Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

11 minutes ago, Derry Pele said:

ETA: I’ve went off on a rant here, just click the link if it’s tl;dr

Not sure if this has been covered already but the audacity of it is astonishing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-66459842

A property developer buys a recently closed, well known pub. It gets ransacked to such an extent that any chance of it reopening as a pub is gone.

Last week an application is lodged for it to be made a proper listed building, but the new owners also hire a digger. 

It goes up in flames on Saturday, and the access road is blocked by a pile of dirt/rubble meaning the fire service can’t attend as efficiently as they needed to. 

Planning permission is lodged for partial demolition of the unsafe parts of the building on Monday and, on the same day, the aforementioned digger is used to knock the whole thing down. The dirt pile has been added to in the intervening period. 

If the big boss of the new owning company wasn’t a woman I’d praise the size of their testicles for attempting something so audacious (obviously no proof but come on to f**k)

All agreed. And further seething because an attempt to List the building only got underway a couple of weeks ago. Complacency all round.

The only real chance of any consequence is the prospect of à prosecution for arson. And I suspect that’ll be hard to conclusively prove for any one actual individual. 

10 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

All agreed. And further seething because an attempt to List the building only got underway a couple of weeks ago. Complacency all round.

The only real chance of any consequence is the prospect of à prosecution for arson. And I suspect that’ll be hard to conclusively prove for any one actual individual. 

The Northfield Hotel on southside of Capital City is currently going through the standard owner procedure when an application to demolish a listed building has been refused.

Encouraging on-site fly tipping by builders and wee neds trying to burn it to the ground.

All because they want to build...........yes, you've guessed it.............student accommodation.

Private Eye's "Nooks and Corners" column covers interesting old buildings threatened by development. I find it depressing reading because of the amount of dodgy spivs out there prepared to knock down perfectly good buildings and replace them with cheap boxes for a fast buck  

4 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Fucking hell. Aged 53 and having enthusiastically embraced all six stages of those  life choices, how do I now get myself back on The Right Way please? 

Fu©k all, you're 2 years away from your Ruby Anniversary of self abuse.

Edited by Zen Archer (Raconteur)

42 minutes ago, Ziggy Sobotka said:

Look after yourselves lads.

20230810_233301.thumb.jpg.247a4bef55ccf04603d6370d4812fa47.jpg

I always thought that hat wearing was associated with baldness because baldies wear hats to cover their shiny domes. I realise now that the causality runs the other way and hat wearing causes baldness.

5 hours ago, coprolite said:

I always thought that hat wearing was associated with baldness because baldies wear hats to cover their shiny domes. I realise now that the causality runs the other way and hat wearing causes baldness.

I think it's because of the friction that constantly doffing your cap to passing ladies creates - it can't be good for your hair. 

11 minutes ago, Michael W said:

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/uk-world-news/new-mum-stranded-after-being-8669669

This is genuinely one of the most idiotic things I've ever read. 

Doing that when :

"We don't have enough money for flights. When we came over here, they were £600 each and now they are a few grand. I am £6,000 in debt on the card...

Don't know whether to laugh or cry at that.