree more, personal attacks and unfounded rumours are very damaging.

All of the folks connected with the club, Board of Directors, Management Team and players want the best for the club as we could clearly see last season.

Sure, there's been a delay in appointing a new manager, all that will probably mean is we will get somebody in the "untested" bracket.

Bring it on.

Just now, Jilted John said:

We might have to agree to disagree on this one but I think the threshold for incompetence has already been met. Sacking a manager one game into the season when everyone was still behind him and the club in general has caused a massive eruption. To not realise that would be the outcome is pretty naive on BOD’s part.

Agreeing to disagree is fine.  For me, the board were probably of the impression the manager search was "days rather than weeks". I'm sure they were very confident they'd have a manager in place quickly. When it happens two or three times in a row you can't really account for it imo. 

7 minutes ago, Irosshed and I was wrong said:

Why would anyone make up rumours about Sam Stanton's family situation - mentalists.

I’ve only seen perhaps two comments mentioning it, it certainly hasn’t seemed to snowball and become the talk of the steamie. In fact the guys that posted it, removed it soon after. The chat has been about his transfer status! 

9 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

While I agree with the majority of what you've said here, I think the timing of the sacking has had a fair bit to do with people turning us down which is neither an external factor (unless you're taking month of the year into that?) or incompetence. I think we'd have had more luck in people wanting to join had it been the season end rather than so soon after having already started. Leven and O'Carroll are in good positions with clubs looking to have a great season, one working with a new manager who has probably leaned on him a lot to understand whats going on at the club and the other at a club who were at the time in Europe and pushing for qualification again this season. Had we approached before their seasons started, it may have gone different. Healy it seems either got cold feet or his wife googled Kirkcaldy and gave it a hard pass.

It feels like we thought we'd have our pick and have been caught off guard by people saying no, like the spoilt kid being told off for the first time. 

However, the board have been excellent on the whole so far, so they deserve the backing to get things right. They know that the next manager is entirely their pick, they'll have a limited window to move players around, both in and out until January and the publicly stated expectation is promotion.

I'd also make an argument that your choices with a managers job will always be quite fluid, albeit they're always going to decrease as time goes on. 

It wouldn't surprise me if the whole saga has alerted a few more names to it. Managers (much like players) will probably have a degree of ego involved when going for jobs. There might be some who look at it and say "sacked after one game? No thanks..." but others might well believe they've got what it takes and are less concerned.