The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, FFC 1876 said:

Dominated from start to finish but we better put this game to bed early in the second half. How many chances do we need?

This is the worry. We should be well in front. They are shite. 

Just one thing on the whole governance of the club in the future, when my wife wins the euro millions in a few years time  and gives me a few million to spend on investing in the club, what shares can I buy so that the club benefits totally from the cash injection, it needs to be a new share issue, otherwise I would be giving the cash to the Rawlins, Patrons, MSG or anyone willing to sell their shares. 

FSS look like they are going to be donating their monthly subscriptions to the club, so assuming there is a new share issue sometime in the future their £8k a month that they have been donating will gain them nothing. They will no longer have a 25%+1 shareholding. 
This is concerning to me, FSS monthly money should not be a donation it should be a loan redeemable for shares in the future should there be a new share issue.

Just my opinion for what it’s worth 

Edited by grumpyoldman

7 minutes ago, grumpyoldman said:

Just one thing on the whole governance of the club in the future, when my wife wins the euro millions in a few years time  and gives me a few million to spend on investing in the club, what shares can I buy so that the club benefits totally from the cash injection, it needs to be a new share issue, otherwise I would be giving the cash to the Rawlins, Patrons, MSG or anyone willing to sell their shares. 

FSS look like they are going to be donating their monthly subscriptions to the club, so assuming there is a new share issue sometime in the future their £8k a month that they have been donating will gain them nothing. They will no longer have a 25%+1 shareholding. 
This is concerning to me, FSS monthly money should not be a donation it should be a loan redeemable in the future should there be a new share issue.

Wonder if there is a potential option to keep a percentage of the monthly money by FSS. Say 10% is kept in the bank. So that if shares are issued in the future there is a reserve of cash that the FSS can use to purchase the shares. The club would still get 70% with the other 20% going to the loan as a donation but FSS have a safety net? 

57 minutes ago, grumpyoldman said:

This is concerning to me, FSS monthly money should not be a donation it should be a loan redeemable in the future should there be a new share issue.

That was an important point that maybe got lost in the debate. Take my own point of principle aside, getting to 25% and maintaining it is important so any future share issue should at least ensure there are 25% of shares ringfenced for FSS and that any money paid in is converted in exchange for some or all of those shares(depending the amount).

I was actually thinking the other night too about why we’re so tied to this 3 legged stool model. One leg was/is the Rawlins who aren’t involved and quite frankly I wouldn’t want them to be.

The other 2 legs are the FSS and the patrons. The FSS however will be the only leg to continuously put money in to the club and in 3 years time could have put in 2/3 times as much as the other legs yet still have the same percentage. 

Would it be such a bad thing to allow FSS to continue to buy shares to get more of a percentage in the club. At the end of the day if external investment was needed then wouldn’t matter what each leg had as more shares would have to be issued anyway. At least if the FSS owned all the shares then they could sell for whatever price and put the money back in the club as capital. 

Edited by Van_damage