The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Believe The Hype said:

Mind some poster said they were utterly terrified about McGlynn’s recruitment 🫢

Just makes the renewing of Nesbitt and signing of Maciver even more bizarre tbh.

The box office bairns are back. 

Thought Spencer & Lang would have had better options than us so it's great to get them signed up for two years. Calvin Miller adds some much needed pace and also managed 5 assists in just half a season for Morton last year.

Lang and Spencer are two very, very good signings for this level and should stroll it. I didn't have much doubt mcglynn wouldn't take you up next season but this goes a long way to helping that. 

Edited by grumswall

Maybe looking something like this? Not sure if Allan or Henderson would be considered as starters but the team is starting to come together nicely.

Hogarth

RB Donaldson Lang McCann

Spencer Henderson McGinn

Morrison Allan Miller

Subs: GK2, Mackie, McKay, Yeats,  Nesbitt, Lawall, MacIver, Agyeman, Oliver

Edited by ilostmyself

Getting business done early, to a good standard is very pleasing. 

One area I think McGlynn is superior to most if not all recent managers is his use of the loan market and budgetary constraints aside, that's all also still to come. 

We still need to add sensibly but we have been on about needing to sign starters. These 3 look nailed on starters so that's just a day of genuinely good business. 

Not the most clued up on the financial situation but signing more players on 2 year deals after spending the last year moaning that you can’t get rid of half the squad because they were on 2 year deals does seem very odd to me, no matter how good the players are on paper. Good signings right enough but just seems a big risk to me.

Edited by AlloaAdam

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Getting business done early, to a good standard is very pleasing. 

One area I think McGlynn is superior to most if not all recent managers is his use of the loan market and budgetary constraints aside, that's all also still to come. 

We still need to add sensibly but we have been on about needing to sign starters. These 3 look nailed on starters so that's just a day of genuinely good business. 

Three good signings. Sadly, it'll only take them to touch the ball, maybe 5 or 6 times, before some of our fans write them off as shit!

18 first team players now, so still room for 2-4 signings to take us up to the 20/22 the board mentioned in a previous statement. A GK, RB, CM & a striker next please John. 

Goalkeeper
Nicky Hogarth
Owen Hayward (A)

Defender
Tom Lang
Coll Donaldson
Liam Henderson
Sean Mackie
Brad Mckay
Leon Mccann
Logan Sinclair (A)

Midfielder
Brad Spencer
Stephen McGinn
Finn Yeats
Ola Lawal
Aidan Nesbitt
Callumn Morrison
Calvin Miller
Pearse Carroll (A)
Scott Honeyman (A)
Rhys Walker (A)

Striker
Alfredo Agyeman
Jordan Allan
Ross MacIver
Gary Oliver

5 minutes ago, AlloaAdam said:

Not the most clued up on the financial situation but signing more players on 2 year deals after spending the last year moaning that you can’t get rid of half the squad because they were on 2 year deals does seem very odd to me, no matter how good the players are on paper. Good signings right enough but just seems a big risk to me.

Understand the point, but have less of an issue with it when it’s comes to these signings as all have a pedigree of playing in the Championship and would likely be part of the side should we make it there.

Players like Maciver on a two-year deal (by no means writing him off btw) is far more risky.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

2 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Understand the point, but have less of an issue with it when it’s comes to these signings as all have a pedigree of playing in the Championship and would likely be part of the side should we make it there.

Players like Maciver on a two-year deal (by no means writing him off btw) is far more risky for the same reason.

was gonna post the same - I assume lot of these players/or their agents) would only agree if they got the stability of two years.   Difference in the past most people moaned cos we were getting folk like Brad Mckay who everyone knew wasn't great.  If we're signing proven players its slightly different - still no doubt once theres a few misplaced passes it will be "ffs.. we've got him on a  2 year deal"....

Arfield next please.  The small money we could afford won't matter as he's got more than enough to last him the rest of his life already.  Finishing his career at Falkirk would be a satisfying bookend for him and fantastic for us.   Come on Scott, come home, if only for this season to get us out the mire.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn