The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

What I saw of the stream today the Falkirk fans certainly made a lot of noise. Take it the Ultra lads were out in force, without wanting to start a war, has the drum been introduced yet.

Partick had a drum and yet the atmosphere in our area drum free was ten times better than the one where their bloody drum was.

28 minutes ago, GunnerBairn said:

Correct that stat was not lost on me as that’s 4 in 4 for MacIver. It’s likely the shift to full time training is really benefitting him and the likes of Alfie, by leaps and bounds. 🔥👏🏻

And in the fifth game (St Johnstone), although he didn't actually score a goal he made the only one of the game. 

Somebody played the ball forward to him on the edge of the box, with his back to goal. He chested it down, turned, drove to the byeline leaving a couple of defenders in his wake and hit it low and hard across the box. Cal was on the end of it and had plenty of time to pick his spot. 

He and Lang are the main reasons I'm optimistic about the season ahead, in spite of the early worries about squad size and injuries. We haven't brought in many players but McGlynn seems to be very good at recruitment. 

17 minutes ago, Falkirk Forever said:

I thought that the group stage awards a bonus point for a penalty win.

Yet, at time of writing, we've been put on 4 points, I had expected we'd be on 5.

https://spfl.co.uk/league/league-cup/table

Are the folk who run the League Cup unable to accurately administer their own competition?!

table.png

I've yet to find a correct set of tables. Sky has us on 4 points.,the spfl has us on 4 points and Google has us on 6 bloomin points. 

3 hours ago, third lanark said:

Well done Falkirk by far the better team including when you were reduced to 10 men.

should really have won game in 90 minutes bar a wonder strike at the end

All the best for the league 

And to the Jags, my other team

3 hours ago, Rennieball said:

Drum starts on Tuesday I believe. 

As I said before, good luck to the guys doing it. They seem to have taken the rest of the fans in to consideration and ultimately all they want is to improve the atmosphere so best of luck to them . 

Edited by Van_damage

7 hours ago, RC_Bairn said:

Read the last supporters update. It says the only reason we are full time this season is the cup run and FSS money.  If there's no cup run, external investment, promotion or a tangible increase in FSS membership this season then we won''t be full time next season.  Then there will need to be some hard choices made about whether the funding for the 'academy' continues as it is.

I did! If you think we are going to be operating on a FULLY part time basis in that worst case scenario you’re not paying attention to the facts. Please show me the quote that states this?

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Enjoyed that today! Excellent performance, a healthy support, the young team looked like they were having a ball and our new signings all looked on point. Now 3 goals in 3 games for MacAver as well. I do think McGinn looks like he’s going to struggle this season tho, games seem to be passing him by, I know McGinn is captain but I hope when he’s fit Henderson gets that berth along side Spencer in the midfield. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

2 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I did! If you think we are going to be operating on a FULLY part time basis in that worst case scenario you’re not paying attention to the facts. Please show me the quote that states this?

Exactly, and we cannot move to a fully part time basis next season with players on legacy full-time contracts anyway. 

11 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Excellent performance . Thought Lang was a colossus at the back. Just what we've needed. MacIver led the line well and Alfie was tremendous. Spencer had a cracking game before taking one for the team.  Long I'm afraid won't do .  He did well in the pen shoot out but we were fortunate that he didn't gift them more goals during the 90.  Great fight and determination shown by all . Their two fullbacks had a torrid time in the first half and Alfie then ran their big centreback ragged once he moved into the middle.  Things coming along but still early days. Ref was abysmal as per the norm. Their keeper handled outside the box and he continually gave soft free kicks against us whilst ignoring them the other way.

You forgiven him then? 😂

7 hours ago, Van_damage said:

As I said before, good luck to the guys doing it. They seem to have taken the rest of the fans in to consideration and ultimately all they want is to improve the atmosphere so best of luck to them . 

This is what people will need to remember, it's not there to annoy anyone, it's all in good faith, if it doesn't work, so be it. But good on them

Watched the highlights and didn’t realise the terrible refereeing which we seems to be following from last season. Although PTs goals were decent strikes, noticeably we didn’t do ourselves any favours with the wall and slow closing down. Alfie’s strike gets better ever time you watch, and he’s going to frustrate but on the whole brings a complete different dimension to the team. A very pleasing good display and we need to take this into Tuesdays game. 

Great game and day out, I’m sure a neutral would even have enjoyed that match.

Aggie man of the match, I hope we can get consistency from him this season and MacIver is doing a great job of leading the frontline.

I know we can’t have a keeper giving goals away, but he’s a young lad and I love how he goes for everything in the air and keeps the ball moving, hopefully with game time he gets a bit of match fit experience. 

Also, you know the fans are doing well when the opposition players are giving you gestures on the way back to the halfway line 😂👏

4 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Exactly, and we cannot move to a fully part time basis next season with players on legacy full-time contracts anyway. 

If there is a change in the way players are employed it will be in this order. Full time - Smaller squad - Hybrid Full time-Part time - Part time.

Part time is very hard to get out of and should be seen as the last resort.

4 tickets bought this morning for the Dundee United match, taking along 3 others who wouldn't normally go to boost the coffers, also to cheer us on in the hope that getting through to the next round will also boost the coffers enough to get another signing in before the window closes.

Appreciate there is nearly 3 days to go but was surprised at how few tickets have been sold so far for what is potentially the biggest game of the group.

Edited by bridge of allan bairn