The Falkirk FC Thread

30 minutes ago, Mr Grimsdale said:

WTF does this cost Hamilton?

They do seem to have spent a bit of cash while operating on very modest crowds. Brought in a lot of decent players over the summer and apparently still have money to bring in more while still operating a pretty substantial academy set up, presumably the new owner is bankrolling. 

42 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

They do seem to have spent a bit of cash while operating on very modest crowds. Brought in a lot of decent players over the summer and apparently still have money to bring in more while still operating a pretty substantial academy set up, presumably the new owner is bankrolling. 

Did Hamilton not flog a load of youngsters during the summer for decent cash.

18 hours ago, Rennieball said:

1000 to the game at ndp? 

Not to ndp at the next tfs game I should have clarified that that is if the league is still a 3 point gap to the top but we will bring 1000 to ndp easily we done it against clyde last season

Airdrie at home this weekend so Shire away to Celtic B on the Friday night.  This frees me up all day on Saturday before Scotland v Ireland at 8pm.

So I'm tempted to go to Falkirk v Hamilton.  It's probably a 2 way tie between Falkirk and Hamilton to win League 1.  However it's still early days so whoever wins gets a psychological advantage but it hardly hands them the title as it's only October.

Having said all that I think Falkirk v Hamilton will be the game of the weekend in Scotland.

1 minute ago, come on shire said:

Airdrie at home this weekend so Shire away to Celtic B on the Friday night.  This frees me up all day on Saturday before Scotland v Ireland at 8pm.

So I'm tempted to go to Falkirk v Hamilton.  It's probably a 2 way tie between Falkirk and Hamilton to win League 1.  However it's still early days so whoever wins gets a psychological advantage but it hardly hands them the title as it's only October.

Having said all that I think Falkirk v Hamilton will be the game of the weekend in Scotland.

Top scorers in the Spfl, tied on points, a draw puts us both at 23 points any other league puts you top with at least 3+ points clear of 2nd but hamilton would still be second which is crazy and the south stand is going to be rocking all night long come along even as a neutral.

this game will set the tone for the rest of the season 1 slip up and it could mean 6 years or a second year in the 3rd tier for Falkirk or Hamilton

9 minutes ago, come on shire said:

Agree it's much more psychological than anything else.

Losing to the team you're neck-and-neck with and the perceived pressure that will bring is the real outcome of this Saturday.

For the losers it's then knowing that another slip-up could be catastrophic based on the current form of both teams is what is making this game so important at this early stage.

Really good and sadly worrying thing I watched this morning on YouTube “Scunthorpe United are dead. What happened?” . Totally underlines for me why it is so important for fans to have a controlling stake in their club and how badly things can go if the wrong person takes over.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

19 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Really good and sadly worrying thing I watched this morning on YouTube “Scunthorpe United are dead. What happened?” . Totally underlines for me why it is so important for fans to have a controlling stake in their club and how badly things can go if the wrong person takes over.

The owner is trying his best to sell the club but no one wants it and its got so bad that Scunthorpes version of Falkirk daft has been doing fundraising to pay the wages for the staff which no club should ever have to happen. You just hope that someone better comes in and saves them because they could end up like bury soon

7 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Going to see a lot of lower tier English clubs be in trouble over the next few year imho, trying to play catch-up to the premier league has clubs spending more than they make. All it takes is an owner to say cheerio and the whole things knackered. 

Sound. Get a couple of slots opened up for the Uglies to finally f**k off. 

5 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

Going to see a lot of lower tier English clubs be in trouble over the next few year imho, trying to play catch-up to the premier league has clubs spending more than they make. All it takes is an owner to say cheerio and the whole things knackered. 

Only 9 clubs in the entire English leagues make a profit. That is unsustainable. Football needs to stop being a sugar daddy industry. Costs and, that means wages in this industry, need to be cut in England.