The Falkirk FC Thread

Remind me what did you win?

Nothin other than £200,000 more than your team, and a slightly better chance to maybe get through 4 matches and promotion, although that will be difficult.

The players always acknowledge the fans at the end of every season good bad or indifferent. It was no big celebration in any shape or form after yesterday's game, other than appreciating we have made things slightly better for ourselves come the playoffs.

Edited by NUMBER 7

Nothin other than £200,000 more than your team, and a slightly better chance to maybe get through 4 matches and promotion, although that will be difficult.

The players always acknowledge the fans at the end of every season good bad or indifferent. It was no big celebration in any shape or form after yesterday's game, other than appreciating we have made things slightly better for ourselves come the playoffs.

Don't feel the need to justify it.

Yesterday's events effectively represented the successful negotiation of the first round of the play-offs.

It's been an ambitious target for months and has been achieved.

Christ, even after our pathetic season, we had the wanky Pavlovian applause for our feeble team as they wandered round after last week's game.

Nothing to slag off Falkirk for here at all - if there was, I'd be on it.

Quoting single club forums doesn't look good for anybody, we all know that.

Falkirk have done very well, I even went into your club thread to say so and I never usually take much of an interest in teams other than Hibs.

Let's be honest though, the Falkirk team and their fans have milked it a bit considering there's still a long way to go.

Fantastic achievement by Falkirk, but players with their kids on the pitch is a bit much when the season could still end in disappointing fashion. 

I'd imagine that picture would be on the dressing room wall of whichever team goes through to play them.  (not suggesting for a minute that Falkirk think they are through or anything, its just quite cheesy)

I actually agree that the kids on the park is a bit much but as has been said, this is an annual tradition.

There were no wild celebrations in the stands and chairman and manager both opened their speeches asking the fans for their support for the next two big games.

Absolutely zero arrogance from Falkirk here.

Quoting single club forums doesn't look good for anybody, we all know that.

Falkirk have done very well, I even went into your club thread to say so and I never usually take much of an interest in teams other than Hibs.

Let's be honest though, the Falkirk team and their fans have milked it a bit considering there's still a long way to go.

Was a decent show from you saying well done to us mate. We busted a guy to get that. It's a big achievement for us to finish ahead of you guys given the difference in budgets.

You are spot on though on both counts. Single club forums are embarrassing for all. And anyone of us, you and Raith have a long way to go yet to get promoted. We have a slight advantage in finishing 2nd. Very slight.

To be fair there are some decent posts on that thread, particularly layer on, but some Hibs fans seem to have a genuine dislike for shitey wee Falkirk :lol:

Falkirk !!

Have a word with yourselves FFS :lol:

A cup final one would've made loads of sense and surely would have been popular with the fans if you had won.

They made one of the cup final! I took my gf at the time to a game in Sept, and there was a big pic of the line up from the cup final and it was signed. They don't miss a trick :lol:

Whatever anyone says that has been an excellent achievement to split Rangers and Hibs. The first time we have finished above Hibs since 1971.

Houston have proved a lot of people wrong and there is a togetherness that I don't remember seeing since Jefferies team.

Two very tough ties coming up but having Watson back allows us to get Vaulks back into midfield and gives Houston more options.

We have to hope the Hibs v Raith tie is close and a real battle. If it is we have to gain an advantage from that. I think it will be Hibs who will come through but would prefer Raith as I think that increases our chances.

Championship teams better hope for Hamilton to finish in that ply off place.

Did they also start fist pumping at winning nothing?

The fist pumping was done at the direction of the photographers. We shouted at them to give us some arms in the air stuff because it makes for a better image. 

It's a fairly standard pose when taking pictures of sportsmen. Has nothing to do with arrogance from the Falkirk team. 

Another standard pose is Hibs fans looking miserable, particularly at Hampden. I've had some great poses from you guys over the years. Thanks for that folks.  :thumsup2

No doubt I'll get a few more for my collection on the 21st.  8)

post-54598-0-78938200-1462185597_thumb.j

post-54598-0-86021200-1462185626_thumb.j

post-54598-0-48729700-1462185668_thumb.j

9th biggest city in the UK is Edinburgh, 10th biggest Leicester. One has a team playing in front of roughly 30,000 a week and has seriously overachieved, the other can only attract a very small fraction of their city to actually watch them and their biggest rivals are at the moment falkirk!!

For the size of Edinburgh hibs and hearts must be the biggest underachievers (both on the park and for crowds) in the UK