The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, Dave McInally said:

In any respects I have heard further information from the club and satisfied that there is no threat from the Rawlins being able to gain a 45% stake. 

Thank f**k for that. Was beginning to wonder how many times we were going to go round the same circle. 

3 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

It’s meant to be an anonymous forum, thin end of the wedge if people start using their own name or much worse naming other contributors.

There’s no rules on being anonymous or not but as Brockvillenomore once said, if you’re going to be abusive to others then at least be open to who you are, otherwise just argue the point. 

11 hours ago, Trump said:

Not for the first time and not for the last, can I request a separate thread for Falkirk FC board related chat. Would still have more pages than any football chat, even if we won a league I reckon, and would keep the majority of fans happy in the football only thread. Cheers

Free us from the shackles of the nerds.

As a request can we please not create more threads about Falkirk related stuff. I only joined here to see what was being said regarding the FSS but have found a lot of the other topics about club formation and background issues quite interesting.

There are definitely some posters than can be repetitive but I do find the treatment of some people to be verging on bullying. Some of the things that were said to HSW a few days ago were reprehensible to the point I felt obliged to report a post that called him/her a laughing stock. If you have to resort to being abusive then you’ve lost the argument. I would suggest it better to ignore issues you don’t want discussed rather than helping to create multitudes of pages going over the same thing.

I personally find some of the football chat about what formations John McGlynn should play a bit dull and has as little effect being discussed here than most topics, but I just scroll past. 

Would also agree that people who want to remain anonymous should she respected however it is worth remembering that there are humans behind each username and if you’re going to act in a contemptuous manner then I don’t think you can have any complaints if anyone bites back. 

But please, no more threads. The matchday threads are a good place for pre and post match discussion and as this is the Falkirk thread I hope that it will continue to be about all things Falkirk related. 

This shall be my first and most likely my only post but as my late Grandfather used to say, be kind to one another.

COYB

I do know that the chat regarding FSS, potential investors, the board etc, is important

For me — the constant tennis match of back and forth chat about the fine details incredibly eye bleeding to read through 

I feel like a seperate thread would be helpful, if posters want to participate in that, have at it 

14 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Some very loose plans of what's being proposed for the gateway site opposite the stadium

Will be suggesting we are provided with some corner pods as part of the development at the public consultation next year 

Screenshot2023-11-16at14_55_02.thumb.png.63432b4f05c936732efdab426a2004e9.png

Screenshot2023-11-16at14_53_57.thumb.png.7f9027a1427c5a76b61509e5bb97042e.png

How comfortable would you be with a house on the perma-flooded area next to the fire station?