The Falkirk FC Thread

18 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

31st August, 1994, my daughter was 28 days old, I was back shift and not meant to be going. Managed to convince a colleague who was nightshift to come out early for me and the Wallace Tavern bus picked me up outside my work in Grangemouth en-route to Ibrox.

As it turned out it was probably one of the best nights I’ve had supporting the Bairns, when Richie scored the second everything rained down on us from the cream buns above and we didn’t give a f**k. The place emptied and we partied for what time was left. The cherry on top was passing the Grangemouth Rangers Supporters bus on the way back containing my father in law and loads of other folk I know and giving them absolute pelters.

Carlsberg don’t do football away days but if they did 🤣

Certainly up there with many brilliant days/nights following the club. Wonderful memories. 

1 hour ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Thanks for that.  Last time I took a bus to Falkirk the bus station was still open.  

Newmarket street is closed for resurfacing works. The 38X takes you to the old post office at Grahamston station. If you are getting the 38x, I would suggest that you get off at the old gala bingo and cross the road to the BT exchange for the 2,3, or 4 that will take you to the stadium.

41 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Apparently the ref has green lighted Alloa to wear their change orange kit on Saturday. Pretty surprised by that - hope our kitman brings some spare home tops in case there’s a rapid u-turn 😂

IMG_5458.thumb.jpeg.329fa4f4ba574f93bf2a748b44d3c60b.jpeg

Looks ok when they played Annan (A). 

5 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Love the new kit.

Just sad I'm an old b*****d and certainly can't be wearing it.

Don't be daft , there's no age limit to football shirts - you wear what you want. 

Full kit w*nker is another thing however.

The new shirt is awesome, I'm a big fan of no sponsor.  If anyone is passing Australia, can you grab me one please.

I don't know if many folk read the article rather than just looking at the pics, but it would seem there will be a heritage kit every year in the leadup to our 150th anniversary.  Maybe one for each of the four quarters which make up the council badge, or possibly with things like Charlotte Dundas, and a Carronade. 

Either way it's excellent marketing. These will be unique and probably not repeated in the same way as the old Budvar top which had every Falkirk player on it who'd appeared at  Brockville when we left the old stadium. 

If the club released a third strip every year they'd likely get slated but doing it this way for a limited time comes across as classy IMO. 

11 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Apparently the ref has green lighted Alloa to wear their change orange kit on Saturday. Pretty surprised by that - hope our kitman brings some spare home tops in case there’s a rapid u-turn 😂

It is either the orange alternate or the home top... 

Refs are blind as a bat no matter which colour is employed. 

When Falkirk inevitably have to change - just remember a referee okayed this game.

12 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

That night at Ibrox was a thing of beauty.

That was back when going to places like Ibrox and parkheid was still a semi enjoyable experience. We got the full bottom of the broomloan road end which makes for a far better atmosphere than stuck in that wee corner. Great night and a great team at its peak.  Shortly after wee Richie was away and then JJ at the end of the season and that was that unfortunately. Great memories.

22 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

It is either the orange alternate or the home top... 

Refs are blind as a bat no matter which colour is employed. 

When Falkirk inevitably have to change - just remember a referee okayed this game.

Is the orange strip not your 3rd strip? Thought you had a white away one?

7 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Is the orange strip not your 3rd strip? Thought you had a white away one?

We were buying a third strip for friendly games originally that wasn't squad numbered and badged but the chairman liked it and wanted it used as the away last season despite us having the white one.

Don't have an alternative to the traffic cone orange this season.

12 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Love the new kit.

Buy it anyway it helps the club out that's what I do, I'm at the age of being past wearing football tops as regular attire but I do give them an airing if I'm on holiday abroad.

12 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Love the new kit.

3 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Buy it anyway it helps the club out that's what I do, I'm at the age of being past wearing football tops as regular attire but I do give them an airing if I'm on holiday abroad.

When I was younger and living back in Scotland I bought every new kit that came out and wore it with pride but then, as I got older, accepted that I was the wrong age and shape to wear them anymore so i stopped buying them. What I wish I had done however was to buy every new kit, not wear it, but have it framed. I've seen some of the guests on Falkirk Daft with all these kits throughout the ages on their walls and I'm jealous as hell. Hindsight's 20/20, eh?

13 hours ago, bairn88 said:

I can't see how the change orange kit will clash with either of our kits tbh