The Falkirk FC Thread

40 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Mad that Mcglynn never played Burrell, pissed him off so much that he decided to go elsewhere, then threw him in for both crunch playoff games, where his head or heart wouldn’t be in it. I don’t care if Burrell is maybe a bit of a fanny - that is absurd management 

Nothing like re- inventing history eh?! 🤦‍♀️ 

10 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

If Burrells head or heart weren’t in those games then it is absolutely the right call to empty him.

Absolutely. He looked the real deal in the first match against Dunfermline, played out wide. He was never ever going to be a good target man for McGlynn's one man up front tactics.

Playing Oliver before him in several matches, bringing in Allan and Wright and then Agyemon, it was clear that the writing was always on the wall for him with respect to McGlynn's thoughts. No real surprise that his head and heart weren't in it, when it was obvious he wasn't wanted and not getting played to his strengths.

In hindsight, I think we may regret letting him go to a team who knows how to use his pace. 

1 minute ago, JinkyBairn said:

Cannot believe Brad McKay is still here.

I can only imagine the contract Gary Holt has him on. Not a chance he'll get anything remotely near what we're paying him for another season.

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

I can only imagine the contract Gary Holt has him on. Not a chance he'll get anything remotely near what we're paying him for another season.

I thought that this year and there he was starting at Hampden and in the play offs.

Guy is a genuine bomb scare at the back. Donaldson too.

Not sure about the Burrell lack of heart chat. He was the reason to give us some hope against Airdrie and almost got us back in to the Semi-Final. He runs tirelessly but we just never set up to his strengths. 

The young lad Carroll knew exactly where to put the ball for Burrell in his short cameos and even assisted a goal for him. The rest I’ve seen has been him chasing scraps or getting the balls in areas where he has less effect. 

Would have loved to see him stay but he’s been a bit wasted under McGlynn. 

Edited by Van_damage

2 minutes ago, JinkyBairn said:

Cannot believe Brad McKay is still here.

Time yet . We've booted the ones we can boot easily without any negotiations etc. It'll take longer to organise moving on those still under contract. We've punted most of the squad players from last season mcglynn now needs to get better first xi players in so that the players from this year's xi are becoming the squad players. 

In his interview in the herald mcglynn stared that positions like right back and goalkeeper would need to be properly addressed so I'd assume that pj will be replacing paddy as our number 2 with a new number one coming in.

2 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Not sure about the Burrell lack of heart chat. He was the reason to give us some hope against Airdrie and almost got us back in to the Semi-Final. He runs tirelessly but we just never set up to his strengths. 

The young lad Carroll knew exactly where to put the ball for Burrell in his short cameos and even assisted a goal for him. The rest I’ve seen has been him chasing scraps or getting the balls in areas where he has less effect. 

Would have loved to see him stay but he’s been a bit wasted under McGlynn. 

He was hardly murdo MacLeod when he shat the bed getting out the way of the ball last Tuesday night.

27 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Any on that list with the potential for a full ATS transformation under McCabe or all haddies?

I'd take Burrell tbh, if utilised correctly he could be very decent. 

51 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

Would be all over Shaun Byrne from Dundee if that’s a possibility. 

Time to wake up mate! If Sean Byrne leaves Dundee he'll be back to KY12 with Mr McPake.

Seen a page on Twitter saying Burrell is rumoured to be coming our way. He clearly spat the dummy for not getting much game time (he probably had a case) but McPake won't take on those types that think they're more important. There was a fans meeting last Wednesday and he was asked about the work that goes in before signing a player, he and the club definitely do their homework.

15 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

He was hardly murdo MacLeod when he shat the bed getting out the way of the ball last Tuesday night.

I’ve no idea what else you expect Burrell to do? He chased a lost cause and put himself in to a position to get wiped out by the keeper. How is that crapping the bed? 

At 5:05

1 minute ago, FalkirkLad said:

At what point does someone stop not being used properly and start just no being good enough? Touch of an elephant and a shitebag into the bargain. Won’t take a hard search to find better than him. 

Burrell isn’t a world beater by a long shot but I still think we could’ve done a lot more to fit him into our style of play. He’s a better option than Oliver for me but that’s my opinion 

11 minutes ago, Albertobotswana said:

I think we need 5 players, for next season.

A GK, replacements for Brad, Coll and a new RB and central midfielder as a minimum. We can't surely go another season watching those 2 CBs?? 

Any idea who is going to score our goals?