The Falkirk FC Thread

FROM THE HAMILTON P&B THREAD. They claim this was announced at their AGM last week to cheers - probably true but they are now a lot quieter given yesterday's results. Personally I don't thinnk you can keep a player who wants to go get much more money - I just hope the Board have played hard ball.

2 hours ago, stepek 4 tellys said:

Ok, here’s the scoop. Our DOF, who by the way I despise, claimed at the forum that he last week approached Morrison with a view to signing him(stifle your laughter for a moment and humour me please) He was told, thanks but no thanks as he was signing a pre contract with a team down south in January. Falkirk are looking to get some sort of cash for him in January as they have players they want in which will allow him to leave then rather than at the end of the season. 

27 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

FROM THE HAMILTON P&B THREAD. They claim this was announced at their AGM last week to cheers - probably true but they are now a lot quieter given yesterday's results. Personally I don't thinnk you can keep a player who wants to go get much more money - I just hope the Board have played hard ball.

2 hours ago, stepek 4 tellys said:

Ok, here’s the scoop. Our DOF, who by the way I despise, claimed at the forum that he last week approached Morrison with a view to signing him(stifle your laughter for a moment and humour me please) He was told, thanks but no thanks as he was signing a pre contract with a team down south in January. Falkirk are looking to get some sort of cash for him in January as they have players they want in which will allow him to leave then rather than at the end of the season. 

Morrisons agent has apparently been talking to any club that was prepared to listen to him

The bottom line is, we either get money or we get to keep Morrison. I trust McGlynn with money to get the right personnel in. I trust Callumn Morrison to continue working hard even on a PCA. 

I'll miss him if he goes now or summer but of all the players in the last few shitty years, he has done his time, qualifies as genuinely a good servant to the club and deserves his move after some shite injuries too. 

Stevie Tosh got replaced by Stuart Taylor as I recall. Food for thought that.....

5 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I wouldn't want to lose Morrison.

Anything that has the potential to unsettle the squad on a 22 match unbeaten run should be avoided at all costs. He's not just a big league player for us he's been a big match winner in the cup games, this probably generates more money than any potential transfer fee.

As things stand, with the squad we've got we have a brilliant chance of going up. I'm not saying we'd fall to pieces without Morrison, of course we wouldn't, I just wouldn't tinker with a winning formula unless I absolutely had to and we don't 

Any offer isn't going to be massive as he's only got 6 months left on his contract. 

Money aside, if the player wants to move on, that's different, and there's not much you can do about that. We just need to negotiate the best deal including sell on clauses. 

Agreed. The squad harmony must be the best it’s been in years and we should do everything we can to keep it tight until the end of season. FWIW I’d be sad to lose Morrison and he’s been a great servant to the club and has popped up with more than his fair share of crucial goals, some spectacular strikes too. The fairytale ending would be if he signed a pre-contract with an English club, allowing him to play with us until we won the league, he gets his medal, we shake hands and wish him the best for the future. Everyone wins. 

There are a few things that don't stack up for me. The story comes from Accies probably trying to curry favour with a disgruntled support.  The we are trying to sign our rivals perceived best player so we mean business routine. I don't believe it.

Secondly I didn't think they were allowed to have discussions about PCA before January without the clubs blessing. 

I also think he will want to stay to get his hands on silverware even if it is only league 1 title.

I would rather keep him but he is replaceable. 

Desperate Hamilton it must be Rankin because they have the best squad apparently 

Would much rather Morrison left on a PCA in the summer than being sold for cash now obviously. 

However as others have said he is certainly replaceable, was quiet again yesterday whereas Miller was having a field day on the opposite side. 

20231224_122109.thumb.jpg.6e6b4c60876fb2c2b328f5f0c2e30ab2.jpg

Morrison has contributed a lot but worth remembering that 4 of those goals were penalties and another was really an OG by the Kelty keeper. If the club do want to cash in I'd be confident McGlynn can get the replacement right 

Interesting that Hamilton felt the need to discuss it at their fans forum, clearly shiteing it at the thought of the Navy Blue Juggernaut steaming away from them between now and May. And the idea they could actually sign him from us is proper fall-down-and-pish-your-pants hilarious 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

Sounds a bit ludicrous to me. The fact that Hamilton thought they ever in a million years had the chance of signing Morrison from us for starters is hilarious. Plus this is surely a clear case of tapping up one of our players as they can only talk to him in the new year.  Sounds a bit desperate to be honest.

Would be a blow if we were to lose him. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think he's our longest serving player currently? He's suffered through some utter shite over the years and would be a shame for him to leave when there's so much positive vibes around the club now. At the end of the day though, it's his decision and if it is a team in England, they'll no doubt be offering wages far in excess of anything we could. I can't possibly grudge him that.

It’s madness to suggest we wouldn’t miss Morrison. 
Even if he’s not playing well, the opposition need to make allowances for him and this frees up space for others. 

I think it’s important that we don’t stop players who have a chance to progress. You have more chance of getting ambitious young players to join us in the future if we are seen to be club that will give you a chance but won’t stand in your way. 

Just now, Andy Dufresne said:

When Alan Gow signed his PCA with Rangers after we had refused to sell him his form dipped and people were saying he stopped trying.

I am not saying this will happen but it is a risk.

I always try to compare with regular jobs and I know myself that if I've put my notice in somewhere, I'll do enough to get by until my last day, but the days of me panning it in for the company are gone. I think it's only natural, to be perfectly honest that performance levels would drop, even if it's only slightly.

Let's face it if you sign a pca to join a bigger club then you won't be risking injury and then seeing the new club ripping it up. 

Scotland should catch up with England anyone and scrap pca's between domestic clubs. It's nonsense that you could sign a pca and then play against your new club. Of course rangers and Celtic wouldn't allow it to.be scrapped up here as it would make it a bit more difficult for them to hoover up all the talent.

42 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

When Alan Gow signed his PCA with Rangers after we had refused to sell him his form dipped and people were saying he stopped trying.

I am not saying this will happen but it is a risk.

Used a perfect example - Gows form dropped like a brick once he signed for Sevco. PCSs will have many caveats. If a player who’s earning 750 a week, and signs a PCA for 3/4K a week, it’s not rocket science that the player will not risk any type of injury that would jeopardise his chance of making large bucks.

It's not just the goals that he scores that we'd miss, it's his potential to score them. As someone above said, the opposition have got to make allowances for him because he scares the shit out of them!

Ethan Ross is a good player but we won't get anywhere near the goal return from him.

22 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Hearing it’s Salford with their class of 92 ownership that might be destination……

Salford - near the foot of the 4th tier of English Football.
Sadly, this is a step forwards for Morrison if only that he’ll triple his wage packet.  

Prior to Kircer’s post, I was thinking of what type of club would be after him……..mid-table EFL League One give or take 20 league positions or so. But bottom of 4th tier? Blimey that puts our club’s current standing in perspective.

Although…..I remember Aberdeen regular Adam Rooney leaving in an extraordinary move to then National League Salford City a few seasons back. Maybe a warning to Callumn - Rooney barely reached a higher level (one season in League 2) before slipping into obscurity.