The Falkirk FC Thread

Maybe he was mate but would you drop him on one showing ??
No chance I would.

We don’t need for 3 holding midfielders. The other two are playing better IMO

.......but we all know that we have gone from “team tombola” into near enough the same thing again and again and again (with a wee twist of Zac rested against QotS so can probably plough a lone furrow again on Saturday).

Going into Saturday hoping for the best, hoping we are going out there to batter Alloa, but kind of knowing that’s not what the manager will do, and as BPM put it, yet again, we will play with the handbrake on.

Didn't think McShane played all that well but thought he was coming more on to a game when he was hooked.

I would play

Burgoyne

McKenna, Edge, Dixon

McGhee, Waddington, Osman, McShane, Robson

Todorov, Rudden

Would have had DKD in there if the silly wee cnut hadn't got himself sent off!

Team on Saturday IMO should be

Burgoyne

McGhee McKenna Edge Robson
Waddington Paton Osam Petra
Jarvis Rudden

Team will be

Burgoyne

McGhee McKenna Edge Dixon
Paton Osman McShane
Waddington Rudden Petra

I get your thinking but McShane is much more mobile than Paton ( who put in a decent shift last night ) and I would be tempted to gamble on Robson instead of Petra to get crosses in for Fucking Goals and Jarvis who with decent service could make a real mess of any defence in this league.

Bit fucked off wi DKD tbh. He hasnt earned the right to behave like a wee dick yet. Does me miss two now for that?

Since he will miss RC at home too, that would be him missing half our remaining games when he should have been a key source of creativity.

Fanny.

7 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

McShanes easily the best of the three. It should be him and either Paton or Osman. Paton and Osman together bring no creativity whatsoever.

I agree. McShane should be our playmaker in midfield sitting beside either Paton or Osman. Probably more pushed towards paton at home and Osman away. Mckinnon is trying to play mcshane further forward which is never going to work.  I certainly wouldn't drop him though as Paton and Osman offer zero creativity whatsoever behind the front two. Petra cant play out wide either . Creates the square root of feck all out there as his final ball is awful.  The other 9 are spot on.

Guest Ecosse83

It's refreshing just debating 1 or 2 positions/players rather than a whole team :lol:

If we keep playing the way we do then for me Waddington has to start, he brings something different to the table to the other 3. I'd have McShane in beside either Paton or Osman, not really fussed which one to be fair. 

Quite like the look of Waddington, it's someone that we can actually hit from goal kicks. Would be quite happy if we plant him on Liam Dick on Saturday, should get the better of him for the majority of the game. Would be handy to have DKD available to come on around 60 minutes to switch it up after that. 

Not seen much from Jarvis so far but wouldn't mind seeing him start since Rudden hasn't offered too much in the last couple of weeks. 

Almost got the better of Alloa the last time they came to the Bairnabeu if it wasn't for that shitebag Fasan, so I'm not reasonably confident of a positive result. 

Sorry, but I don’t buy this “Petra’s final ball is awful”. Yes, towards the end of the game it gets worse with tiredness however it’s not awful.
Be interesting to see his assists, along with the last few games (particularly at home) he’s put in a couple of fantastic balls where we really couldn’t have asked for more. The way he left the full back for dead last time v Alloa for Waddington’s goal is a massive asset.

4 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

Sorry, but I don’t buy this “Petra’s final ball is awful”. Yes, towards the end of the game it gets worse with tiredness however it’s not awful.
Be interesting to see his assists, along with the last few games (particularly at home) he’s put in a couple of fantastic balls where we really couldn’t have asked for more. The way he left the full back for dead last time v Alloa for Waddington’s goal is a massive asset.

By my calculations he's got nine assists. The next highest is Paton with four. Says it all about our creativity this season really.

Bit fucked off wi DKD tbh. He hasnt earned the right to behave like a wee dick yet. Does me miss two now for that?

Since he will miss RC at home too, that would be him missing half our remaining games when he should have been a key source of creativity.

Fanny.

I was fucking raging with him after the game as they got their goal right at the end of the time added on for his sending off and slow troop off the park (the bench were furiously signaling for him to get his arse off the pitch).
I would not say he was behaving like a wee dick however, it was a spontaneous reaction to scoring what would have been an absolutely crucial winner and both the crowd and players were going completely mental.
A harsh lesson for the lad and a real boot in the plums for the rest of us.

14 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

I was fucking raging with him after the game as they got their goal right at the end of the time added on for his sending off and slow troop off the park (the bench were furiously signaling for him to get his arse off the pitch).
I would not say he was behaving like a wee dick however, it was a spontaneous reaction to scoring what would have been an absolutely crucial winner and both the crowd and players were going completely mental.

I agree that it was a reaction to what was happening on the terraces and him scoring what looked like being our most important goal for a long time.

I think it was more down to that and inexperience rather than him bring a wee dick although can understand why that will be some of our fans interpretation tbh.

Nah what a load of shite. The boys scored a crucial goal in added time and he’s ran to the crowd and got sent off with seconds to go. I don’t care who it is against, id expect us to be able to manage a few minutes and see a game out. People blaming DKD need to give their head a shake.

5 year contract for the boy he’s easily the best footballer we’ve got at the club.

If we seen the game out on Tuesday nobody would really mind DKD’s celebration. Shame really cause would have been scenes at the end of the game too.

Also, falkirk TV highlights were much better without the poor commentary. Should really be kept that way.

Guest Ecosse83
2 hours ago, BooBairn said:

If we seen the game out on Tuesday nobody would really mind DKD’s celebration. Shame really cause would have been scenes at the end of the game too.

Also, falkirk TV highlights were much better without the poor commentary. Should really be kept that way.

Watch them with a bloody mute button on then :P

5 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Apparently Dobbie scored in the 6th minute of time added on. Naismith tells us that 90 seconds were added due to the celebrations and DKD's sending off. There were 3 substitutions made for us (two of them at the same time) and one made by QOS. As 30 seconds are added for each sub, that's a further 90 seconds. Neither physio made an appearance and there was no time wasting, so where the feck did the other 3 minutes added time come from?