The Falkirk FC Thread

19 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

On the programme chat, I always buy a programme if I attend a game, and in the 40 odd years going to Falkirk I'd say I could count on one hand the games I haven't been able to get one. On Tuesday night against Dundee United it was one of those games, I went into the shop to see if I could get one there, I was told there was a problem with the printers and there were no programmes being sold. Hopefully its a one off. I understand programmes are likely to be phased out as they move more and more online but I still like to read one pre game and collect them.

The programme I saw from yesterday had it advertised as a joint programme for both Dundee Utd & Peterhead. 

3 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

The programme I saw from yesterday had it advertised as a joint programme for both Dundee Utd & Peterhead. 

Yes that was what I was told too, however they had none available for the first of the two games I was at. I'm assuming that was correct as it was the shop that told me when I couldn't get one outside the main stand. Just a shame for collectors, also the club misses out on some much needed income as there was over 3,000 at that United game.

9 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Yes that was what I was told too, however they had none available for the first of the two games I was at. I'm assuming that was correct as it was the shop that told me when I couldn't get one outside the main stand. Just a shame for collectors, also the club misses out on some much needed income as there was over 3,000 at that United game.

Very true yeah. 

On 28/07/2023 at 18:03, Ian Mcleod said:

Imo if you are a premiership,championship or even a full time league 1 club and you aren't getting out of the group stage in this tournament you've done poorly imo and should be doing better 

This is nonsense. Premiership, yes, absolutely. They are seeded to go through. As for the rest, in theory only 4 non Premiership sides should progress (obviously more can progress at the expense of Premier ones). There are 10 Championship sides and another 4 full time League 1 sides. Less than one third of them can go through. Its perfectly possible to play acceptably well, or even above expectations, and not go through.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

3 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Should have took the shot on first time but Yeats should have cleared the ball across and should never have let his man get the shot on the inside.

Some thumping yous took yesterday? 

Yep. ☹

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Harry, if Gary Oliver scores and Oliver’s Army from Elvis Costello isn’t blaring over the tannoy, 1, I’ll be raging and 2, the Ultras should be ashamed of themselves 😂.

They are mostly under 20 - Elvis Costello is an ancient granddad to them. Some EDM would be better (not that I want to expand this debate which I don't really care about)?

6 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

As poor as Donaldson has been we simply can't drop him when the only other option is Brad McKay. 

Fixing the defence should have been our no.1 priority in the summer. An experienced keeper, RB and 2 X centre halves were needed. Hamstrung again by long contracts stopping us from moving players like Donaldson, Mackie & McKay on in the summer. 

100% agree, I like the improvements in attack as Agyeman looks to be a talisman and MacIver looks useful alongside the addition of Miller. However, we are a couple injuries away from an absolute calamitous defence, hopefully McGlynn can utilise the loan market well in the coming weeks.

20 minutes ago, HopeStreetCadette said:

100% agree, I like the improvements in attack as Agyeman looks to be a talisman and MacIver looks useful alongside the addition of Miller. However, we are a couple injuries away from an absolute calamitous defence, hopefully McGlynn can utilise the loan market well in the coming weeks.

Miller looks very decent, better than Kennedy last season is my prediction. 

Lang and Spencer doing the basic stuff really well yesterday made the difference imo.

much better with McGinn off the pitch, he looked sluggish in that first half. Hendo done better.

If Donaldson is indeed suffering from a drop in confidence, maybe we should try supporting the guy when he's on the ball or when he makes a good clearance or whatever. I'm sure some positive noises coming from the stands would help.

If having Lang beside him instead of McKay doesn't help his game then nothing much will. But as has been mentioned if Lang gets injured your back to the same back line as last season, possibly worse considering we still don't have a recognised right back. And Mackie now out for 8 weeks. I think Long and Hogarth when fit will rotate for the starting slot because I think both with have poor days and good being young keepers. I'd also have preferred a more experienced goalkeeper, I thought MacDonald when he left Raith was an absolute stick on to sign for us.

16 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

If Donaldson is indeed suffering from a drop in confidence, maybe we should try supporting the guy when he's on the ball or when he makes a good clearance or whatever. I'm sure some positive noises coming from the stands would help.

Think it’s been said earlier, this season is one too much for many, and the capitulation/embarrassment of the Airdrie game still lingers for many. Doesn’t help that Donaldsons form has dropped like a brick which I believe fans are taking a very cheap shot at the guy for no other reason than total frustration that we blew the league and a pathetic semi final that we didn’t turn up for. 
Agree with SG need to encourage the guy as we ain’t getting in any replacements, so guys like Donaldson we need playing without worrying about a scummy b*****d wanting to see him outside the stadium.

3 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Harry, if Gary Oliver scores and Oliver’s Army from Elvis Costello isn’t blaring over the tannoy, 1, I’ll be raging and 2, the Ultras should be ashamed of themselves 😂.

Doubt if any of them will have heard a song at least twice as old as any of them.

46 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Farting against thunder hoping for that I’m afraid.

50 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Farting against thunder hoping for that I’m afraid.

Aye, I agree, sadly. 

I feel we're at the point where we all need to play our part. Too many folk still don't realise that we're a League 1 team for a reason and expect us to steam roller teams in this league. We've made some very small progress but, frustrated or not, we need to get behind the team when things aren't going well. Negativity from the crowd filters on to the field and makes things even harder. The heads dropping is very noticibale now when things go wrong, the booing was ready to be ramped up at half time yesterday and only McIver's goal stopped it. (There were still some) I think if they'd been booed off it's less likely that we would have blown Peterhead away in the fashion that we did at the start of the second.

Just catching up with the chat RE Donaldson. 

I sat with him at the awards recognition evening at the end of last season and I can safely say he’s one of the most genuine players I’ve ever met at these events. You could tell from the way he speaks he loves playing for the club and he’s his own biggest critic. He said he’d give everything he has to get us back to the championship as a bare minimum. He is clearly not your Maldini or Van Dijk and maybe we could do better , but he’s currently with us and deserves our backing. I’m disgusted to read some of our so called “fans” have acted in this way (if true).

Edited by Tea and Busquets

Same as you @Tea and Busquets, couldn’t believe what I was reading and don’t understand why anyone would do that. The discord chat mentioned that it was someone in their section, not them who was shouting it. Seems like it was someone who was angry not that that excuses it in any way. 

Edited by FFC1982
Clarity

2 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

<cough>Amarillo<cough>

<cough>Give a little respect is 35 years old<cough>

Local hero is 40 years old too and Hot Stepper is approaching 30 years! 

Think KJLK is right that it could do with some modern music but a touch of old would be nice too. 

If we’re taking requests then I want the A Team soundtrack. Not sure for who or why but if there’s the opportunity to hear that blast out just once after we score then I want to hear it, just for pure randomness. 

Edited by Van_damage