The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Wtf does Rumarn Burrell have to do to be first name on the team sheet? He's fucking immense compared to the other options.

I know I’ll probably get pelters for this but I blame McGlynn for it.

Burrell has proved time and time he’s the best striker we have yet he’s regularly overlooked.

He will surely start at Hampden given the size of the pitch and his pace.

Dreadful second half performance. Now 1 win in 7 league games and a win percentage of 52%- a record that saw previous managers relieved of their duties. That will be irrelevant should we go up via the playoffs but for that to happen we have got to start our best striker and the mentality has to change.

Burrell has simply got to start from now on if we have any chance of gaining promotion. I’d also be seriously considering  bringing PJ back in as Kinnear is costing us too many goals.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

It’s up to the manager to come up with a formation that works. Burrell is the only player we have with striker credentials, and it’s time for McGlynn to earn his corn and come up with something that works.

I have said it before, but we now have more in common results wise to Raith Rovers than anything else. Today was yet another overly cautious set up that is now failing us time and time again. I see little real progression in the last 20 or so games.

He has been a steadying hand this season, no doubt about it. After four or five consecutive dodgy managerial appointments, McGlynn has at least been able to stop the rot, but for me, that’s about it.

We only have to look across the Forth to see the manner in which Dunfermline have gone about getting out of this league to see just how far we are off it.……..and it’s miles.

In here cos the match thread is a binfire again....

McGlynn needs to sort out the focus and concentration. That second half we were asking for trouble, and you can't Offord to simply hand over a goal the way we did for the penalty. That was real clown stuf. That said, there's nothing to fear really from Airdrie based on that though I expect better from both teams. 

Too many players seem to be of the opinions that they don't need to work at 100% still for me. All will be forgiven if 100% comes back in 2 weeks, but its not easy to kick back up the gears. Second half, the desire to get to second balls and the general.tempo were sorely lacking.

Was pretty pleased at half time, a goal up and containing Airdrie without any problems really, especially given how many goals they have scored recently.

Very poor in the second half though, the same old weakness at set pieces and lack of organisation against a team if they retain possession for more than 2 minutes. 

Need to start with the diamond formation and 2 up front for the rest of the season as we simply cannot be trusted to keep a clean sheet. 

Tricky one as you can see why mcglynn went with this team as apart from max replacing nesbitt it was the one that won at a canter over there and most of us would see max as a considerable upgrade on nesbitt. First half we controlled the game got in front and airdrie didn't muster very much at all. Second half we again switch off for ten mins and the players have to take responsibility for that.  A draw suits us more than them so it's not all bad and now we've got 3 games to get us sorted for Airdrie in the playoffs. 

That’s the league done, officially

Now we have to use the next few weeks to ensure we go into the playoffs with that thing we’ve missing for a few weeks- a clue! I do have faith that we’ll prevail although it may not seem like it now.

Well done Dunfermline, enjoy yourselves this weekend - and do keep it to yourselves 😉

48 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I know I’ll probably get pelters for this but I blame McGlynn for it.

Burrell has proved time and time he’s the best striker we have yet he’s regularly overlooked.

He will surely start at Hampden given the size of the pitch and his pace.

Why would you get pelters? There’s no one else you can blame for Burrell not starting. 

Edited by Rugster

As much as getting to the cup semi is a bonus we have hardly kicked a ball in the league since, it's been way more of a distraction than I think anyone could have imagined. This season has the potential to be fantastic regarding promotion and getting to a cup final ( which we won't win) but it looks very much like we are just going through the motions at the minute and that's a worry.