The Falkirk FC Thread

9 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

£5 to park and then canny move the car for 30mins after the game due to folk not returning to there cars straight after the Game... Last time a park in that shambles of a so called car park... 

Glad didn't have a emergency to get away for... 

Shambles... 

What did you expect when you see how the cars are parked. Your always relying on the cars around you moving .  There's been enough posts on here telling folk to park in other areas  

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Cracking video of Brad’s goal on the Falkirk twitter page. Not on twitter but it’s actually letting me watch this, the noise when the ball goes in is immense.

Amazing to watch and the vibe, amongst players, fans is incredible. Early days but I'm seeing something that we haven't seen for many years and that bodes well for what could be, should be our season.

Happy days!

Watched the highlights again last night and just thinking again about how that is easily a game we draw or even lose over the last couple of years. To have the dig to keep going until the last few minutes is great. Signings this year have been spot on. Spencer is brilliant.

13 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

£5 to park and then canny move the car for 30mins after the game due to folk not returning to there cars straight after the Game... Last time a park in that shambles of a so called car park... 

Glad didn't have a emergency to get away for... 

Shambles... 

You’re just not used to big crowds. 

One thing I will say that I forgot to add to my post on Saturday and it’s something my brother noticed and he doesn’t see a lot of us. We had no plan B on Saturday. It was a case of continually putting it wide and crossing only for Ambrose to put his head on it. Now we got lucky in a way that one of the headers fell to Spencer and he scored a brilliant goal however on another day that doesn’t go in. We need to change it when teams set up to nullify how we play.

Just now, Tea and Busquets said:

One thing I will say that I forgot to add to my post on Saturday and it’s something my brother noticed and he doesn’t see a lot of us. We had no plan B on Saturday. It was a case of continually putting it wide and crossing only for Ambrose to put his head on it. Now we got lucky in a way that one of the headers fell to Spencer and he scored a brilliant goal however on another day that doesn’t go in. We need to change it when teams set up to nullify how we play.

Not having Agyeman in the box wouldn’t have helped.

The terrace pod guys were saying we were top for crosses this season but last season we were 6/7th in the league. 

34 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

I thought this myself, was also a problem for us last season however it did look to have been rectified with the additions of Miller and Aggyman, we’ve definitely mixed it up better getting the ball forward much quicker up until Saturday. Without those two as an outlet we seemed to revert to the constant tippy tappy stuff again and although Nesbit has been decent since he came back in he does tend to drop deeper looking for the ball leaving our striker a bit isolated where as Aggyman in that number 10 position actually plays as a foil for McIver. It’s a shame those two are injured as they’ve both given us that pace and physicality up front we lacked combining well with McIver. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

New episode of Falkirk Daft OUT NOW on YouTube, Spotify, Apple etc. 

Could have talked for hours with this guy (& we did) and had to edit it down to 90mins 😂

Cheers to everyone who continues to watch/listen to our nonsense. Means a lot ✊🏼💙

Brilliant episode, any chance of releasing the uncut Steely version 🤣

12 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I'm definitely hesitant to say this but... shades of Arnau Riera for me. Which is a very good thing.

Also very hesitant when I admit to thinking Spencer reminds me a tiny bit of Man Utd’s Bruno Fernandes, if even in his posture and how he moves on the pitch. High praise and of course a very good thing. 

3 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I thought this myself, was also a problem for us last season however it did look to have been rectified with the additions of Miller and Aggyman, we’ve definitely mixed it up better getting the ball forward much quicker up until Saturday. Without those two as an outlet we seemed to revert to the constant tippy tappy stuff again and although Nesbit has been decent since he came back in he does tend to drop deeper looking for the ball leaving our striker a bit isolated where as Aggyman in that number 10 position actually plays as a foil for McIver. It’s a shame those two are injured as they’ve both given us that pace and physicality up front we lacked combining well with McIver. 

It was all the more frustrating because despite our 20 or so crosses (with 50% being howlers, and the rest ending up as somewhere between decent enough and very good, no-one was really getting on the end of them other than MacIver for two (which came to nothing).

Therein lies the problem on Saturday. MacIver really was “one man up front” with the wide guys and midfield miles behind him. If you look back at when MacIver is really dangerous in the air, it’s when he arrives late into the box and comes on to the ball.

On Saturday, he always tended to be static……already in the box, already picked up by Ambrose who, from a standing start, had MacIver’s number all day long………apart from the two times when came onto the ball with Ambrose’s comparative lack of mobility not able to do anything about it. Ok, on both cases, we didn’t score, but by coming a bit deeper in order to come onto crosses is where MacIver’s real impact will come from.

Being static in the box is always going to limit his effectiveness. Maybe something to be worked on.

Edited by Duncan Freemason