The Falkirk FC Thread

On 20/07/2023 at 12:17, third lanark said:

Hi Falkirk fans

The Aitken Suite right at the front of Firhill stadium is open to all Falkirk fans before the game this Saturday from 12.30pm 

It has bar, food, family friendly- will show any English or Scottish games live on TV at lunchtime.  Just go into the front entrance at the main stand

All welcome 

thanks

We went in there before and after the game.   Great atmosphere and not bad drink prices !

Agree on Finn Yeats, he had a cracking game. Long term he may actually develop into a very decent right back as he continues to learn the position. He certainly has the energy and engine needed to play full back. I do still expect us to bring in another right back before the window closes however, even if only as competition for Finn. 

3 hours ago, Van_damage said:

A reminder  for Tuesday that Yogi, Sammy, Tiger and Andy Nicol will take to the park prior to the game to be recognised for being awarded with the named sections in the Legends Stand. 

Like the renaming of the South Stand, hopefully as many Bairns as possible turn up to honour these players for their contributions to the club. 

Sadly I don’t think the crowd is going to be too healthy although hopefully I’m wrong. From the 15 ST holders who I go with/sit beside, only 4 are going. 

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

I thought Finn was tremendous at right back yesterday I've got to say. Fitzpatrick is a decent player and apart from one moment in the first half I can't really remember him having much of a sniff.

Bit rash at times which I hope he learns from but he did a lot better than I thought he would've against Fitzpatrick. Oliver was going mental at him in the first half for flying into a tackle on the touchline instead of seeing it out for our throw in.

3 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

I see I'm sure he's not the only player whose whacked a Falkirk player previous to joining.  As I said I remember him more from gifting us a pen that day than that incident. Probably the fact that there is absolutely no commentary on that clip at all as far as I can hear makes it extremely difficult to get what you were on about.

Yes apologies for no commentary, would have made it a bit easier I guess

2 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Sadly I don’t think the crowd is going to be too healthy although hopefully I’m wrong. From the 15 ST holders who I go with/sit beside, only 4 are going. 

Not sure who sets the pricing but £15 for so early in season is daft. £10 would see many more attending. Looking at the overall attendances on Saturday numbers were very low. 

2 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

That’s ashame to hear. Club should make a bit more on the advertising about the 4 players that will be there to receive recognition. Take away the significance of the match but this is their one time to be applauded by the fans in front of their friends and family in honour of having the sections named after them. 

9 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

That’s ashame to hear. Club should make a bit more on the advertising about the 4 players that will be there to receive recognition. Take away the significance of the match but this is their one time to be applauded by the fans in front of their friends and family in honour of having the sections named after them. 

Why not have it on the first league match then? 

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Why not have it on the first league match then? 

First competitive fixture at home makes sense to me but could promote it a bit more so we can get as much of a crowd in to honour the players. 

6 hours ago, Van_damage said:

A reminder  for Tuesday that Yogi, Sammy, Tiger and Andy Nicol will take to the park prior to the game to be recognised for being awarded with the named sections in the Legends Stand. 

Like the renaming of the South Stand, hopefully as many Bairns as possible turn up to honour these players for their contributions to the club. 

Andy bringing his boots

Ps it's a joke 

I'd have had Lang as my motm yesterday, Agyeman was superb but can frustrate and at times can go down easily which makes refs question what is a foul or not.

There was times he was fouled and not given anything, perhaps because the ref was shit but part of it will be how easily he can go down.

Sibbald return on Tuesday, I'm sure it's his first return since leaving 

28 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

The first league game of the season would have been better choice 

8 minutes ago, Springfield said:

The first league game of the season would have been better choice 

Possibly but it’s been made now. Just need to try and get as many people as possible to attend. 

4 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Agree on Finn Yeats, he had a cracking game. Long term he may actually develop into a very decent right back as he continues to learn the position. He certainly has the energy and engine needed to play full back. I do still expect us to bring in another right back before the window closes however, even if only as competition for Finn. 

That plus it gives us far more options when we have injuries or suspension's. Tues night if we had another right back you then have the option of Finn in the middle of the park.