The Falkirk FC Thread

We've beaten both promoted teams at home comfortably and rescued a point in the dying embers away against one of the potential challengers for the league.

I think that's a pretty decent start to the season but I think Saturday will tell us a lot about the team, got to build momentum with a relatively settled team.

I thought MacIver was brought in to be a different option from the bench but i'm absolutely delighted with the start he's made, exactly what we needed to bring the 3 behind into play and to be in the box at the right time. Fair play to McGlynn that our best performers all seem to be the new signings.

I am happy to see Ross Maciver having a good start at Falkirk. I thought he was a great talent in County's u20s. At that point he hadn't filled out and was played anywhere across the front four in a 4-2-3-1, scoring all types of goals from those positions. I was sorry to see him let go by County at the time, but re-building his career in League 1 is going to be the making of him. 

39 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Passed Alloa's ground this morning and see all the BBC scaffolding, commentary hut etc is all up for Saturdays game already.

Camera gantries on roofs are the worst. 

4 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

I am happy to see Ross Maciver having a good start at Falkirk. I thought he was a great talent in County's u20s. At that point he hadn't filled out and was played anywhere across the front four in a 4-2-3-1, scoring all types of goals from those positions. I was sorry to see him let go by County at the time, but re-building his career in League 1 is going to be the making of him. 

I would not be surprised if he keeps up his scoring form if bigger clubs-Patrick, Morton, cove-try and bid for him during January or summer and currently it seems that county letting him go was a bad idea 

1 minute ago, Hisingdoon said:

I would not be surprised if he keeps up his scoring form if bigger clubs-Patrick, Morton, cove-try and bid for him during January or summer and currently it seems that county letting him go was a bad idea 

I can’t see why not. If he gets decent balls in the box then he’s every chance of getting a shot on target. Oddly it’s his scrappy/tap in goals that impress me the most. Been a while since we’ve had a player that just finds those positions and quick on their toes to get those type of goals. 

46 minutes ago, Hisingdoon said:

IMG_3714.gif.a6f832732690c48f50d51b6bc5fd9c63.gif

1 hour ago, ilostmyself said:

We've beaten both promoted teams at home comfortably and rescued a point in the dying embers away against one of the potential challengers for the league.

I think that's a pretty decent start to the season but I think Saturday will tell us a lot about the team, got to build momentum with a relatively settled team.

I thought MacIver was brought in to be a different option from the bench but i'm absolutely delighted with the start he's made, exactly what we needed to bring the 3 behind into play and to be in the box at the right time. Fair play to McGlynn that our best performers all seem to be the new signings.

Yeah 7 points from 3 games is a good start but it should have been 9 from 3 just McKay (the less said the better) and with 8 goals scored is better than last season I’m sure at this point and the front 4 of miller, Ross, Alfie and Callum is ripping the league to shreds and should rip Ayr to shreds as well.

the hopeful in me says we have a SMALL CHANCE to do an invincible season but that is a VERY SMALL CHANCE if we keep this form up but that won’t happen

saturday will be the best test against a seasoned league 1 side who will be close to play offs

11 hours ago, Hampden Roar said:

You needed SPFL permission for a club to “beam back” the game, I believe they asked for one on 2 occasions, v Dumbarton last game of season a few years back and when we played in Ireland in the Trust Tropht cup and both times it was refused.

But with streaming within the UK for the game so it’s possible (ayr’s stream)  but they’ll probably need to do a deal with Ayr with possible lost income.

Thanks. Suppose there is no harm in asking again then. If the move has potentially reduced our share of our gate receipts then might have a stronger case to request it. 

3 hours ago, Hisingdoon said:

No need to worry pal cause Sir John Mcglynn signed him on a two year deal.

It's been hours since I first clocked it but here I am still trying to wrap my head around the fact a certain poster has raised concerns about bigger clubs (Cove and Morton🤣) nicking our players in January then mentioning that we have a chance of going invincible this season in back to back posts.

1 minute ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

It's been hours since I first clocked it but here I am still trying to wrap my head around the fact a certain poster has raised concerns about bigger clubs (Cove and Morton🤣) nicking our players in January then mentioning that we have a chance of going invincible this season in back to back posts.

We’ve routinely taken Morton’s best players of them over the last few years despite being a division below! 🤣