The Falkirk FC Thread

Signing Allan was mental

If McGlynn  had no intention of playing him last season, why weaken Clyde when they still had Dunfermline and Airdrie to play twice ?

The only reason to sign Allan was to instantly strengthen us, but…….. he never started  for us and he couldn’t play in the cup either.

I am convinced Mcglynn is not very bright he might be decent at playing draughts unluckily good managers are playing chess 

7 hours ago, Juan Sheet said:

If said quality rb becomes available this coming Saturday morning there isn’t any budget to sign him!! There’s no budget to sign anyone apparently. 

So who wouldn't you have signed or is jettisoning Nesbitt the only solution anyone's willing to present?

13 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Have we actually paid any of that back yet? Didn’t think it started for a month or three.

If the club were really looking for a £390,000 payment per season from FSS, then factoring in say a further £12,000 loan repayment, plus (total guess) £20,000 PayPal charges, £390,000 would become £420,000…….£14 a month from 2,500 people……..or near enough £49 a month from the existing 720.

This is what gives me the fear. Assuming FSS will stump up £390,000 in this financial climate - really?

Yesterday interest rates went up, food inflation at 8% so Joe Soap punter is getting squeezed till the pips pop.

Assume = Makes an ass of me and an ass of you and if you assume in business you go out of business.

Fingers crossed FSS pull it off because if we don't the club is in the shit.

44 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

This is what gives me the fear. Assuming FSS will stump up £390,000 in this financial climate - really?

Yesterday interest rates went up, food inflation at 8% so Joe Soap punter is getting squeezed till the pips pop.

Assume = Makes an ass of me and an ass of you and if you assume in business you go out of business.

I’ve been in several meetings with the Board where I have told them that there is no chance that FSS will raise that amount this year and that, despite public pronouncements on Board missives,that FSS will do well to get to 1,000 members by the end of the season.  Dave M has even analysed other clubs supporters schemes and you are lucky to get to a figure of 50% of full rate season ticket holders ( those who do better than this have much cheaper memberships for certain groups or lower monthly subs)  To put the onus on FSS to be the sole saviour of the club’s finances is passing the buck - if it’s a three legged stool then the other two legs have to raise 2/3rds of the deficit also. 

Edited by Roboccop

8 hours ago, Stainrod said:

I’ve been away from this forum over the close season my gut feeling from the few games I’ve seen is we are about the same as last year and it’s 50/50 whether we will go up or not.( depends on how shit the completion are ) The one thing that surprises me not only the absence of a right back but the plaudits given to Finn as a stand in . I get it that he’s still young but IMO he’s not yet good enough to play first team football & certainly not at RB . We need to dip into the loan market soon and get someone with an engine who can beat a man and put in a cross.

Wouldn't say he's been getting plaudits as such, but, as you say, given his age and the fact that he's getting played out of position, he's been doing fine IMO.

14 hours ago, Blame Me said:

If said quality RB only becomes available this coming Saturday morning should we have overlooked everyone else and an entire pre-season to ensure we had the budget for them!

Just a thought.

Nail on the head here.

Let's not make any signings at all until a right back good enough becomes available. Aye nae bother. 

McGlynn has built a good squad, there are a lot of good players at Falkirk, almost all of them well capable of playing and succeeding at L1 level. The problem for me is that he's not using them properly. The players look like they're unsure of their roles sometimes and very nervous with the playing out from the back stuff.

With all due respect to Annan, we should be putting out an attacking side tomorrow but he'll most likely play McGinn and Spencer (if available) as defensive mids and hoping that Morrison and Agyeman can profit from McIver's hold up and knock downs.

I'd play Henderson as an attacking mid with Spencer behind and Agyeman and McIver up front together.

Not likely to happen though.

1 minute ago, Blame Me said:

St. Johnstone accepting their fate before a ball has even been kicked it seems! Big Ernaldo Krasniqi in on trial 😬. Can see what he might have offered us when we had him but I can't see him excelling two levels above.

You could have said the same about Sean Kelly and Lewis Neilson who have done well. Be interesting to see how he gets on. 

4 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

You could have said the same about Sean Kelly and Lewis Neilson who have done well. Be interesting to see how he gets on. 

Will give you Kelly but Neilson was pretty good when he was here imo despite being very young

45 minutes ago, Roboccop said:

I’ve been in several meetings with the Board where I have told them that there is no chance that FSS will raise that amount this year and that, despite public pronouncements on Board missives,that FSS will do well to get to 1,000 members by the end of the season.  Dave M has even analysed other clubs supporters schemes and you are lucky to get to a figure of 50% of full rate season ticket holders ( those who do better than this have much cheaper memberships for certain groups or lower monthly subs)  To put the onus on FSS to be the sole saviour of the club’s finances is passing the buck - if it’s a three legged stool then the other two legs have to raise 2/3rds of the deficit also. 

Not sure where the club get their figures from. As explained before the membership numbers of other organisations don’t tell the full story. 

Looked at the Back the Bairns pledge too. That was fans just pledging which is a lot easier to gain than having people part with  money. Still, it was only 1,000 which was the number most likely to be near where FSS can max out. The BtB scheme was in 2019 too so a lot has happened since and not quite as easy to persuade people to join. A lot can still hang in the balance to reach its potential but to have over 700 at this stage is brilliant and well on the way to getting there. 

26 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Not sure where the club get their figures from. As explained before the membership numbers of other organisations don’t tell the full story. 

Looked at the Back the Bairns pledge too. That was fans just pledging which is a lot easier to gain than having people part with  money. Still, it was only 1,000 which was the number most likely to be near where FSS can max out. The BtB scheme was in 2019 too so a lot has happened since and not quite as easy to persuade people to join. A lot can still hang in the balance to reach its potential but to have over 700 at this stage is brilliant and well on the way to getting there. 

700 is brilliant, absolutely. My fear is if we don't go up this season and some supporters become disheartened, coupled with mortgages going through the roof, that we could see these numbers dropping instead of increasing. 

3 hours ago, Blame Me said:

So who wouldn't you have signed or is jettisoning Nesbitt the only solution anyone's willing to present?

Didn’t you read the rest of my post??

The signings and re-signings of the likes of Oliver, Allan, Nesbitt and Mackie along with the inability to jettison McKay are why the squad is so imbalanced. The damage was done last season, add that to McGinn struggling already for fitness and it’s clear that if we’re to be successful this season we’ll be doing it by making things more difficult than it could be.

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Where did this rather vulgar fixation you all seem to have with money, come from?

20 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Neilson has just been punted down to Partick on loan.

Krasniqi should definitely have been given more of a chance with us. He looked confident and strong when he played.

Neilson was excellent for us, not sure why anybody could see differently to be honest. Would have taken him back in a second, could play right back or center back and was equally effective as both at a very young age still performing in a poor team. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

4 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Neilson was excellent for us, not sure why anybody could see differently to be honest. Would have taken him back in a second, could play right back or center back and was equally effective as both. 

He was a bit raw, but what more could you expect from someone so young. He certainly looked a prospect