The Falkirk FC Thread

Mcgrandles back on loan is looking a certainty, and also East Fife fans on Twitter convinced that Nathan Austin is coming to Falkirk for 75k

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/6846756/Falkirk-in-loan-swoop-to-bring-back-Conor-McGrandles-from-Norwich.html?CMP=spklr-_-Editorial-_-TWITTER-_-scotsunsport-_-20160107-_-SunScotSport-_-325386043-_-Imageandlink

Mentioned on Twitter there is also competition from Premiership clubs, so doesn't look to be a stick on.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

I see Luke Leahy has reportedly refused to sign another contract extension. I think it's the initial contract plus 2 improved offers he's refused, if reports are to be believed. Looks like he is away in the summer.

Mcgrandles back on loan is looking a certainty, and also East Fife fans on Twitter convinced that Nathan Austin is coming to Falkirk for 75k

Not convinced McGrandles will be coming but hope he does.

I just don't see what McGrandles gets out of a loan deal with us. Okay first team football but I would have thought he could get that at a higher level then Scottish championship on loan elsewhere and that's surely what he needs. I hope I'm wrong though.

Scored 24 goals in 66 games for East Fife, joined from Leven United in 2013 but is under contract till 2017. 21yrs old. We dont pay transfer fees so i guess that rules him out joining us.

We paid for Marc Twaddle to return and also paid an undisclosed fee for someone (can't remember who) 3 seasons ago.

We currently have a big pot of gold for the 1st time in 8 years in the bank so it wouldn't surprise me if we paid £75k

What I would say is if we want to spend that kind of cash on a player can we not do better than a guy who's barely better than 1 goal in 3 games against fucking joiners?

Seems such an unFalkirk signing.

It's a big gamble paying that sort of money on someone totally untried at a decent level. These days with the number of free agents floating about there really isn't any need for us to pay a transfer fee. I think Jonny Flynn was the last player we paid for.

Stewart and Flynn should be enough of a deterrent not to pay a transfer fee ever again, even Twaddle. all of them were poor, thing is we were in the prem when we spent money, Flynn was signed after we had just got relegated i think so we would still have had a little bit cash. I would be very surprised if we paid 75k for anyone now never mind an untested youngster.