The Falkirk FC Thread

31 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Could be a case of them concocting a story to get McKee banned given the obvious bad blood between him and Shiels during the match.

Oh ya fucker.  Honestly one of the most despicable posts I’ve ever read on this forum. 

Genuinely staggered Falkirk fans are now taking the Tonev defence. Utterly, utterly sickening. 

It's funny watching this play out. Some of our fans trying to defend the indefensible, while Pars fans try and conflate it to the equivalent of kicking somebody out of a wheelchair. If the roles were reversed it would still play out the same.  O'Hara was a bawbag in the heat of the moment and will have to accept the punishment. It was a stupid thing to do but he will learn from it.

This exactly.

O'Hara was an idiot and deserves the punishment imo. Stacking it with the punishments for violent conduct etc makes the punishments for both seem daft.

He's no great loss to the first team, is he banned from the under 20s too?

I'd say McKee is no great loss either but his replacement is Alex Harris...

8 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Re the incident. Not outraged that much as I agree that O Hara was out of order and deserves a ban.

About the 8 game ban being way too harsh and disproportionate....10.

You seem far angrier about a fringe Falkirk player getting a suspension than you are about the same player staining Falkirk's reputation.

Your club is not in a position to be embarrassing sponsors with negative headlines. Luckily, O'Hara appears to have realised how moronic he's been and hopefully he learns from it.

Guest Back Post Misses
The only significantly interesting thing in that article is clarification that Steven McLean did NOT hear what was said at the time and only reported it after being informed later by Dunfermline players and management. This explains why it wasnt dealt with immediately though still not really why it took 5 weeks. It also however means it must have been much harder to prove if none of the officials heard it.
Also a suggestion O'Hara asked to have his case brought forward and a hint that he pled guilty whilst McKee isnt going to. I doubt McKee protesting innocence will affect his ban if proven. Its not likely to be any more than O'Hara got.

I think MCKee will either get off or a much shorter ban

You seem far angrier about a fringe Falkirk player getting a suspension than you are about the same player staining Falkirk's reputation.
Your club is not in a position to be embarrassing sponsors with negative headlines. Luckily, O'Hara appears to have realised how moronic he's been and hopefully he learns from it.

If the ban had been proportionate it probably would not have attracted the sensationalist headlines.

Further if Dunfermline had not ran to the referee like bleating lambs for schoolboy level behaviour we probably would not be spending much time on the whole issue.

IO Hara was out of order and should have been sent off. Poor officiating IMO

I feel the same issue re this irrespective if it was a Falkirk or another teams player that was accused

If the ban had been proportionate it probably would not have attracted the sensationalist headlines.

Further if Dunfermline had not ran to the referee like bleating lambs for schoolboy level behaviour we probably would not be spending much time on the whole issue.

IO Hara was out of order and should have been sent off. Poor officiating IMO

I feel the same issue re this irrespective if it was a Falkirk or another teams player that was accused

Maybe if your players quit with the diving, fan taunting and disability mocking, and your fans quit the coin throwing, there would be nothing to be called out for?

Schoolboy level behaviour, exactly, he’s old enough to know better.

#yourtime

21 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

1) The story was backpage of the Sun (or the Record?) before any punishment had been handed out.

2) Don't know what your school was like but no one was ever that much of a cretin at mine. 

Again though, you're far more critical of Dunfermline players telling the ref about the abuse than the abuse itself. 

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

I think MCKee will either get off or a much shorter ban

He might. I have offered no view on McKee's potential punishment as I dont know what he said (although I suspect you know more than you are saying here so you probably have some idea). What I said was his punishment wont be any different because he pleads Not Guilty.

Guest Back Post Misses
He might. I have offered no view on McKee's potential punishment as I dont know what he said (although I suspect you know more than you are saying here so you probably have some idea). What I said was his punishment wont be any different because he pleads Not Guilty.

Ok, not convinced MCKee’s comments were as bad as O’Hara’s.

So i will grant some of the Fifers comments on here but where do you draw the line, O Hara was responsible for say comments to Shiels but on that logic surely Dunfermline are just as culpable for racial abuse directed at Hippolyte and Austin from their fans.  You still get Celtic with the IRA songs and Sevco being up to their knees in ****** blood but nothing is done about them so where do you actually draw the line with any of it as all are just as equally as bad.
Its a snow flake generation where everyone is offended by something in fact f**k it lets go for safe spaces at football stadiums for those that cant stand the chants etc directed at them.

Scarily close to ‘Brexit means Brexit’ territory here.

Am not condoning mocking Shiels disability its the fact no matter what someones opinion or thoughts are your guaranteed to offend someone. But as i mentioned if its good enough to punish O Hara for mocking Shiels then its good enough for Dunfermline as a club to be punished for racial abuse by their own fans for abuse directed at 2 Falkirk players for having a different skin colour. as your saying its not ok to mock a mans disability but feel free to hurl racial abuse.

Getting closer.

Are you trying to tell me you have never in your life said something that offended someone or mocked someone for race, religion body size mentally challeneged etc gtf .
like i say lot of folk that claim to be holier than thou on this one that have never uttered a bad word against anyone or said anything in jest to anyone.

Certified ‘Brexit means Brexit’ type found.