The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Jackie Myles said:

Christ almighty. We're down to the bare bones the night . 4 centrehalfs injured and others missing. Bench full of inexperienced boys. Even after all that we should be winning one nil as it was never a pen in a hundred years. 

Any idea if any of the centre half’s (Watson apart) are back for Montrose ?

Guest Ecosse83
1 minute ago, 1876 ffc said:

So we just accept mediocrity from now on?

Calm yerself down man, we’re down to the bare bones with hopefully reinforcements still to come. Mcglynn was never going to come in and wave a magic wand. Did we even finish with a centre back in the pitch? 

Pretty poor in all honesty from us. Tbh I thought the defence did pretty well especially given the injuries there.

The bigger worry for me is in attack- Morrison was really our only creative outlet which Bonnyrigg quickly nullified. Hopefully Kennedy and Alegría will give us more quality there but I am concerned about where the goals and creativity are going to come from.

Callumn Morrison is absolutely enfuriating to watch, constantly makes the wrong decision when it comes to the final ball. I didn't think we were horrific tonight compared to some of the performances we witnessed last season but by god we're short all over the park.

Guest Ecosse83
3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

So we just accept mediocrity from now on?

I’ll take a drab 0-0 of it nets us 50k 🤣

Guest Ecosse83
1 minute ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Morton did us a wee favour by winning on penalties

Not really. We still need a point, expecting Morton to best Bonnyrigg by a good few goals. 

6 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Callumn Morrison is absolutely enfuriating to watch, constantly makes the wrong decision when it comes to the final ball. I didn't think we were horrific tonight compared to some of the performances we witnessed last season but by god we're short all over the park.

I’ve said in previous posts that this guy serves a performance every ten or so games, any decent offer I’d take in a minute.

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I’ve said in previous posts that this guy serves a performance every ten or so games, any decent offer I’d take in a minute.

Last week v hibs had the ball down the corner he fired a shot about 15 yards wide and hibs had a chance right after, nae brains sometimes.

If we can’t beat Clyde to get into the knockouts then we don’t deserve anything, 50k minimum prize money plus potential tv and gate monies on the line. 

These games are putting in great foundations for the season to come.  Still managed to stay pretty solid even with 3 left backs in the defence. Winning the group would be a fantastic achievement for a league one club and yet some folk still aren't happy.  Once everyone's signed and fit then let's judge the side properly . At the moment we're doing pretty well considering injuries and the fact we still have squad places to fill.

Just now, gav-ffc said:

Last week v hibs had the ball down the corner he fired a shot about 15 yards wide and hibs had a chance right after, nae brains sometimes.

If we can’t beat Clyde to get into the knockouts then we don’t deserve anything, 50k minimum prize money plus potential tv and gate monies on the line. 

A draw does us on Saturday. Don't even need to win the shootout.

3 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Coaches these days forever talk about analysis, sit him down infront of a screen tomorrow and make him watch every chance he fluffed. The shot from about 30 yards out that he clearly doesn't have in the locker was my least favourite. Oliver was screaming at him for not cutting it back for the one he nipped inside the right back after a Mcginn pass over the top.