The Falkirk FC Thread

IMO, Lawal's biggest attribute is coming on to take the pish out of tired defences. Miller not only gives us skill but he also puts in a decent shift which I don't think Lawal's particularly suited too. Nesbitt would certainly give us the effort and application but whether he should be played centrally with Agyeman moving out I don't know? If pushed, I'd play Nesbitt wide left and leave Agyeman where he's been playing. Hopefully it doesn't come to that though!

3 hours ago, Bairns1994 said:

Not if the club board is a group of elected representatives and supporters vote in key issues 

Thats the stuff. Now with social media allowing all concerned a vote it could really get rid of them voting for us and if mistakes are made it is our responsibility! Supporters of the club unite you have nothing to lose but your chains LOL

I don't think Agyeman wide is anywhere near as effective when he is lying just a little behind McIver and more central. 

The first games of the season where McGlynn had Morrison wide left and Agyeman wide right did very little to install confidence in me for the league campaign.

Moving Morrison back to the right side, Agyeman in the middle with Miller on the left, has been much more successful and a bit of a revelation. 

I wouldn't change anything to upset the team formation dynamic, therefore if Miller is out I'd have Nesbitt playing a similar role, but not sure he is capable of it. 

7 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I'd play Nesbitt wide left and leave Agyeman where he's been playing.

By far the best option for me, it's brought us a good balance the last couple of weeks having someone willing to be the creative force even thought all have played their part. It's not a position that's new to Nesbitt and aside from a probable dip in quality of final ball he should be fine to deputise for a few weeks if need be.

2 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Thats the stuff. Now with social media allowing all concerned a vote it could really get rid of them voting for us and if mistakes are made it is our responsibility! Supporters of the club unite you have nothing to lose but your chains LOL

Only works if the elected representatives communicate the relevant messages and consult / listen to the members concerns. 

20 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Only works if the elected representatives communicate the relevant messages and consult / listen to the members concerns. 

Totally agree, but it'll be much easier voting out a couple of lousy elected board members in comparison to a self-serving wealthy investor with majority shares

10 minutes ago, Bairns1994 said:

Totally agree, but it'll be much easier voting out a couple of lousy elected board members in comparison to a self-serving wealthy investor with majority shares

Problem is to get folk to represent the FSS on the Board. Once you vote someone off, you need someone ready to replace them. 

For me I'd have Lawal, Walker or Honeyman replacing Miller out wide instead of making 2 changes to our starting line up by moving Agyeman out wide and putting Nesbitt as the 10.

Wouldn't have Nesbitt out wide as similar to McGuffie he doesn't have the pace or power to beat a man so he's wasted out there.

I expect McGlynn will move Agyeman out wide and play Nesbitt in the 10 right enough, will also be interesting to see if Hogarth gets the nod on Saturday given Long's mistake against Alloa.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

For me I'd have Lawal, Walker or Honeyman replacing Miller out wide instead of making 2 changes to our starting line up by moving Agyeman out wide and putting Nesbitt as the 10.

Wouldn't have Nesbitt out wide as similar to McGuffie he doesn't have the pace or power to beat a man so he's wasted out there.

I expect McGlynn will move Agyeman out wide and play Nesbitt in the 10 right enough, will also be interesting to see if Hogarth gets the nod on Saturday given Long's mistake against Alloa.

Lawal doesn't have the pace either to play out wide. In fact he's slower than nesbitt.

I would very much doubt there will be a change of goalkeeper .  If he was to continue making errors though that would be a different story but I'd expect Long to keep his place for the moment.

1 hour ago, bigbairn76 said:

Brad mackay  away to arbroath for a season long loan deal.

I'll give you a greenie if and when it happens. Unless Arbroath are paying all his wages then I can't see it. That said it's not that outlandish, Campbell has a few quid banked at Arbroath, if he wants to chuck some of it at McKay for a season then fair do's. 

A random thought:

While Lawall scored a good goal during the week, he has never impressed me.  He seems to be painfully underweight and, for me at least, is poor at controlling the ball as it comes to him, most times it bounces off him and he is easily dispossessed.  Yes he will score a goal here and there after coming on as a sub, but I don't have any confidence he can play a more important roll for us than that.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn

16 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

A random thought:

While Lawall scored a good goal during the week, he has never impressed me.  He seems to be painfully underweight and, for me at least, is poor at controlling the ball as it comes to him, most times it bounces off him and he is easily dispossessed.  Yes he will score a goal here and there after coming on as a sub, but I don't have any confidence he can play a more important roll for us than that.

Would have to agree. Can play a role off the bench for sure but wouldn’t keep him beyond this season. 

24 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I'll give you a greenie if and when it happens. Unless Arbroath are paying all his wages then I can't see it. That said it's not that outlandish, Campbell has a few quid banked at Arbroath, if he wants to chuck some of it at McKay for a season then fair do's. 

Can't be on much more cash if any than hetherington was on and they took him.

21 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

A random thought:

He's a raw talent. Bags of skill . It's not the best league to see him thrive. I reckon he'd be more suited to the championship.

9 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Would have to agree. Can play a role off the bench for sure but wouldn’t keep him beyond this season. 

Much more effective as we've seen off the bench. Due to our numbers he'll be sub more often than not but had we had more depth a loan to get used to the rough-and-tumble of the top end of L2 might have been an option.

Huge talent which just needs nurtured.