The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, MetalWolf said:

Our leaky defence is the biggest concern for me.  I really wonder whether we need a defensive coach to sort them out and dump this zonal marking corners which doesn't seem to work for us.

I don't think our defence without Mackay is that bad. In two games they've only let in one goal which was a farcical penalty. Brad Mackay plays though and that's a completely different story.

4 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I don't think our defence without Mackay is that bad. In two games they've only let in one goal which was a farcical penalty. Brad Mackay plays though and that's a completely different story.

I listened to the (again!) excellent latest Falkirk Daft podcast on way to work this morning.

I have to agree with Ross in that surely its time to look at one of the youngsters at least getting a shot in place of McKay.   

The counter argument being that if a youngster did f*ck up during a game then it could affect their confidence especially with some our fans reaction.   However my counter argument is these young lads should be hungry to play and wrapping them in cotton wool wont do any good.   They might even use that experience to improve their game.   

I also think, and maybe mainly due to McKay, I'd hope our fans would give the young lads more support and encouragement. 

The fact is we're not going to win the league if we keep gifting teams goals.   

2 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Lang helps but we've still only kept 1 clean sheet in our first 6 games and most of the time it's been cheap goals like we saw last season.

McKay shouldn't be anywhere near the team regardless of how short we are I'd much rather see Henderson in there, in fact I'd rather see McGlynn in there than have to watch him inevitably f**k up again.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Lang helps but we've still only kept 1 clean sheet in our first 6 games and most of the time it's been cheap goals like we saw last season.

McKay shouldn't be anywhere near the team regardless of how short we are I'd much rather see Henderson in there, in fact I'd rather see McGlynn in there than have to watch him inevitably f**k up again.

I don't really put too much emphasis on the league cup games to be honest. We were still getting ourselves sorted out and two of the games were against far better opposition than we will face in league one.  We've been solid in the main in the two league games so far with our starting back 4 .  Needs to move hendo back or play a youngster if Donaldson or  Lang has to come off.

15 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

😂. Yeah, 8 of us are booked in for that 1st game. No idea if we are behind glass or out in the seats but looking forward to it, heard it’s a good day out at Forthbank hospitality. 

You'll have the option for both @RC55 FFC, you'll not get served any alcohol but you can watch behind the window or take your padded seat in the hospitality section. Didn't do hospitality last season but have done it many many times and you'll have a great day i'm sure.

25 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Clean sheets were the difference last year for Dunfermline and Hamilton seem to have started in a similar fashion.  

The opinion that Brad McKay should never take to the field is about the only thing that consistently unites the whole Falkirk support.  

Clean sheets don’t matter if we are winning by a lot against 7 of the 9 other teams.

Brad McKay should have left on loan to a league 2 team to develop more and  we should have just let Sinclair be a back up centre back he is good enough

29 minutes ago, Hisingdoon said:

Clean sheets don’t matter if we are winning by a lot against 7 of the 9 other teams.

Realistically we've seen that is unlikely to happen. The longer we've been in L1 the closer the games have become even against some of the "lesser" sides. 

Titles are built on strong defences - being prolific to boot just helps all the more but grinding out games by the odd goal is what will get us promoted.

10 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Realistically we've seen that is unlikely to happen. The longer we've been in L1 the closer the games have become even against some of the "lesser" sides. 

Titles are built on strong defences - being prolific to boot just helps all the more but grinding out games by the odd goal is what will get us promoted.

We won’t go up then. We play open and the sooner we get used to that the better

1 hour ago, Hisingdoon said:

Brad McKay should have left on loan to a league 2 team to develop more and  we should have just let Sinclair be a back up centre back he is good enough

Who in league 2 can afford his wage? Also he’s full time and all teams in league 2 are part time so I don’t blame him for hanging around as I can’t see him getting a deal like he has with us anywhere else. 

14 minutes ago, Trump said:

Remember the chat about some of our players going part time to be in the fire service? Can one not be Brad McKay? Realistically you’d be looking at someone like East Kilbride in the Lowland who could even afford half of his stupid wages. 

Brad Mckay would get called out to save a cat from a tree and end up running over the family dog. 

From Brad McKay's Wikipedia page

He moved there as a free agent on a two-year contract in the summer of 2015.[17] and made his league debut against his former side Hearts on 2 August, his mistake costing an early goal as St Johnstone lost 4–3.

McKay made his debut for the Pars in a Scottish Cup match against Scottish Premiership side Ross County. His first half challenge on Alex Schalk conceded a penalty which allowed the Staggies to take a 2–1 lead at half time.

Given how short his page is (just a single line saying he joined us) the percentage of his profile given over to mistakes and general pishness is very high.