The Falkirk FC Thread

18 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Why would he walk away from a full time contract if we didn't? 

He will be going nowhere if he stays and rotting in the reserve league as we have seen with Hartley he will hang him out to dry, if he has any ambition he will have to work his way up score 20+ goals in lower league. I cant see it happening for him, the boat has sailed in my opinion.

I heard O'Hara has signed a 1yr contract, so that will please you, overall the meeting tonight wasnt wow and nothing that I already knew tbh just I felt Hartley came across well , talk is cheap but for once he wasnt the mumbling crabby person we all see on pre match or post match on Falkirk tv.....roll on the summer

I've nothing against the lad personally, but I am 100% sure we will be nowhere near getting promoted next season if Kevin O'Hara has signed a contract extension. This 'biggest budget ever' can't be very big if this is the standard of player we're going to have. You could pick a random striker from any league 2 team and he would score more goals for us in a season than O'Hara.

Why would he walk away from a full time contract if we didn't? 

Plenty did it in January.

If he gets another club he could potentially get more with a part pay off at Falkirk

15 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

I've nothing against the lad personally, but I am 100% sure we will be nowhere near getting promoted next season if Kevin O'Hara has signed a contract extension. This 'biggest budget ever' can't be very big if this is the standard of player we're going to have. You could pick a random striker from any league 2 team and he would score more goals for us in a season than O'Hara.

We managed to win the league the last time with the likes of mark ramsay and ryan mcstay on the books. Id be worried if o'hara was going  to be a starter every week but you certainly cant say we wont get promoted just because hes perhaps signed. Id expect most of his appearances to be in the reserve team if he has.

We won the league with Andy Rodgers as the fourth striker behind Coyle, a gangly Lee Miller and an untried Collin Samuel.

26 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

based on one player, who wont be a first choice unless he forces it by performing

Not much was said at meeting other than deadline for those who have contract offers have to let him know Friday or we will say bye(includes Sibbs in that albeit we have an option), he wants players committed to Falkirk. Hartley confirmed Robson signed today and Friday all will be revealed who is staying or not.

He said he made Loy not part of his plans but they will take a look at the situation pre season and assess it, he isnt exactly gonna say he isnt part of his plans with him having another year in contract, pretty much said the same re Harris.

Scout down south takes in 40 games a month

He will be working on two formations next season but on the whole players to be adaptable and he felt the club needed a shake up with players and perhaps grew tired with what he inherited and that no one likes change, which is what he instilled throughout.

As I said earlier, I was more impressed with Hartley than the info that came out, majority was pretty much known and the work has just started in the rebuild

Edited by MrDust

1 minute ago, Crawford Baptie said:

We won the league with Andy Rodgers as the fourth striker behind Coyle, a gangly Lee Miller and an untried Collin Samuel.

Andy Rodgers was nowhere near good enough but at least scored 2 goals in 33 (mostly sub) appearances. O'Hara has had more appearances that that and hasn't looked like scoring a goal for 3 years.

1 minute ago, MrDust said:

based on one player, who wont be a first choice unless he forces it by performing

Not much was said at meeting other than deadline for those who have contract offers have to let him know Friday or we will say bye(includes Sibbs in that albeit we have an option), he wants players committed to Falkirk. Hartley confirmed Robson signed today and Friday all will be revealed who is staying or not.

He said he made Loy not part of his plans but they will take a look at the situation pre season and asses it, he isnt exactly gonna say he isnt part of his plans with him having another year in contract, pretty much said the same re Harris.

Scout down south takes in 40 games a month

He will be working on two formations next season but on the hole players to be adaptable and he felt the club needed a shake up with players and perhaps grew tired with what he inherited and that no one likes change, which is what he instilled throughout.

As I said earlier, I was more impressed with Hartley than the info that came out, majority was pretty much known and the work has just started in the rebuild

It's not just based on one player signing, it's about the standard of player we're going to have. If we're choosing to resign strikers who've never scored a goal in their career, that would indicate Hartley doesn't have the budget to bring in the 'better quality' he wants.

Just now, EdiBairn said:

It's not just based on one player signing, it's about the standard of player we're going to have. If we're choosing to resign strikers who've never scored a goal in their career, that would indicate Hartley doesn't have the budget to bring in the 'better quality' he wants.

How does re signing one player equate to the budget we have ?

2 minutes ago, MrDust said:

How does re signing one player equate to the budget we have ?

Because I'm guessing that Hartley wouldn't be choosing to sign a striker with no goals in 43 appearances if he had the funds to bring in better.

Andy Rodgers was nowhere near good enough but at least scored 2 goals in 33 (mostly sub) appearances. O'Hara has had more appearances that that and hasn't looked like scoring a goal for 3 years.

You’re splitting hairs and being a bit dickish. Suck it up and deal with it and support the players or f**k off and watch some other team.

3 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Because I'm guessing that Hartley wouldn't be choosing to sign a striker with no goals in 43 appearances if he had the funds to bring in better.

it doesnt mean our budget is poor, it says we obviously are keeping someone Hartley has seen enough in to push for a starting place in what is a squad game, he is by no means our first choice for next season, as Hartley alluded to tonight we will spend the budget wisely 

2 minutes ago, Crawford Baptie said:

You’re splitting hairs and being a bit dickish. Suck it up and deal with it and support the players or f**k off and watch some other team.

I guess you'll be quite happy to "suck it up and support" Alex Harris in the squad next season then...