The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 hours ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Can’t be arsed typing my thoughts tonight but this chap from FB is on a similar wavelength to how I’m thinking.

Absolute disgrace tonight I'm sorry but I don't care about stadium renovations it's the team on the park I as a fan cares about, and this squad is just not good enough ,slow ,predictable ,no fight 
And I'm sorry team selection by manager was shocking too a right back on the bench and both goals came from the right a stupid corner conceded by Mullin then Mathews caught out at 2nd  
Christ if he can't play a natural right back  Infront of two midfielders were in a bad place  
And again 5 seasons later we still don't have a proper striker FFS how hard can it be I've seen some pretty poor sides and this current team is up there the similarities between this team and the team that was relegated is frightening 
We haven't even scored a goal from open play in the league 
All the talk of looking at Loans etc yet absolutely heehaw done Barrowman is a glorified  salesman his pre match tour said it all her the end the need to "Monetise " the digital screen tells me everything I need to know
 how about the need for a decent side on the park ya clown 🤡
Oh and to make matters worse we got pumped by a rank rotten Pars side sentence I read this unnerve voice of an out of breath dick van dyke or 

Reading that coulda been reading so solid crew lyrics or some kinda breathless Dick Van Dyke (from “I as a fan cares about “ i couldn’t hear it any other way)

110 days from going up to Dingwall with a chance of promotion to being easily beaten at East End to go rock bottom.

It's so depressing, especially when we've signed a good young winger and three solid defenders.

Manager wise we look to have substantially downgraded. 

This 3-5-2 needs binned:

Not enough cb's 

No one to play RWB

Overun in central midfield

Stevenson better as a LB with Easton in front. 

Hamilton/Otoo/Wotherspoon in the middle had our number.

Too many players come back from injury then get further injuries... is this poor management from the physio, rushing them back, or due to guys like Stanton and Vaughan being overused last season ?

No link between defence and attack

(Stanton and Brown returning would help here)

No goal scorer... we now have two Callum Smith's up front... both run all day and don't score.

Squad is devoid of confidence and thats leading to more mistakes, and no one making a forward pass.

I feel totally dejected after watching the game and the post match managerial interview.

7 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

With regards to Stevenson and Hanlon, the problem with them is that they're losers. They've underachieved and failed with Hibs for their entire careers and now they're bringing that mentality to us. 

As far Collins, he looks very much like the type of appointment that will be sacked after losing his first 8 matches. He's taken a bad team and somehow made them worse. 

“Failed their entire careers” - if you conveniently ignore the 3 cup winners medals between them. 

If you look at the league table, there’s absolutely no need for panic. Given the tightness of this league, we’re weirdly only 2 points behind a promotion play off place. Can understand why a few Pars fan are living it up after being humped 5 times last season, but they are 1 point ahead of us with the exact same goal difference. Not exactly a chasm.

But, and it’s a big but, we need to start getting our act together fast. Since sacking Murray we have been all over the place on and off the field. Collins deserves time but if he turns out to be a dud and we end up in a relegation scrap then Barrowman and the rest have  f**ked up badly. Long way to go before that happens though.

Edited by FitbaSupporter

9 hours ago, Honestmen said:

Your board has some serious questions to answer though don’t think you’d be sitting any prettier with Murray, squad looks shit starting with the keeper right thru to the attackers

This.  It's one thing criticising the decision to get rid of Murray, but then going on to list issues that are directly caused by him or fell at least some way under his remit.  

That said, when you sack your manager one game into the season you simply have to make a shit hot appointment or the negative attention that comes with it is huge.

Since that game up at Ross County in the play off final, regardless of all that has happened since then, I’ve just felt utterly deflated. Which is natural of course. However it looks like half the squad are feeling the same way. Not good. Needs sorted pronto. 

Edited by Wardy

Murray wasn't in charge of signings. The squad is badly unbalanced but the remit for signing players is with Potter and Barrowman. Murray might have identified who he would like but as he said time and time again it was the others to then go and do the deals. Not for one second can anyone seriously believe that Murray thought we were ok since he said clearly last December we needed pace. 

I understand that some of the board are privy to reading these boards as well as X and Facebook. Hopefully they are now reflecting on things this morning and realising they have truly ballsed up. Sadly I doubt it as all the seem to care about is selling off every little corner of the ground for £££.

Edited by Ding Dang Doo

One of the things I liked about Ian Murray was his interviews. They were always honest, he had watched the same game you had. Now he's not going to lay into a team but he called it out when we had been shit or we'd made a mistake in the way we set up. Due to this he held your attention and for me I wanted to hear his view.

Collins isn't the easiest on the ears he doesn't come across as a slick communicator which would be fine if he also told it how it is. If we're just going to get soundbites and absolute pish like we could have won that last night then people will see straight through it.

7 hours ago, kdypar said:

Talk me thru how Hanlon done well at the red or both goals? He’ll be ok topping his pension though. 

Hanlon wasn’t responsible for any of it. Murray was at fault for the red. For the first goal, it came from a short corner. It was Jamieson that was picking up on the edge of the box. That’s not Hanlons job. For the second goal, we had literally just taken our right back off and were going shit or bust. Of anyone was to blame for that one it’s probably Matthews.

Not sure if there’s a slight jealousy thing on your part, given they both turned you guys down. But on a night where you’d probably have found widespread agreement on here by picking holes in our season so far, you’ve probably picked the only one that’s actually not an issue.

1 hour ago, St. Jude said:

“Failed their entire careers” - if you conveniently ignore the 3 cup winners medals between them. 

Two good seasons out of 15 then. Part of sides which couldn't get out of the championship and were routinely bent over by Hearts in derbies just like we were last night. 

They're losers. Some legacy Murray has left us by signing that pair.

13 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

Murray wasn't in charge of signings. The squad is badly unbalanced but the remit for signing players is with Potter and Barrowman. Murray might have identified who he would like but as he said time and time again it was the others to then go and do the deals. Not for one second can anyone seriously believe that Murray thought we were ok since he said clearly last December we needed pace. 

I understand that some of the board are privy to reading these boards as well as X and Facebook. Hopefully they are now reflecting on things this morning and realising they have truly ballsed up. Sadly I doubt it as all the seem to care about is selling off every little corner of the ground for £££.

I'm not absolving the board of blame but Murray even said in his statement the other week that with the signings we'd made he felt we could win the league the season. I think he's as responsible as anyone for the squad we have. 

None of that excuses the board taking a month to appoint someone who looks like he'll not last much longer than that in post though. 

5 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Two good seasons out of 15 then. Part of sides which couldn't get out of the championship and were routinely bent over by Hearts in derbies just like we were last night. 

Logic is all wrong there, If you can acknowledge that they where winners 🏅 then surely they cannot be losers?

18 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

Surely if you identify who you want then you are at least some way responsible for signings? Murray also used to joke/remark about how much he liked having midfielders in the squad - which plays through to what we have now.  

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

None of that excuses the board taking a month to appoint someone who looks like he'll not last much longer than that in post though. 

Barrowman needs to take a long hard look at himself. 

Took a month to find a guy that is giving off serious Joe Biden vibes.

No one will give a f**k about your cladding and improved TNT sports offering in the community lounge when we're back in league one. 

5 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I think a lot of our fans maybe need to temper their expectations re Hanlon and Stevenson. They were generally solid Premiership players, barring one spell in the championship, and probably comparable with George McGeachie and Bobby Glennie when we signed those guys.

With all due respect, they're not Dave Narey level where we signed a guy with multiple medals, vast European experience and played in a World Cup.