The Falkirk FC Thread

24 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Cove fancying their chances is nothing but good for us. We can outscore anyone in this league which is precisely why we face organised and dogges defences so often, which make nights like lastnight a when, not if, occurrence. If Cove come for the 3 points, it makes a performance on par with shoeing Dundee Utd significantly more likely. 

This.

Should Cove come to the Bairnabeu looking to win rather than sit in and try to stifle us it plays into our hands.

Much more room for our creative types to rip them a new arsehole.

40 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Point away at Montrose is no disaster. Keeps the unbeaten run going.  Kind of result Dunfermline were getting last season all too often. 

True. What is equally true to say is that Dunfermline won key games against direct rivals at pivotal points in the season. That is where we still have a massive question mark against us. We’ve got the flat-track bullying/winning with a bit to spare against the lesser sides pretty much down to an art. We simply have to start performing and regularly picking up three points from matches against the other contenders- plural deliberately used as Cove are coming more into by the week. That’s been our Achilles heel for far, far, far too long. 

Last nights result will have greater context by five o’clock on Saturday. Win, and four points from six from two tricky games in the space of a few days will be a decent outcome. No excuses against Cove, or Hamilton two weeks down the line. 

59 minutes ago, Hartleys18/19Army said:

Really bad feeling about Saturday. We've had a great win against Dundee United but other performances recently have been OK nothing special and now dropped a few points. Cove are flying just now and will really fancy their chances. We seem to create plenty of chances but guilty of a poor conversion rate. We will have to be at our best on Sat. A draw isn't good enough.

I'm pretty confident about Saturday, always thought last night was a tougher fixture.

In no way being doom or gloom, just looking at how things could pan out. When you compare Cove's line up in August when we nicked the late goal to their line up now its like night and day. There's no point skelping Dundee United in Challenge Cup if we can't do that against rivals in the league which is much more important. Let's hope the lads can go out there and give us an early Xmas present. It's crucial for the mindset heading to Hamilton. Kelty have also come in to better form. This month isn't for the faint hearted. 

Some of the comments above while accurate on paper don’t tell the true story as to how we have eeked out wins when we don’t have our creative maestro (Fraser Fyvie). The signing of Doyle has really given us options we just didn’t have but we are still massively short of creativity down the flanks and some of our midfield are just on lookers for large parts of the game. Burrell is in very good form and if the rumours are to be believed is being watched by a few L1 English clubs so will want to impress hopefully.

If we got a draw I would consider it our best result of the season. 

There is no way in hell Cove are coming down here to be as open as Dundee United were. Hartley is a arsehole but he’s not stupid. They’ll make it difficult for us and try and hit us on the counter IMO. We have looked a lot more solid this season, that’s clear for everyone to see which is massive as when you take a game like last night you always hear people high up in the game saying “if you can’t win the game, make sure you don’t lose it” and that’s exactly what we have done, so far. Imperative in my opinion that we strengthen in January as IMO we need to win the league. I wouldn’t fancy a two legged tie against Cove (or Montrose for that matter) as it’s a lottery. League results and positions go out the window.

The recent comments on here demonstrate just how fragile the fan’s confidence is after the crushing disappointments of the last few seasons.

I’m certainly no happy clapper type but I genuinely feel that we have the quality to win this league even allowing for a decent Accies and the nuisance value of Montrose and Cove.

We are short of depth in the squad especially up front, but really don’t feel any negative vibes about our chances.

Let the opposition worry about us!

6 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

The recent comments on here demonstrate just how fragile the fan’s confidence is after the crushing disappointments of the last few seasons.

I’m certainly no happy clapper type but I genuinely feel that we have the quality to win this league even allowing for a decent Accies and the nuisance value of Montrose and Cove.

We are short of depth in the squad especially up front, but really don’t feel any negative vibes about our chances.

This^

Go out on Saturday and go at Cove from the off and have faith in Tam, Coll, Leon, Finn and Nicky to keep the back door shut. 

Ultras do the business like you have all season and let’s all get that place bouncing and get right behind the lads, no room for twitchy sphincters on Saturday.

8 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

We know which way we are shooting 1st half if Cove win the toss anyway.

Big game but definitely winnable. Looking forward to it.

Yes, pretty sure Jim Duffy when he was managing at TFS always made sure we shot the "wrong way" second half. From memory worked pretty well too. Maybe we should get everyone in the main stand to shimmy down to the North side of the stand if we lose the toss...becoming important to win the toss as well now!

7 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

A good post this and sums up the way I've been feeling especially after last seasons shambles. Dare I say I perhaps haven't even got fully over that night at Airdrie.

It's been great this season and I don't want it falling away with a bad December.

37 minutes ago, Midweek-away-to-Lossie said:

The fact we, despite being a small tin pot club, live rent free in their heads due to the continued obsession with Hartley makes me think we can come away with at least a point especially given our past record there.  Hartley has managed to get us stealing points from games we shouldn't and if we do leave with 3 points, I expect it very much to fall into this category and wouldn't be surprised if the wheels come off their season!

McGlynn isn't exactly known for doing the business in the games it matters and this weekend it certainly matters. Could put us full of confidence and knock the stuffing out of Cove or very much the opposite affect.

2 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Yes, pretty sure Jim Duffy when he was managing at TFS always made sure we shot the "wrong way" second half. From memory worked pretty well too. Maybe we should get everyone in the main stand to shimmy down to the North side of the stand if we lose the toss...becoming important to win the toss as well now!

Hamilton (Rankin) and Alloa (Rice) have done it this season. It's certainly not a secret these days. 

2 hours ago, Midweek-away-to-Lossie said:

The fact we, despite being a small tin pot club, live rent free in their heads due to the continued obsession with Hartley makes me think we can come away with at least a point especially given our past record there.  Hartley has managed to get us stealing points from games we shouldn't and if we do leave with 3 points, I expect it very much to fall into this category and wouldn't be surprised if the wheels come off their season!

If Hartley done to you what he done to us/Dundee/Hartlepool then you'd probably not like him either.

1 hour ago, Midweek-away-to-Lossie said:

What he done to Hartlepool?  He wasn't even there 4 months!  As useless as he is and as much as I dislike him, that clubs downfall is not entirely his doing.

For what he done to Falkirk, surely the board had the final say?  Or maybe it's the board that are the issue as opposed to Hartley, 5 years on and still languishing in League One...

I've seen through Hartley since day 1 of his first spell at our club, its blatantly clear why he was given the job in the first place and thankfully more Cove fans are finally seeing that since his return.  Hartley got us relegated last season when despite being at the bottom end of the Championship table, it was still part of the upward trajectory the club have been on over the past few seasons.  That momentum and positivity has all but gone now, purely due to Hartley - Jim McIntyre would have probably kept us up, I suspect any other manager would have kept us from finishing 10th but the DoF's son-in-law needed a job, so that's all that matters sadly!

Made 17 shite summer signings which ultimately played a massive part in them being relegated to the national league? Managed 4 points from the first 11 games before being punted.

It's almost as if he did it on purpose, coming back up the road with a tidy pay off in time for christmas. Knowing fine well daddy Cove would bring him back in for a second suckle of the bosoms soon enough.