Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

13 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Want to know how exciting my morning is?

I've got a job later that involves half a dozen switches and a router being swapped out for new kit.

Today, I will mostly be re-sharpening a needle and picking out individual grains of sand from little piles of sand.

I've got a job later that involves half a dozen switches and a router being swapped out for new kit.  To make my life easier in case something goes wrong and we have to put the old kit back in place I'm going through them all taking copies of configs and a few other things like what ports were up so I can compare it later.  
I've got a wee script of commands that I could just copy and paste on and it would go and do it and save it all to a text file for me, but I'm typing them in by hand and trying to beat the buffer on the device, so basically I'm finished typing and it's still running through my list of commands as I sit like a nerdy god watching it carry out my will.

CutMeOut20210422_101657.jpg

22 hours ago, Abby Normal said:

I’d say in the tree of criminal gangs, he’d be seen as expendable muscle. A local (to you) boy who wanted to impress the tough boys from tough estates from school, then impress the bigger local criminals, then the bigger criminals once in jail. He has condemned himself to a life inside and a life living in peril. If he says who told him to do it then his life would be in immediate danger. If he’s ever let out of prison then his life is in immediate danger unless under a witness protection scheme on another planet. 

I see it’s been revealed in the trial that Welsh had a knife, cable ties and car number plates stored in the boot of his car at the time. Unfortunately looks like he was still involved in some dodgy stuff that might have gotten him into trouble.

I've got a job later that involves half a dozen switches and a router being swapped out for new kit.  To make my life easier in case something goes wrong and we have to put the old kit back in place I'm going through them all taking copies of configs and a few other things like what ports were up so I can compare it later.  
I've got a wee script of commands that I could just copy and paste on and it would go and do it and save it all to a text file for me, but I'm typing them in by hand and trying to beat the buffer on the device, so basically I'm finished typing and it's still running through my list of commands as I sit like a nerdy god watching it carry out my will.

I had a w**k.

59 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I see it’s been revealed in the trial that Welsh had a knife, cable ties and car number plates stored in the boot of his car at the time. Unfortunately looks like he was still involved in some dodgy stuff that might have gotten him into trouble.

The defence solicitor will be doing everything to victim blame. Are cable ties and a knife proof of being some sort of henchmen? Or are they what you use to attach posters and boxing gloves to street signs and lampposts around the city? Messy business anyway. 

58 minutes ago, Abby Normal said:

The defence solicitor will be doing everything to victim blame. Are cable ties and a knife proof of being some sort of henchmen? Or are they what you use to attach posters and boxing gloves to street signs and lampposts around the city? Messy business anyway. 

Appreciate he was a mate so won’t go into it, it could well be innocent and unfortunate that it’s being made out that way, but it’s an easy job for a prosecutor to make that connection.

[mention=9645]KnightswoodBear[/mention] [mention=16460]Sweet Pete[/mention]
I am taking the lead in the "are my kids middle class" debate after the following exchange....
Bb1 "whats for dinner?"
Me "chicken in that nice sauce you like"
Bb1 "Is it coq au vin dad?"
Me *looks around to see who is in earshot of this* "aye, its coq au vin"

Im firmly in this zone as well. Made some cracking food on the bbq the other night and my 4 year old said he would have rather had lobster [emoji848]

On 18/04/2021 at 17:22, Bert Raccoon said:

Money's good but you've got to think of your mental health and your family. If you think the cash would make you happier and would benefit your family then fair enough but not worth it if it's going to make you miserable. Good luck either way 

In the end decided wasn't for me.

Being contracted to a late in Saturday evening and the lack of hours was the key to not taking it.

Feel meh still however 

25 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

In the end decided wasn't for me.

Being contracted to a late in Saturday evening and the lack of hours was the key to not taking it.

Feel meh still however 

Probably the best decision by the sounds of things 

I spent a lot of this morning listening to some EDM music and quite honestly, felt a bit deflated. Stuck on some 80s rock after a meeting at 3 and been feeling great. 
90s hip hop for me currently. For an Amazon playlist its fantastic. Lauryn Hill atm

Ah FFS... Shock G has passed away.

Who he? A lyrical genius. The brains behind Digital Underground.

While rap was getting bogged down in gangsta shit, he built a whimsical, funk-based routine. Songs featuring extravagant guest rappers (Humpty Hump, MC Blowfish) that were really Shock G in disguise.

Here's MC Blowfish's entrance in Underwater Rimes (1990). It doesn't get any better than this.  

Explosives used at a gender reveal party have caused buildings to tremble across the US state of New Hampshire.

An expectant couple had gone to a quarry to let off an explosion to reveal the sex of their unborn child.

People in towns miles away felt the impact, which was said to be caused by mixing chalk with 80 pounds of Tannerite, an over-the-counter explosive.

The man who set it off has reportedly handed himself in to police.

Luckily, nobody was seriously hurt as a result of the blast.

The explosion was so big it was caught on a doorbell camera.

Local news reported people across New Hampshire saying there had been an earthquake, with some reporting cracks in the foundation of their homes