The Falkirk FC Thread

Ominously quiet on the “new players” front. Had hoped the Caddis talk might have come to something. So it looks like we have to go with the inexcusables for a while yet.

12 hours ago, MrDust said:

I have no complaints at all with McCall leaving, having turned them down probably doubling his wages first time, then for them to treble or even quadruple his wage is a no brainer, probably earned more a year than he ever did as a player.

Footballers and managers quotes of loyalty, not leaving,this is is the only club I ever....etc can at times hit them on the arse days,weeks,years later.

I just always thought that McCall was s bit more intelligent so as to avoid coming out with all that pish. Obviously I was mistaken and he's just as thick as the rest of them.

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

I just always thought that McCall was s bit more intelligent so as to avoid coming out with all that pish. Obviously I was mistaken and he's just as thick as the rest of them.

Erm..... He shat in his managers shoe

43 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Erm..... He shat in his managers shoe

Was at Dens Park of all places when he made his debut as a sub.  Super Stainrod was sitting in the Dundee directors box and I was just under where he was sitting. McColl started to warm up and the Bairns fans started 'He's blue ! He's white ! He will fill your shoes with shite. He's Ian McColl  !He's Ian McColl'  the Dundee fans started as well.  Hilarious Super Simon being the god he is was laughing as well. One of the few times in all the years I have watched football, where 2 sets of fans all laughed and joined in with the joke. Jeffries,  Brown and Houston in the dugout ( not exactly a cheery line up ) were even laughing as well.  Great memory of a good time to be a Bairns fan.

14 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Was at Dens Park of all places when he made his debut as a sub.  Super Stainrod was sitting in the Dundee directors box and I was just under where he was sitting. McColl started to warm up and the Bairns fans started 'He's blue ! He's white ! He will fill your shoes with shite. He's Ian McColl  !He's Ian McColl'  the Dundee fans started as well.  Hilarious Super Simon being the god he is was laughing as well. One of the few times in all the years I have watched football, where 2 sets of fans all laughed and joined in with the joke. Jeffries,  Brown and Houston in the dugout ( not exactly a cheery line up ) were even laughing as well.  Great memory of a good time to be a Bairns fan.

Was it not... 'He's white, he's blue, He shat in Simon's Shoe, Ian McCall, Ian mccall'

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Pre season at lossiemouth with Falkirk post the game, the players and management came in to the social club and joined the fans and there was bit of unplanned Q&A regarding general season plans, players etc.... My mate asked would you sign a player who shat in your shoe....no reply from Jeffries but history tells us he would !!!

The ole league cup set up has killed pre season days like lossiemouth,Elgin, Darlington and others my brain forgets for now....great weekends away

Edited by MrDust

3 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Kevin Drinkell scored in that game for us if i mind rightly

This is the time before a game that I start to get a bit positive that we can turn the corner and have learned from the Dunfermline game. It grows a bit till 2pm on Saturday when the team is announced then it’s a fast descent to the doldrums for the next five days. Repeat

2 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Buaben has to start this weekend. Dont care if he's lugging a belly and blowing oot his arse after 20 mins

Poor guy i feel sorry for him already, he's on a loser coming in he will get no help whatsover no matter who else is alongside him whether it be Paton, Sammut, Toe or McKee.  Id be tempted to put McGhee beside him but Ray might want him at the back in place of well..  anybody!