The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Toronto Black Cat said:

Apologies it was absolutely not my intention to patronise your fan base, it was a comment on the public in general. People love to be told how great things are going to be and tend to be putty in the hands of those who sell them these pipe dreams. This is what will happen on Monday and I pray for your sake your board have the best interests of the club at heart. If they do this is all a moot point because the sale won't even get close to going through. 

Regarding this "feckin evidence", as I said earlier I have emailed one of the guys who organised the background check requesting  a copy, or at least a summary, as yet I've had no reply but given it's a work email address and it's the weekend I'm not particularly shocked by this. I can totally understand why you're turning on me because I'm an outsider coming here and telling you your business. It's your club not mine and I'm not going to pretend to have any love for it but I am a football fan and I would hate to see a club in danger through no fault of the fans. 

You could maybe explain how hes going to con us out of the no money or assets we currently have? That and the zero plans we have in progress to make any.  Or is he actually conning himself in this move?

I don't know what your clubs assests are and if I'm truthful I don't even know what your stadium is called let alone  wether you own it. All that is completely missing the point though, we didn't know what his exact plans for Sunderland where but what we did find out is that the plans he was attempting to sell the fans were downright lies and his history ranged from sketchy to downright disgraceful. That was enough to convince us that he was not a man we wanted in charge of our club and when you see the information I am 100% convinced you'll feel exactly the same.

Honestly if you want to focus your anger and swear at me that's absolutely fine. Vent if you need to. 

I've said it numerous times but it's worth repeating, if your board are remotely competent  this all a moot point and will be nothing more than a close call. 

As long as the costs of developing the surrounding area is not passed through the books of Falkirk FC leaving us in a debt ridden position and open to dissolution.....
Absolutely this. How this will be managed is the main question which needs answered tomorrow.

38 minutes ago, Toronto Black Cat said:

Regarding this "feckin evidence", as I said earlier I have emailed one of the guys who organised the background check requesting  a copy, or at least a summary, as yet I've had no reply

What, you haven't read it, even a summary? Call me amazed.

Edited by welshbairn

Just now, Toronto Black Cat said:

I don't know what your clubs assests are and if I'm truthful I don't even know what your stadium is called let alone  wether you own it. All that is completely missing the point though, we didn't know what his exact plans for Sunderland where but what we did find out is that the plans he was attempting to sell the fans were downright lies and his history ranged from sketchy to downright disgraceful. That was enough to convince us that he was not a man we wanted in charge of our club and when you see the information I am 100% convinced you'll feel exactly the same.

Honestly if you want to focus your anger and swear at me that's absolutely fine. Vent if you need to. 

I've said it numerous times but it's worth repeating, if your board are remotely competent  this all a moot point and will be nothing more than a close call. 

I just would like to see what this guy is about and as you say if he isnt the right man this will be found out whe due dilligence is carried out by the sfa and our board. Im quite happy to go with their findings and not the findings of a deranged guy photographing twitter or some boy whose been paid by a few boys tk rake up shit. I'd be more interested tk hear whst stuart donald has to say as he seems very quiet on the whole thing. I would have thought he wouldve publicly warned any clubs off these guys if they were the massive sheisters you and your mates seem to think they are.

The problem here is you continue to offer nothing more than those that harp on about low level goings on in the Bexley area.
If i’m to be concerned it might have more to do with who is funding him from the Far East tbh.

4 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I'd be more interested to hear what stuart donald has to say as he seems very quiet on the whole thing. I would have thought he wouldve publicly warned any clubs off these guys if they were the massive sheisters you and your mates seem to think they are.

100% this. 

Won't look good on Sunderlands directors if he turns out to be untrustworthy and they kept quiet.

If he does indeed prove to be the fantasist some claim him to be, then whether or not he is dropped like a hot potato, our MSG would have surpassed themselves in the incompetence stakes by merely granting him preferred bidder status.

Given this is hard nosed business......an area most of our MSG would profess to being their area of expertise, then allowing this to get even this far will make them look extremely foolish (again). Say it ain’t so Joe.

Just now, Sgt Bilko said:

100% this. 

Won't look good on Sunderlands directors if he turns out to be untrustworthy and they kept quiet.

As the MSG claim to have the interests of the club at heart then I'm sure the phone call to Sunderland has already been made!

I just would like to see what this guy is about and as you say if he isnt the right man this will be found out whe due dilligence is carried out by the sfa and our board. Im quite happy to go with their findings and not the findings of a deranged guy photographing twitter or some boy whose been paid by a few boys tk rake up shit. I'd be more interested tk hear whst stuart donald has to say as he seems very quiet on the whole thing. I would have thought he wouldve publicly warned any clubs off these guys if they were the massive sheisters you and your mates seem to think they are.

Since we have talked to this guy since March or April you would hope we are not just starting now on checking him out

3 minutes ago, Sgt Bilko said:

100% this. 

Thing is, the Sunderland FC BoD are not the fraud squad. I doubt very much if not dobbing in a questionable “businessman” to a tier 3 football club in another country would affect their standing in the slightest.

2 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

I might be missing something but checking companies house for companies he owns when he has American investments... 🤔

And we're not looking for a riches beyond imagination type here, more the risk of a Calum Melville than a Craig Whyte or Charles Greene. Someone who has done quite well for himself in property and maybe has some backers won't necessarily hit the top regions of google search. It's obviously wise to be cautious until his money is on the table, and information about reserves if needed, and its source transparent, but the random attacks from suspiciously motivated sources with zero evidence warm me to him if anything. 

9 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Thing is, the Sunderland FC BoD are not the fraud squad. I doubt very much if not dobbing in a questionable “businessman” to a tier 3 football club in another country would affect their standing in the slightest.

Agree with you statement no need to worry about us minnows. I'd like to think maybe they'd report to a higher football authority if indeed this person/consortium are as unscrupulous as a lot of people are making out. 

The next few weeks will be interesting and hopefully won't take too much away from our first game on Saturday. 

Hopefully change will happen, were due a bit of luck.

Edited by Sgt Bilko
Grammar

Been in a drunken stag do stupor for 3 days and I’ve missed most of the goings on, tried to go back a few pages but it’s not made things any clearer. I’m getting the fear with this guy, however John park is a decent guy and I wouldn’t think he’d ruin the reputation he has getting into bed with a potential con man. I keep seeing there’s a fans meeting, I think I’d like to go to that.

12 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

No but their fans will have wanted to know why the deal at Sunderland failed to go through. A statement from the bod explaining that the guy wasn't all he said he was explains that clearly to them but they've no said anything.

Apologies it was absolutely not my intention to patronise your fan base, it was a comment on the public in general. People love to be told how great things are going to be and tend to be putty in the hands of those who sell them these pipe dreams. This is what will happen on Monday and I pray for your sake your board have the best interests of the club at heart. If they do this is all a moot point because the sale won't even get close to going through. 
Regarding this "feckin evidence", as I said earlier I have emailed one of the guys who organised the background check requesting  a copy, or at least a summary, as yet I've had no reply but given it's a work email address and it's the weekend I'm not particularly shocked by this. I can totally understand why you're turning on me because I'm an outsider coming here and telling you your business. It's your club not mine and I'm not going to pretend to have any love for it but I am a football fan and I would hate to see a club in danger through no fault of the fans. 

Is this guy on one of your forums? What's his username?