The Falkirk FC Thread

I meant you weren't the only ones left.

There were people under the enclosure but me and Reggie were there on our own, I remember it like it was...........30 years ago [emoji23]

I would take the town centre location back in a heartbeat - I love ground like Easter Road, where it's at the heart of the community that supports it.  Walking through houses, flats, where 100 years ago people wandered out of to watch the local team...it feels like the way it should be.  To me it's the only good thing about Hampden.

The rest?  Great atmosphere,but that's it.  Time has moved on.

3 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

:whistle

Andy Gray scored a worldy

One of my favourite games at Brockville. I'm sure Stirling Albion were 2-1 up with 9 men the big centre half(Gary Patterson?) got sent off and swung for the ref but his teammate caught his arm mid punch. The crowd were shouting for Gray to come on, he did and won the game almost on his own. He scored a free kick that was hit so hard it had bounced out the net by the time the keeper had dived. I think most of Falkirks goals came in the last 15 minutes. Albion had a decent team at that time.

Edited by Swordfishtrombone
Terrible spelling

If we're going all nostalgic for the bad games, I remember being 4 down to alloa at home in the league cup and everyone singing away in the choir, was a great atmosphere, we got back to 4-2 as well. 

You mind the good games and atmospheres, there were plenty quiet days and rotten days as well, you look back with navy blue coloured glasses on!! 

7 hours ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

One of my favourite games at Brockville. I'm sure Stirling Albion were 2-1 up with 9 men the big centre half(Gary Patterson?) got sent off and swung for the ref but his teammate caught his arm mid punch. The crowd were shouting for Gray to come on, he did and won the game almost on his own. He scored a free kick that was hit so hard it had bounced out the net by the time the keeper had dived. I think most of Falkirks goals came in the last 15 minutes. Albion had a decent team at that time.

We were 2-1 down til Mcgraw levelled in 83. Gray 86, Elliot 87 and Hamilton 89 won it for us.

From memory none of those goals were from inside the box.

Being absolutely humiliated by Clyde 6-0 in the pissing rain in Tottens last season was a hard one to take.

Kevin Christie and Shagger Hogarth having nightmares.

Stayed to the bitter end.

That match is the only game I have ever left before full time

11 minutes ago, Crawford Baptie said:

Being absolutely humiliated by Clyde 6-0 in the pissing rain in Tottens last season was a hard one to take.

Kevin Christie and Shagger Hogarth having nightmares.

Stayed to the bitter end.

I was soaked at that. Did we not have someone on load from Celtic and it was his debut, he broke his leg early on?

12 hours ago, keithgy said:

I left a game at Brockville to go to work when we were 2-1 down  to Stirling Albion,by the time I got to work we had won 6-2.

I remember that game as a young boy. My dads cousins left with 10 minutes to go with us getting beat. I was at the age where I would ask for my dad to make sure I was in the ground before kick off and stay right to the final whistle no matter what. Couldn't believe the come back we had and the ones that left were gutted. Great times.