Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

What is it you do?

Those burgers won't flip themselves.

:)

I'm an IT monkey.

We have a big project at the moment so I'm doing a lot of extra hours for that. The company are very good for this stuff, we'll all get time back and OT, as well as getting free food and stuff. We are getting Nandos tonight.

I'm an IT monkey.

We have a big project at the moment so I'm doing a lot of extra hours for that. The company are very good for this stuff, we'll all get time back and OT, as well as getting free food and stuff. We are getting Nandos tonight.

You don't claim OT as you said previously.

You don't claim OT as you said previously.

If we have big projects I do, if I'm just logged on to catch up I won't. I think it'd be pretty cheeky to log on, work on a few tidy-ups and then claim OT for it. But if I'm asked to work more hours to cover specific work then I think OT is appropriate.

I used to work for a large financial organisation that is often in the news and it was such a miserable fucking loonhole of bullying managers, horrible working practices and dreadful technology that I'm enjoying working somewhere that's rewarding and interesting.

I'm an IT monkey.

I find all IT people to be a bit like you. It suits them to make it look like they are going the extra mile. You could all do the job in half the time, but that would be admitting it was easy and any body could do it. Better to talk in riddles and acronyms and maintain the illusion that only you could do it.

I find all IT people to be a bit like you. It suits them to make it look like they are going the extra mile. You could all do the job in half the time, but that would be admitting it was easy and any body could do it. Better to talk in riddles and acronyms and maintain the illusion that only you could do it.

You want a job? You'll go far.

If we have big projects I do, if I'm just logged on to catch up I won't. I think it'd be pretty cheeky to log on, work on a few tidy-ups and then claim OT for it. But if I'm asked to work more hours to cover specific work then I think OT is appropriate.

Having said that when I worked for the large financial company, one of the guys used to regularly log in from home every weekend and claim eight hours OT for doing development work on some of the internal software we used. Never saw much development on that software...

I'm worried everyone in my work hates me because I do loads of extra work and unpaid overtime and volunteer for things all the time.

I'm an IT monkey.

I'm beginning to doubt you even exist in the analogue world.

I'm worried everyone in my work hates me because I do loads of extra work and unpaid overtime and volunteer for things all the time.

Is this the thing that makes you a bad person? Been sniffing the toilet seats in the ladies once everyone's away? You animal.

Talking of sniffing ladies toilet seats.. my old boss (in my first proper job) came through to my office and said "I've left a line for you on the ladies' toilet seat". I think his reasoning was that they were a far cleaner environment from which to nasally imbibe his favourite class A drugs.

Well said. These 'IT' clowns are full of absolute bullshite.

Not at all, just fed up of listening to bullshit, whether its from 'IT experts', or 'people who own their own business'. (and used to be a councillor) Thank you.

Was it because I called you a binman rather than a refuge collector?

Can't be all bad, you posted photos of that scruffy moggy and Dundee FC scarf that you found whilst doing your rounds.