The Falkirk FC Thread

The BOD has a very big decision to make now. I'd be perfectly willing to give Hartley a chance if there were any signs of us getting better. But there's been no improvement at all since the first game of pre-season.

I think it's fair to say we'll get nothing from County or Ayr away. 

I think Hartley has to go but we have a much bigger problem in that whoever comes in would be left with the rubbish that's been signed. 

I notice our resident happy clappers are conspicuous by their absence so far. 
Was walking home from the game so have been quiet so far. I will put myself in the happy clapper camp and admit I have been wrong. Too many of these players look way out of their depth. I am unsure if another manager could even make players out of some of them but I think it has to be worth a try.

I don't know if I'd want Hopkin as I still believe it's Martindale doing all the work, which makes me wonder if Hopkin is any good.

Being realistic, Hartley will probably get till the end of September unless he walks. If he's smart he'll do what he did when he came in last season and shore up the back line to start getting points on the board. I think it's too far gone now though. Either something will need to click in the next couple of weeks or its bye bye Hartley.

Genuinely don't enjoy campaigning for someone to lose their job but what we are witnessing cannot be allowed to continue and the BOD would be failing in their duty if they allow this disaster to go on any longer.

The support has stood by the club magnificently in the decade that we have been out of the top league but the anger evident in the stadium today shows that enough is enough.

The BOD need to put down their tea and scones and sack those responsible for this utter fucking debacle right NOW!

6 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I don't know if I'd want Hopkin as I still believe it's Martindale doing all the work, which makes me wonder if Hopkin is any good.

Being realistic, Hartley will probably get till the end of September unless he walks. If he's smart he'll do what he did when he came in last season and shore up the back line to start getting points on the board. I think it's too far gone now though. Either something will need to click in the next couple of weeks or its bye bye Hartley.

Has he not shored up the back line with his one up top formations even against seaside leagues...?

He will get till November or so in any case

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Do u think he would still be at queens if he had any interest in moving. 

Given the right contract, of course Stephen Dobbie would have come. A let down by directors and management. A star player who we should have picked up. Hartley, hurry up and walk.

11 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Whoa there cowboy.  Martindale served six years for being the right hand man in a cocaine supply ring. He was a nasty piece of work. He has ZERO background in football. He was put in place for non football reasons. Why do you think he is untouchable? He has a role, but has precious little to do with football.

5 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

The BOD need to put down their tea and scones and sack those responsible for this utter fucking debacle right NOW!

And if they do that (which they won't, as the holders of the majority of the shares do not give a toss now that they have all their cash back), there will be a hell of a lot more than the manager clearing the desks. Our wonderful CEO is conspicuous by his absence these days, I wonder why.

4 minutes ago, bairney said:

Given the right contract, of course Stephen Dobbie would have come. A let down by directors and management. A star player who we should have picked up. Hartley, hurry up and walk.

Wrong wrong wrong. Dobbie could have stayed playing in England. He wanted to play for his hometown club, not anyone else. We would never have gotten his signature. When he signed for Queens, just about everyone outside the OF wanted him.

8 minutes ago, bairney said:

Do u think we're the only club that would want him. Clubs with a lot more cash than us have tried to get him but he's happy where he is. No chance we would ever get him as he's no attachment to us and its no about money.

3 hours ago, Stainrod said:

Maybe your right but he certainly started of pish and got better once we got behind him. 

Absolutely right, he was getting booed every time he played in midfield then halfway through the season he was moved to right back and Andy Nicol moved up and he never looked back.

A few weeks ago I pointed out the risk of this ‘strategy’ and that the impact could hit us for years to come. We’ve lost our Academy for this shite and now lost the last few decent players we had, to bring in some total shitebags. It’s very clear now that the strategy has failed and no formational change is going to undo this.

I recollect someone pointing out that one or two of the players told Muirhead to shut the f**k up when he was captain during one of the Betfred games. I thought to myself that that sounds disrespectful to an experienced player and it really looks to me that there’s a few of this lot playing for themselves rather for the team.

Kinda feels to me like the heart has been ripped out of the team just now with none of our players giving a toss about the jersey.

The biggest worry in all this for me is we have given some of these players 2 year contracts and very few of them actually look like they could put in a decent performance. The manager is clueless but who is there that could make some of these players look decent. Its a magician we need not a fucking manager.