The Falkirk FC Thread

Could be that, or it could be what you would see in any boardroom across the world I.e. the club working out how much income they have to spend and realising that there's a likelihood of less cash being available.

Could also be a bullshit story but history tells me which version I know more likely.

On 6/28/2017 at 20:09, Grant228 said:

You weren't well ahead of us last year I'm sure.

We were 600 up on your average last season. Given the extra brought by Hibs/DU/RR to EEP I reckon we were about 1000 home fans a week up...Not all walk ups surely?

3 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Season tickets now up 2,200.

Not got ours yet either #juggernaut 

7 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Must admit I thought that was only Rangers the season before.

I did smell shite when I read this TBH.

Having said that, we will lose around 3600 away fans over two home games when comparing Hibs with Inverness. Ayr and Raith will also have brought more than Livingston or Brechin too.

Hibs were only in the North Stand for both games last season.

To be fair I think Houston is using Hibs as an example to describe a 120K budget hit. Shagger probably described the shortfall more succinctly.

There's also another argument that the board perhaps has limited confidence in his signings record and does not want to blow money on bad signings.

Although that's only me speculating. I think Houstons signing record has got better recently even if not fantastic.

I did smell shite when I read this TBH.Having said that, we will lose around 3600 away fans over two home games when comparing Hibs with Inverness. Ayr and Raith will also have brought more than Livingston or Brechin too.

Hibs never took an away fans anywhere else? All relative. If we have lost 80-100k so have most of the others therefore it is not relevant as all budgets at all clubs will be adjusted accordingly

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Even if nobody comes in there is still an opportunity for us to be challenging for the play-offs.

Take it Houston doesn't think he can win the league with the current squad going by the above comment.

That's how I read it, playoffs with the current squad but wants more.

3000 x 20 when they were in a stand holding 2000 with a maximum ticket price of 18 quid a head.

Inverness 0 x 20.

No increased costs for dealing with an away support of 3000 vs an away support of 0.

Houston is spot on imo. The guy is doing an incredible job.

2 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Two comments on this,

Being optimistic Houston talks about having money to buy a player but it might not happen....possibly holding out for Rory Loy?

Also another way to recover some of that budget shortfall would have been for some of those moaning to buy their season tickets early and give the board confidence to provide Houston with a more sizeable budget.

We were always gonna be down on numbers this season with how it ended, there was a good feeling about the previous season even with the Killie game. Last season was dogged and mainly a bit of a mess, the home form a mess. 

The club needed to bring in a signing to protect some of the downfall but instead its went from Budapest disaster to lose 5/6 players and bring in one.

The 50/50 fan will need enticing and they have done nothing to entice them...

Its our time.....the way things are going, its our time to miss the play offs especially if we go into the season with Miller, Austin, Shepherd and O'Hara as our strike force

2 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Even if nobody comes in there is still an opportunity for us to be challenging for the play-offs.

Take it Houston doesn't think he can win the league with the current squad going by the above comment.

We need a quality striker and a bit of luck with injuries and suspensions, if we get another Taylor Morgan type in,we have no chance

3000 x 20 when they were in a stand holding 2000 with a maximum ticket price of 18 quid a head.

Inverness 0 x 20.

No increased costs for dealing with an away support of 3000 vs an away support of 0.

Houston is spot on imo. The guy is doing an incredible job.

Beat me to it. These figures in this article are completely wrong. 2000 in the stand not 3000 many kids and concessions reduced stewarding and ICT will bring some fans.

Beat me to it. These figures in this article are completely wrong. 2000 in the stand not 3000 many kids and concessions reduced stewarding and ICT will bring some fans.

They will, probably Dumbarton levels

7 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Hibs never took an away fans anywhere else? All relative. If we have lost 80-100k so have most of the others therefore it is not relevant as all budgets at all clubs will be adjusted accordingly

Dunfermline have lost 2 Massive Hibs away crowds and 2 Fire derby crowds.

St Mirren have lost their 2 biggest away crowds and No parachute payment this season. Doubt they budgeted to finish bottom half last season too.

Dundee Utd have also lost their 2 biggest away crowds and are down to the smaller 2nd season parachute payment.

8 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Oh aye, I know that. I wasn't trying to look for excuses, just trying to put a more realistic slant on the numbers.

Honestly and people wonder why some of us have been negative regarding our close season activity so far this season. Teams like St Mirren who struggled to avoid going down last season are spouting nothing but positivity from their club and management and yet a team that came second two years on the trot will be lucky to make the playoffs this year according to the manager. If you read that and hadn't bought a season ticket your money wouldn't be leaving your wallet. What do we budget for in prize money for starters? Surely coming second twice and getting 400k plus should be a bonus to begin with. Houston's statements are just like his football, turgid  and depressing.  

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Honestly and people wonder why some of us have been negative regarding our close season activity so far this season. Teams like St Mirren who struggled to avoid going down last season are spouting nothing but positivity from their club and management and yet a team that came second two years on the trot will be lucky to make the playoffs this year according to the manager. If you read that and hadn't bought a season ticket your money wouldn't be leaving your wallet. What do we budget for in prize money for starters? Surely coming second twice and getting 400k plus should be a bonus to begin with. Houston's statements are just like his football, turgid  and depressing.  

Hi Olaf!