The Falkirk FC Thread

The only positive I'm taking from that defeat is I think it'll force McKinnon's hand to change the style and go for it.

What really annoys me is McKinnon kept saying before January that he was only playing that style of football because that's all he could with that squad. He's since signed a whole new group including 3 strikers and we're still playing a similar style

McKinnon has made some poor decisions and has been far too negative in many games, but 95% of the blame still sits with Hartley, that c**t of a "scout" and the two bellends who gave them carte blanche to sign a squad of dug shite. Campbell and Lang are c***s. 

This stems back to the summer CC took over. One disaster after another.

The club stinks to high heaven with the smell of failure and incompetence

To be fair the appointments made by the board ruined the season and they have to take their share of the blame. We are in serious danger of automatic relegation. The consequences of which are disastrous. Fan ownership? Hard to see fans queuing up to invest in a 1st division club.

20 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I said exactly this after the game. I think a lot of fans who originally pledged will pull out if we're relegated

f**k them then - it's my club regardless of if we're playing in the Premiership or the East of Scotland league.

49 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

McKinnon has made some poor decisions and has been far too negative in many games, but 95% of the blame still sits with Hartley, that c**t of a "scout" and the two bellends who gave them carte blanche to sign a squad of dug shite. Campbell and Lang are c***s. 

Don’t worry, you can fall back on your renowned (at this level) youth system to replace the dross. 

Oh wait, nevermind lol

Serious question here; is McKinnon actually good, given the amount of signings he was allowed to make?

We sacked AJ and then lost our best striker and a decent midfield, then signed a (4th) keeper and a loan striker and loan midfielder. We were on a trajectory to be right down with you and you were within a few points of overtaking us at one point. We went on a great run but hardly played great.

You lads however made loads of signings, replacing the comical dross Hartley signed. 

I'm not meaning to be a dick or gloating (that much). Is it just you were too far behind when McKinnon was able to make the signings? Have his signings actually been what you need? Or has he made decent signings but isn't that good a manager?

20 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Agree, get them pinned back from the first minute. Shots on target , corners, pressing game. Fans in full voice behind the team. Just like the glory days of a Brockville cup tie !

Yes!! 

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

6A7FD573-7537-4D85-AF7D-5C66305B7ABF.jpeg.8c4acd80c7e5d38149976be94ea5ef2e (1).jpeg

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I think if we go down he has to go. I wouldn't have faith in him putting out an attacking team that could win us the 1st division.

Every united fan could have told you that he played 1 up front  and plays sideways football without any tempo.

Edited by NEFarab

1 hour ago, Rocco said:

The only positive I'm taking from that defeat is I think it'll force McKinnon's hand to change the style and go for it.

What really annoys me is McKinnon kept saying before January that he was only playing that style of football because that's all he could with that squad. He's since signed a whole new group including 3 strikers and we're still playing a similar style

Trust me mate, if there is one thing he won’t do is change his style. 

Mckinnon's got a choice now - safety first shitfesting from here on leading to us getting relegated means he has to go or he can go balls to the wall and try to win our remaining games. Go down fighting and he might keep his job.

He is 100% culpable for that today. He seems to be the only one who couldn’t hear the alarm bells ringing, and for that, he deserves the criticism coming his way.

Its not over yet, but if he persists with his nonsensical tactics in the face of how badly they are failing, then we will be relegated, and deservedly so. He brought in players he (and we) felt good enough to stay in this league, and got us into 8th spot with the potential to realistically achieve 7th, but has lacked the courage to go for wins. It really is Pressley all over again.

Any changes he makes now will be little more than panic measures that he has no belief in. He has sidelined Tommy Robson who despite his limitations has a commitment to the cause that few others can match. Clearly he is a stubborn guy, and it’s that stubbornness that is going to be his downfall. He can have no complaints.

How is his record in the Championship?

From memory he has had a promotion play-off,  a mid table at Ud before being sacked and a relegation to his name. 

Now the dust has settled is he still the messiah?

3 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

How is his record in the Championship?

From memory he has had a promotion play-off,  a mid table at Ud before being sacked and a relegation to his name. 

Now the dust has settled is he still the messiah?

Seems a bit odd to characterise 4th with Rovers as a play-off but 3rd with United as midtable.