The Falkirk FC Thread

13 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

I actually put this forward as a suggestion for a strip to mark the opening of the KM Stand however the strip had been chosen before then. Still think it would make a cracking top and as next year marks the 20th year since leaving Brockville it would be a fitting memento. 

The bottom image looks waaaay too much like Kenny Sansom in an Engurland strip for my liking.

2 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

The bottom image looks waaaay too much like Kenny Sansom in an Engurland strip for my liking.

Just the home top that I was meaning. A modern version of that would be mint. 

Guest Back Post Misses
2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Tinpot as f**k.

I think it is good for us. Make sure the game is now played in a midweek always give FT teams an advantage IMO 

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Possibly but I was looking forward to it - its also a lovely day.

Would rather game was played of course but at least when it is played we will likely have both CH’s back 

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The Puma French World Cup Strip is a good one.

Tone of blue and the cut of the collar are classy.

Aye however it is Nike who is the manufacturer

Got to say the latest Falkirk FC Podcast is well worth a listen. Really interesting insight into how the academy’s doing and how recruitment takes place.

Great explanation too of why the current board were absolutely right to delay moving up to a higher SFA tier as some wanted until 2026. The next stage requires teams at every age group from under 9 with numerous full time staff, which wouldn’t have been a wise use of cash in our current situation.

Really pleased to hear Tony Begg say that the only reason the academy exists is to support and produce players good enough to play for the first team. That’s important in my view as we’re not a charity and some had lost sight of that under the previous academy.

It seems like the youth development system is being re-established in a sustainable and affordable way.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

14 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Got to say the latest Falkirk FC Podcast is well worth a listen. Really interesting insight into how the academy’s doing and how recruitment takes place.

Great explanation too of why the current board were absolutely right to delay moving up to a higher SFA tier as some wanted until 2026. The next stage requires teams at every age group from under 9 with numerous full time staff, which wouldn’t have been a wise use of cash in our current situation.

Really pleased to hear Tony Begg say that the only reason the academy exists is to support and produce players good enough to play for the first team. That’s important in my view as we’re not a charity and some had lost sight of that under the previous academy.

It seems like the youth development system is being re-established in a sustainable and affordable way.

Who wanted a full blown Academy from day 1? 

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Who wanted a full blown Academy from day 1? 

Nobody with any organization competence. Moduled timelines getting each piece of the jigsaw right before committing more resources to other things. Foremost must be the welfare and well being of the young people who have trusted the club with their football future therefore it must be done right.

It would be a 5 - 6 season project with the objective of 2-4 first-team players minimum breaking through each season, establishing themselves, and becoming self-financing by selling them on to fulfill their potential and have a rewarding career.

46 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Nobody with any organization competence. Moduled timelines getting each piece of the jigsaw right before committing more resources to other things. Foremost must be the welfare and well being of the young people who have trusted the club with their football future therefore it must be done right.

It would be a 5 - 6 season project with the objective of 2-4 first-team players minimum breaking through each season, establishing themselves, and becoming self-financing by selling them on to fulfill their potential and have a rewarding career.

Absolutely no way any academy could guarantee one first team standard recruit per season far less the minimum 2 to 4 that you expect.

There will always be peaks and troughs bringing through youngsters and a lad who looks a tremendous prospect at 16 may not progress to the required standard by 18 and others will be late developers.

A well run academy will be a genuine benefit to the club but don’t set unrealistic expectations.

3 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Most academy's would be delighted with one player a season establishing themselves before then selling them on.