The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses

The sad thing about Saturday is that the first two names on the team sheet every week now will be the two Scottish premier loanees. We have planned this English raid since last November and we seem to have failed to bring in the quality trumpeted. In the 5 games I have seen little to get us “off our seats” as per the rhetoric

The sad thing about Saturday is that the first two names on the team sheet every week now will be the two Scottish premier loanees. We have planned this English raid since last November and we seem to have failed to bring in the quality trumpeted. In the 5 games I have seen little to get us “off our seats” as per the rhetoric
Leave aside the standard and all too easy "knicker wetter/happy clapper" patter for a second, but you genuinely sound to me like on some level you want us to fail. Your pists since Saturday have read like an I told you so that you were itching to dish out

Leave aside the standard and all too easy "knicker wetter/happy clapper" patter for a second, but you genuinely sound to me like on some level you want us to fail. Your pists since Saturday have read like an I told you so that you were itching to dish out

100% not the case with BPM. Die hard fan who is just worried we aren’t gonna be good enough, again.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
29 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Of course he is.  It’s further ammunition for his little agenda, isn’t it?  It’s August, we’re not top of the league, the experiment has failed, the board are a joke...

Guest Back Post Misses
Of course he is.  It’s further ammunition for his little agenda, isn’t it?  It’s August, we’re not top of the league, the experiment has failed, the board are a joke...

Very good. The old agenda one. I hope 100% I am wrong.

The club has tried everything since we got relegated. This is about plan 4 or 5. If it doesn’t work at what point will supporters like you actually look to where the issues of the club lie? If they get it right, I will be pleased. To clarify getting it right is getting promoted nothing less.

Guest Back Post Misses

Been very supportive of Hartley. He saved the club last season and took difficult decisions to clear out players taking the piss.

I said all along he should be judged on his side of this season. I am genuinely shocked at how poor the standard of player that has come in is IMO. It is early but whether you judge on one or five games very few can disagree it has not been good.

I haven’t called for Hartley’s head and won’t. It is way too early for that. However if it all goes wrong then we have some serious issues as a club looming.

I so wish I am wrong.

Watched that goal again on Falkirk TV and I am at a loss as to why McLean has disallowed it. If anything it looks like the Inverness players have collided with each other.

That's the fine margins we are dealing with. The goal gets given and we get a point or even go on to win the game and the players and us get a bit of a lift and instead of the gloom on here we have a bit of positivity.

I can understand some of the cautious/negative comments about the standard of player we have brought in but in my opinion it is way too early to be hitting the panic button.

There wasn't much between the teams on Saturday, we just need to be doing more in an attacking sense which for me could be remedied by playing 2 up front with wingers getting decent balls into them. I also think he needs to get the defence settled and stop trying to shoe horn 4 centre backs in there.

Keep the faith.

15 hours ago, DeeBairn said:

It's a very small squad. I don't think some people realise the non first team guys that have left. Kinda why I chuckle when people say stuff like "why have we signed another midfielder/target man?" because quite simply there isn't anyone left in the reserves apart from rookies and outcasts.

We've got 24 first team players just now.  That doesn't include youths like Mutch or Dunne.

In the centre of midfield we have Paton, Irving, Owen-Evans, Sammut, Froxylias, Kidd, McKee. 7 senior players for 2 or 3 spots.

Edited by Marshmallo

11 hours ago, PB1994 said:

That’s exactly why you can’t afford a bad start. Our first 7 games ruined any chance of going for the title/play offs.

I know it’s only one game but if the league pans out like it did last season you really only have 4 or 5 games to start picking up points. Anymore than that and you are probably out of it.

Especially since our run of form at the end of the season is very bloody difficult to do in this league.

Yep, if you make a cunt of a start, you'll run out of games to make it up.  There's just too many teams above you that need to falter, and of course, they can't all lose when they play each other.

1 minute ago, PG.Colossus said:

And no right-back.

I remember asking Hartley at the AGM regarding the unbalanced nature of the squad that he had been landed with and he agreed and said that won't happen again and yet here we are still with no real right back and piles of players that can play in the middle of the park. Our two optins for right wing petra and harris both look hopeless and we dont have anyone left footed to play on the left wing.

12 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

We've got 24 first team players just now.  That doesn't include youths like Mutch or Dunne.

In the centre of midfield we have Paton, Irving, Owen-Evans, Sammut, Froxylias, Kidd, McKee. 7 senior players for 2 or 3 spots.

The only way you get 24 is if you count the ones who are likely on the way out as soon as we can find takers. I appreciate that from a wage point of view they have to be counted, but the only way Harris, McKee, Sheps or O'Hara are getting on the field is if the first team bus goes over a cliff. Realistically we have 5 central midfielders. Kidds only chance under Hartley appears to be as emergency fullback. Mckee doesn't even have that going for him. 

13 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

5. Shut the academy and bring in guys with public park experience to win the league. I would wager fail.

So after 1 (one) league game you are writing the season off and willing to bet we have failed already? This is next level for you BPM. 

We are only 3 points off first place.